PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Toast to Bill Belichick

No argument from me but your also although I don't think intentionally underestimating Brady. You're talking about a 6th round pick who Bobby Grier convinced the organization to take. Your talking about an owner in Robert who got laughed at when he traded for Bill. Like Brady Bill was given a chance, a second chance really. Bill HELPED in the winning. He set extraordinary game plans, played guys that we're not even considered NFL level players to some organizations. I appreciate Bill, I'm thankful for Bill but you have to look at the entire picture it's Robert, Bill and Brady who collectively made this thing work and last 19 seasons. Without each other none of this exist.

OK, fine. Agreed. How am I underestimating Brady? The conversation isn't about Brady on the Pats, it is about Brady on another team, with a different owner, a different coach, and a different star QB in front of him. I'm saying, in the NFL, he's lucky to get off the scout team, just because of tradition. He doesn't get the chance to show his talent. Bill gave him that, because he generally ignores the traditions that keeps star players in place regardless of how they are performing.

OK, fine. Agreed. How am I underestimating Brady? The conversation isn't about Brady on the Pats, it is about Brady on another team, with a different owner, a different coach, and a different star QB in front of him. I'm saying, in the NFL, he's lucky to get off the scout team, just because of tradition. He doesn't get the chance to show his talent. Bill gave him that, because he generally ignores the traditions that keeps star players in place regardless of how they are performing.
Easily becuase Brady and Bill are one in the same. When you think of Brady you think of Bill and vice versa. I used to think it was all Bill, Tom left oh Bill will create another dynasty. The last few seasons have humbled me and made me more appreciative of all 3 men collectively Brady made Bill a better coach and Bill made Brady a better player. I know it's over but I respect, admire and appreciate everything Bill has done.

Easily becuase Brady and Bill are one in the same. When you think of Brady you think of Bill and vice versa. I used to think it was all Bill, Tom left oh Bill will create another dynasty. The last few seasons have humbled me and made me more appreciative of all 3 men collectively Brady made Bill a better coach and Bill made Brady a better player. I know it's over but I respect, admire and appreciate everything Bill has done.
You are ignoring the question. Brady, drafted in the 6th round, onto a team with a highly paid star QB...what are the odds on him becoming a starter in year 2? Year 3? Even year 4? Pretty small, based on the traditions of the NFL.

The question is about differentiating Brady's hypothetical history from the Patriots.

You are ignoring the question. Brady, drafted in the 6th round, onto a team with a highly paid star QB...what are the odds on him becoming a starter in year 2? Year 3? Even year 4? Pretty small, based on the traditions of the NFL.

The question is about differentiating Brady's hypothetical history from the Patriots.
Ok fine, your right on that. But as fate would have it he got his shot. Brady is entrenched in patriots history. What made me appreciate Brady more is he went immediately to another franchise and wok. That is just an amazing feat itself. As I said I appreciate Bill I admire Bill he is best to ever do it!

No he didn't.

Bill drafted, developed and added enough talent on O and D to go to 9 Super Bowls.

If you want to play that game take away Bradshaw from Noll, Starr from Lombardi and Montana from Walsh.
Ok

What were their records without them? And how many of them ran their QB out of town just so he could win a superbowl somewhere else the next year

And both would tell us the same thing.
Exactly they definitely would. As a coach need to challenge his best players, the players also can make the coaches better.

Reactions: sb1
And he was the one who drafted Brady, such a ****ing disrespectful comment.

Greatest coach in history of professional sports.
**** Rehbein was the guy who drafted Brady...he convinced Bill, who probably wanted a third safety from Mass Maritime

Ok

What were their records without them? And how many of them ran their QB out of town just so he could win a superbowl somewhere else the next year
the IBWT people are in denial that his record is absolute dog **** without Tom Brady

So? A number of those wins came during the dynasty years with backups. 7-5-2 with WASH. No championships

...and Noll is 42-43 w/o Bradshaw but went 6-0 in 76 with Mike Kruczek.

Great coaches are great because of the players around them.

Great coaches deserves credit for bringing in and winning with said talent.

Bill went 13-6 after Tom was named the starter and the dynasty was born. 3-1 in 16 and 10-5 in 08.

Bill will be gone not because he didn't replace Brady. He'll be gone b/c he stopped bringing in talent everywhere else on the roster
Exactly. As much as we talk about Mac and Zappe, if they were the only problem, then everyone would chalk it up as a miss and keep Bill to try again. He's gone because the roster is a complete mess and it doesn't seem like he's the guy that's going to fix it. Frankly, he might not even want to. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to commit to a rebuild and decided he'd rather go somewhere that just needs a few pieces that he can get in shape for a run.

Brady with some help from Gronk winning one in Tampa vindicated everything about the Pats dynasty. Nobody should be salty about that. It proved to everyone that the Patriots dynasty didn't win because of some stupid "system" or cheating, we won because we had a fkn awesome QB and amazing players, full stop, period, Q.E.D.

Exactly. As much as we talk about Mac and Zappe, if they were the only problem, then everyone would chalk it up as a miss and keep Bill to try again. He's gone because the roster is a complete mess and it doesn't seem like he's the guy that's going to fix it. Frankly, he might not even want to. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to commit to a rebuild and decided he'd rather go somewhere that just needs a few pieces that he can get in shape for a run.
I firmly believe Bill has zero interest in a rebuild...which is what this requires.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I firmly believe Bill has zero interest in a rebuild...which is what this requires.
Yup. Rebuild 1.0 was a failure so the clock starts again on the next one. Bill is 71. I can't see him sticking around to see the outcome of this. No way.

It was an ankle injury but I can't recall exactly what it was. 07 was his high ankle sprain.

We all know Kermit would get his own special narrative if that happened to him.
Cheap shot hit. I think it was Joey Porter.

Reactions: sb1
Lombardi 0.633 without Starr.
Where did you get that?
Bart Starr was the Packers QB before Lombardi started coaching there and Starr outlasted Lombardi as well.

Lombardi 0.633 without Starr.
One more thing: do you honestly believe this stuff?

You guys really dont think he's the greatest coach ever?

It's another argument to say he's washed, but to say he's not the greatest ever is absolutely insane.

Bill will be gone not because he didn't replace Brady. He'll be gone b/c he stopped bringing in talent everywhere else on the roster
Everywhere else? Im rolling my eyes at this. Everywhere?
The team is now going to get blown up with good players like Barmore, Dugger, Peppers, Jon Jones, Wise, Onwenu, Rham, etc. going elsewhere.
These guys aren't going to stick around during a new rebuild. Every team that starts anew trades the older players of value away.

Abandoning a rebuild when you have the GOAT is about the dumbest thing ownership can do.

Bill replaced Brady with Mac Jones. This is what did the team in. They need a QB.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back