PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A delicious clip of the miserable, suffering Colts

Hey, at least they can relish in the fact they got a steal with Carson Wentz. It is only going to cost them a first round pick and $28 million in salary in 2022 for the rights for a downright average QB like Wentz.

I'm a fan of Frank Reich's and I think he makes a lot of sense, but I can't think of any team's loss than I enjoyed more than theirs. The clueless look on Irsay's face makes it even more enjoyable. It's too bad Polian isn't still there.

I'm also looking forward to any Harbawl videos out there.

The Ratbirds and Indiots getting knocked out while the Pats are back in the playoffs with a promising rookie is one of the sweetest presents that a Pats fan can get.
Ratbirds were ultimately knocked out by the Steelers which makes it even sweeter.

I just think of this any time someone complains about how we have it here. No matter what happens on Saturday, we have a QB going into his second year next year who now has playoff experience. Wentz is who he is by this point, so they either stick with him and live in mediocrity or roll the dice on a QB draft class that isn't even in the same league as the one last year. And all they had to do to make the playoffs was beat the worst team in the league, and they didn't even come CLOSE. Karma for Deflategate continues.
They don't even have the draft capital to draft the Davis Mills of this year's draft class, whoever that may be.

To be fair, the Colts would have been in the playoffs in a 16 game season. So maybe a banner saying "2021 NFL Playoffs Team*"

*if it was a 16 game seaons

Mark Davis seriously looks like he had a secret, mutated twin brother who they kept locked in the attic and fed him a bucket of fish heads once a week. Then one day he escaped, killed the real Mark Davis, took his identity, and either no one noticed or they're too scared to call him out on it.

86025915.jpg

I just think of this any time someone complains about how we have it here. No matter what happens on Saturday, we have a QB going into his second year next year who now has playoff experience. Wentz is who he is by this point, so they either stick with him and live in mediocrity or roll the dice on a QB draft class that isn't even in the same league as the one last year. And all they had to do to make the playoffs was beat the worst team in the league, and they didn't even come CLOSE. Karma for Deflategate continues.
Agree 100%. I wish PatsFans in general were more appreciative of the situation we find ourselves in.

I know someone right now is typing in "at least we aren't suck ups" -- save it.

It's possible to express criticism without being a ****head. I wish more posters here would give that a try.

And when it's time to criticize other teams, then be a total ****head! That's what being a fan mean, IMO.

It's hard for me to overstate the instant downgrade I had in my mind of my estimation of the Ballard/Reich regime after I heard about the Wentz trade. It went from two years of "Man, the Colts are making a ton of smart, if conservative, football decisions and hitting on a lot of good draft picks. They're keeping their resources free for when they want to pounce on the perfect QB to complete the team" to "Uh.... I guess they're secret morons?"
They set themselves back a good two years with that one move.

Somehow they short circuited their gag reflex when they were on the phone with Howie Roseman when he asked for a 1st to take Wentz and his huge salary off his hands.

Meanwhile PHL is in the playoff with 2nd round pick Jaylen Hurts at QB, and the IND coach is telling his players it just wasn't our year.

Hope he was staring at Wentz when he said that.

Jim Irsay is like the cool, drug using bad boy version of Mark Davis.
I see nothing cool about a drunken, drug-dealing slob. I don't know much about Mark Davis, though his haircut looks pretty bad. Since he's a Raider he's part of my 25 year curse on that team that started in 2002.

Agree 100%. I wish PatsFans in general were more appreciative of the situation we find ourselves in.

I know someone right now is typing in "at least we aren't suck ups" -- save it.

It's possible to express criticism without being a ****head. I wish more posters here would give that a try.

And when it's time to criticize other teams, then be a total ****head! That's what being a fan mean, IMO.
I don't see many fans complaining.

I think most of us expected less than we've received so far.

Hey, at least they can relish in the fact they got a steal with Carson Wentz. It is only going to cost them a first round pick and $28 million in salary in 2022 for the rights for a downright average QB like Wentz.
Some could argue that he's below average but he hands off real well. :)

I see nothing cool about a drunken, drug-dealing slob. I don't know much about Mark Davis, though his haircut looks pretty bad. Since he's a Raider he's part of my 25 year curse on that team that started in 2002.
Gotta say bro that if you're really a fan since the 60s I'm a bit shocked that your Raiduh curse didn't start in the 70s with Ben Freakin Dreith or with Jack Tatum.

I don't see many fans complaining.
I wish I could say the same. It's all over, starting with the Game Day threads and radiating out from there.

I think most of us expected less than we've received so far.
Plenty seem to think they could be doing a better job than our HC, OC, etc.

Plenty seem to expect SB appearances every year.

I agree that should be the goal, but not an expectation.

I can only imagine these people if they were Colts fans, or fans of the other bottom dwellers of the league.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back