PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/14 - Wednesday Pats/Titans Joint Session Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how coach can drive the narrative that we need to improve on last season, when last season resulted in a championship. Yet he believes it, the players believe it, and they buy in. It's why we avoid the fat-n-happy champions syndrome.
Dave Dombrowski and Alex Cora could have benefited from a chat w BB

It's amazing how coach can drive the narrative that we need to improve on last season, when last season resulted in a championship. Yet he believes it, the players believe it, and they buy in. It's why we avoid the fat-n-happy champions syndrome.

buy in is much easier when most of player salaries are not guaranteed

Funny how Chad Jackson doesn’t get the same excuse.

If you spent 3 minutes to learn about the two individuals you are comparing, you wouldn't have written that. There is a reason Mike Vrabel (who met him as an established veteran meeting a rookie in 2009) hired McKenzie as his LB coach two years ago.

The only thing those two had in common was that they were football players drafted by the Patriots.

Just to shine some light into exactly how bad your uninformed snarky comparison of Tyrone McKenzie to Chad Jackson was:

Tyrone McKenzie - Wikipedia
"....Before the 2007 season, McKenzie transferred to the University of South Florida, receiving a hardship waiver from the NCAA allowing him to play immediately. McKenzie had transferred to be closer to his widowed mother who was injured in a car accident and lost her business; McKenzie worked the overnight shift at a Hampton Inn in order to support her.[1] "

Tyrone McKenzie - Courage Through Cancer

Last edited:
It sucks too because he might have legitimately been the most fun player to watch this team has ever had.

Before he hurt his knee in 2015 and the injury bug hit us hard. I think that
was going to be the best team of the last 5 years. He was a great compliment
to a power back like Blount. Decent QB and TE on that team too:)

Yup. 2015 was the posterchild year for injuries. Believe it or not, that team was 10-0 at Thanksgiving :eek: Edelman broke his foot in that 10th straight win and the wheels just fell off the team as DLewis had already torn his ACL a couple weeks before. From that point, the Pats went 2-4. Blount was put on IR after the Texans game 2 weeks later.

That was the year the Pats went into the playoffs with a RB corps that was a yet-emerged JWhite/Brandon Bolden and the Ghost of Steven Jackson. In the playoffs, Edelman was gamely limping on a foot held together by temporary screws.

.......and yet, they still ALMOST pulled off the AFCCG game against the Broncos in Denver, losing 20-18. That was perhaps, Brady's greatest game ever, given the circumstances. What he did with that OL and theat OL coach going AWOL on him while getting pounded over and over and over by Von Miller and perhaps one of the best D's this century is incredible. Von Miller, to this day, cannot believe how tough Brady was.

Can you IMAGINE - - it's not that far a reach to say this franchise could have been, at this very moment, gearing up for a 5-peat......

Last edited:
We have no reason to believe Collins is injured, right?

Hopefully he hasn't already been traded to Cleveland for a 6th round pick....;)

Might be a jersey number switch....

WR #19 Ryan Davis nice cut on that route he would get separation every time me like.:cool:
He's a shifty beast! I hope we're able to stash him on the practice squad.

The Patriots only do joint practices with teams that Bill has close relationship with. If it's going to be done right there has to be a lot of cooperation between the 2 staffs as well as joint planning. The more familiar both teams are with each other the easier that goes. If both teams are on the same page, then they WILL get a lot out of these sessions.

The ONLY thing we can be sure of is that there will be a lot of comments and speculations that will carry great weight this week, that will end up being a VERY small footnote by Thanksgiving. ;)

It also gives the Titans a great look at players schooled in the Pats method who will be available after final cuts.

Frankly, if I was running another franchise, I would request playing New England just to see what Scar's coaching might produce after cuts.

If you spent 3 minutes to learn about the two individuals you are comparing, you wouldn't have written that. There is a reason Mike Vrabel (who met him as an established veteran meeting a rookie in 2009) hired McKenzie as his LB coach two years ago.

The only thing those two had in common was that they were football players drafted by the Patriots.

Just to shine some light into exactly how bad your uninformed snarky comparison of Tyrone McKenzie to Chad Jackson was:

Tyrone McKenzie - Wikipedia
"....Before the 2007 season, McKenzie transferred to the University of South Florida, receiving a hardship waiver from the NCAA allowing him to play immediately. McKenzie had transferred to be closer to his widowed mother who was injured in a car accident and lost her business; McKenzie worked the overnight shift at a Hampton Inn in order to support her.[1] "

Tyrone McKenzie - Courage Through Cancer
They both tore their ACL’s and couldn’t come back from it. Why so mad?

1efc380352eb24ba231828cf9d7c3407.png

Last edited:
Ryan, at least publically, has been understanding about it and I don't have any reason to believe there is any bad blood there. Butler has been publically understanding too but we know there is definitely tension there. The one that saddens me is Lewis, we know he's very bitter and it's a shame because he was so good here and kept his head down and did his job. Hopefully he'll get over it soon and realize it's nothing personal, just business.

Ryan is making like 11-12 million.

I'd be thankful

Lewis should be happy because of the money he received. Would never get that without playing with you know who.

If the 2015 team would have stayed healthy, it would have been the best team this decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes