• JEST always suck, have to think

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@slam asked a good question in the Zach Wilson thread.

If given the choice between "The Pats will always be good" and "The JEST will always suck," which would you pick, and would you hesitate before picking? I'll keep it anonymous, unless you want to share.

Jets always suck. We still have our championships. They need to keep being losers.

I will always go with the option that benefits the Patriots the most, so I'd say Patriots always good, no question.

Regardless of my choice, the Jets will always suck anyway and I will always enjoy that.

I took the Nick Folk option - Pats success always gets top priority, but there's a side of me that believes that the Jets can never suffer enough, which gave me just a bit of pause.

It actually would be fun to see the Jets sold, moved, renamed and then suddenly become a smashing success :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RLKAG (probably 2)
Now that's out of the way, I'd have to go with J-E-T-E SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!!! But only because after the past 20+ years I'm not sure the Football Gods would view my wanting anything further for the Pats as being anything less than flat out ungrateful

Jete misery is just a perk of being a lifelong rabid Pats fan....so, there really isn't a question
If there is a Pats fan out there who feels "bad" the Jets are having a tough time their fandom needs to be called into question.

Jete misery is just a perk of being a lifelong rabid Pats fan....so, there really isn't a question

If there is a Pats fan out there who feels "bad" the Jets are having a tough time their fandom needs to be called into question.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I don't really care about the Jets tbh. They haven't beaten us in ages.

Well, here I am

I dislike the Jets. Maybe a tad bit more than the Broncos or the Raiders.

But I can't hate something that it is so harmless (except for the Sanchez era for a bit). My feelings is just to consider us lucky we have to face them twice every year.

this is just geography-based rivalry

If there was a deity that granted wishes I wouldn’t waste them on trivial football crap.
I would wish for world peace, end world hunger, and make alcohol a healthy super food.
Yes, I’m a better person than you.

no matter the jest record, they always suck, that is a given,

I was born hating the Jets.

My dad is pushing 80 and by blood is a Giants fan. He hated the Jets. By default I did as well.

Once my Pat fandom started to take shape by I hated Richard Todd, Mark Gastineau and Marty Lyons.

Then Tuna bolted...

Then that sham called Spygate...

Seeing them have success under Toe-Rex was pure agony.

Beating us in the playoffs in 2010 was just as bad as a Super Bowl loss.

I hate everything about them. Going 0-17 isn't good enough.

With that said one my closest friends for 30 years is a big-time, annoying NYJ fan. I'm not sure how that happened but it is what it is.

My dad is pushing 80 and by blood is a Giants fan. He hated the Jets. By default I did as well.

Once my Pat fandom started to take shape by I hated Richard Todd, Mark Gastineau and Marty Lyons.

Then Tuna bolted...

With that said one my closest friends for 30 years is a big-time, annoying NYJ fan. I'm not sure how that happened but it is what it is.
I'm shocked anyone would be a fan of that team.

As the originator of this notion, the thing that makes it difficult is that the Jets sucking is such a pure, unadulterated joy. It unites all Pats fans with a warm, fuzzy glow. It's downright American to exalt in the Jets' suckitude with absolutely no downside. It's as dependable as death and taxes.

In contrast, we've learned that no matter how good the Patriots actually are, there is a persistent subset of fans and media who seek to continually diminish the experience of rooting for them. They can, and have, won 3 out of 4 (and 5) Super Bowls and you go on Patsfans and see some superfan reliving a 3rd round draft bust from seven years ago as if that's the essence of the franchise. Thus, following a 14-3 Super Bowl favorite feels like following a 7-10 also ran because of this loud minority voice.

In the end I go with Pats forever being good, but it is tempting.

Then Tuna bolted...

is there any other kind

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back