PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/14 - Wednesday Pats/Titans Joint Session Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact that our two joint practice teams this year are ones that embarrassed us last season. I don't know if it was intentional, but I like it. Gets some of these guys a little extra motivated to face them in practice.

I love the fact that our two joint practice teams this year are ones that embarrassed us last season. I don't know if it was intentional, but I like it. Gets some of these guys a little extra motivated to face them in practice.

I was wondering the same thing.

As a pure competitor I'm sure it annoyed the hell out of BB to lose to Fat Matt and Vrabes more than any other garden variety coach so there might be some internal, 'Maybe I can pick up a few clues as to what they did to us last year.'. With that said I do think these having these practices are a lot more about having a comfort-level pertaining to logistics, football operations/practice philosophy and BB gathering inside info on the DET & TN players there so if he needs them (see TE, OT) he already has G2 on them to make a more informed decision.

As a pure competitor I'm sure it annoyed the hell out of BB to lose to Fat Matt and Vrabes more than any other garden variety coach so there might be some internal, 'Maybe I can pick up a few clues as to what they did to us last year.'. With that said I do think these having these practices are a lot more about having a comfort-level pertaining to logistics, football operations/practice philosophy and BB gathering inside info on the DET & TN players there so if he needs them (see TE, OT) he already has G2 on them to make a more informed decision.
I think it has more to do with BB feeling comfortable and respectful towards them. Anything else is just doing your job.

Yeah Detroit will always be Detroit the little engine that couldn't.:rolleyes: But the Titans didn't do jack squat after that win they got worse it seemed.

I think it has more to do with BB feeling comfortable and respectful towards them. Anything else is just doing your job.
I would agree. I think that is the #1 reason with the other reasons I mention as considerations and side benefits

Last edited:
IF Jakobi Meyers shines against those guys in practice I want him shut down until the star of the regular season enough is enough.:cool:

:D

It amazes me how many storylines there are with Titans who want to stick it to the Pats.
Vrabel traded away to KC along with Matt Cassel for #34 draft pick which turned into Patrick Chung.
Dean Pees DC not offered a new contract after 2009.
Pees retired from the Ravens on Jan.1st 2018 only to unretire on Jan. 28th to join Vrabel.
Lewis, Ryan,Butler, and Kline no longer wanted by the team they helped to win Super Bowls.

And both joint practices and preseason games are on the road with them, just like the regular season games last year. And Belichick has already called out in his press conferences how they did not have a winning record on the road last year.

Teams have a lot of input in the preseason schedule, even though the NFL has the final say. I vote this is 100% intentional.

It amazes me how many storylines there are with Titans who want to stick it to the Pats.
Vrabel traded away to KC along with Matt Cassel for #34 draft pick which turned into Patrick Chung.
Dean Pees DC not offered a new contract after 2009.
Pees retired from the Ravens on Jan.1st 2018 only to unretire on Jan. 28th to join Vrabel.
Lewis, Ryan,Butler, and Kline no longer wanted by the team they helped to win Super Bowls.
Ryan, at least publically, has been understanding about it and I don't have any reason to believe there is any bad blood there. Butler has been publically understanding too but we know there is definitely tension there. The one that saddens me is Lewis, we know he's very bitter and it's a shame because he was so good here and kept his head down and did his job. Hopefully he'll get over it soon and realize it's nothing personal, just business.

The Patriots only do joint practices with teams that Bill has close relationship with. If it's going to be done right there has to be a lot of cooperation between the 2 staffs as well as joint planning. The more familiar both teams are with each other the easier that goes. If both teams are on the same page, then they WILL get a lot out of these sessions.

The ONLY thing we can be sure of is that there will be a lot of comments and speculations that will carry great weight this week, that will end up being a VERY small footnote by Thanksgiving. ;)

And both joint practices and preseason games are on the road with them, just like the regular season games last year. And Belichick has already called out in his press conferences how they did not have a winning record on the road last year.

Teams have a lot of input in the preseason schedule, even though the NFL has the final say. I vote this is 100% intentional.
I had forgotten he made that comment.

You might be on to something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing