PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Toast to Bill Belichick

I wouldn't write his obituary just yet. now reports form boston media/rap are out that theres a chance he could be back with a new GM and personnel
If this happens, I called this for a while now.

I wouldn't write his obituary just yet. now reports form boston media/rap are out that theres a chance he could be back with a new GM and personnel
Where did you hear this?

If he is gone I'm very sad. For me - first 24 years as a winless SB Fan - next 24 years with 6 wins

Belichick is gone. Don't discount Belichick wanting out and there is a mutual parting of the ways. I don't know at 72 that Belichick wants to go into rebuild mode. He wants Shula's record. He wants to get it as fast as possible and not limp his way into getting it. And I think once he gets it, he only stays on coaching if the team he is coaching is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I mean like a top 3-4 team.

Belichick is gone. Don't discount Belichick wanting out and there is a mutual parting of the ways. I don't know at 72 that Belichick wants to go into rebuild mode. He wants Shula's record. He wants to get it as fast as possible and not limp his way into getting it. And I think once he gets it, he only stays on coaching if the team he is coaching is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I mean like a top 3-4 team.
Chargers would be a perfect fit for him.

Didn’t think id get choked up but i definitely did when he walked off at the end. Same kinda feeling and reaction when Brady signed with tampa. Its sad but happiness at the same time, we experienced alot with these 2 something no other fanbase got to. Thank you Bill!

And he was the one who drafted Brady, such a ****ing disrespectful comment.

Greatest coach in history of professional sports.
**** Rehbein, RIP, was responsible for finding Brady not Belichick. If BB actually believed in Brady he wouldn't have waited till the 6th round to take him.

If you want to give credit where it's due, show the real respect to **** Rehbein who went to bat for Brady in the draft.

Article: Tom Brady Owes His Career to a Patriots Coach Who Tragically Died Before Ever Seeing Him Throw a Touchdown

Last edited:
This thread is premature anyways.

Until Kraft ballsacks up and either trades or fires Belichick, I'm not believing anything yet until it is officially confirmed.

Father Time never loses. That's true even for coaches.

Thanks to Bill for bringing Tom Brady into the Pats organization and for being a great defensive mind. Sorry you went out at the bottom in one of the worst seasons in Patriots history…..but it’s been building since Brady left….Best of luck in the future or retirement

Grier? That's a new one what's the logic on that?
Actually I heard that too….Bobby Grier pushed hard for Brady …..it took 6 rounds to get him so BB wasn’t really looking at him!

**** Rehbein, RIP, was responsible for finding Brady not Belichick. If BB actually believed in Brady he wouldn't have waited till the 6th round to take him.

If you want to give credit where it's due, show the real respect to **** Rehbein who want to bat for Brady in the draft.

Article: Tom Brady Owes His Career to a Patriots Coach Who Tragically Died Before Ever Seeing Him Throw a Touchdown
At the end of the day BB was the one who drafted Brady and started him over Bledsoe.

forever grateful he brought us the guy responsible for nearly 2 decades of excellence

Bill Belichick's finest moment as HC of the NEP was his "on to Cincinnati" press conference. It is easy to forget the circumstances of that.

The Patriots had just gotten whupped 8 ways to Sunday by the KC Chiefs on national TV. Brady, for perhaps the first time in his career, looked old. The vultures were circling and the scumbags that make up both the national and local media were all too eager to pile on. And this was a time when NE was still stuck on 3 Super Bowls.

Belichick sent the message to the team to focus on next week's game. What's done is done, we're moving forward. On to Cincinnati. They went 13-2 from that point forward with that 13th win being a little soiree called Super Bowl 49.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back