Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do we FEEL... to be 6-0... after beating the Giants in FOXBORO??

• AWWWW

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • YEAAAH

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat the teams that we had to play. Easy schedule, sure, but we blew them all out except Buffalo. We did our job.

So, basically, I am happy, but not satisfied. A lot of things to work on, especially on O. 6-0 is 6-0.

Great about the defense (who wouldn't?) and punt blocking.

Frustrated about the offense.

Like any sane observer of that game and the last 4 weeks.

You mean the last 4 WINS?????

Games will only get tougher and the offense still seems off. Hopefully they start finding some type of rhythm.

Defense has been amazing. Looking forward to see what they do as the competition gets better. Pretty confident this is a championship defense considering the levels of domination.

offense going through the motions a little bit and that starts up front. Not having Gronk and Devlin hurts too. I don’t think this is a championship level offense today. But there’s plenty of time to get things situated

Be careful when you ask someone how they feel!

E39F2E95-0268-4959-8AAD-60CE5DC9132D.jpeg

I hate being 0-6. This is the worst team ever.

I feel like Matthew Slater should be the only person who can open a thread with this title.

At this rate, feels like 2015 when we started 10-0 and lost a ton of bodies along the way.

About 6-0,,,AwwwwYEAH!
But the fits n starts offense, the o-line and the ever rising body count have me a bit...

tenor.gif

A+ on substance

C- on style

....and I don't give a ****.

barely with juggling act ;)

Not gonna lie, a little part of me was happy for fantasy purposes when Tate caught that bomb. FFB can be a sick game in that regard rooting for an opposing player.

Defense is a juggernaut, ST is on point, offense is a major concern right now. Everyone but Thuney on the OL is banged up, our top two receivers are injured, and we were trying to work in two undrafted receivers as targets. They still put up 35 though and the Patriots don’t play a good defense for another few weeks and Wynn/Harry should be cleared to start practicing again soon.

Good.

Average offense and #1 defense wins Super Bowls.

Get Wynn, Harry and trade for a competent receiver and this offense should be okay.

A few thoughts thru 6 games;
1) Defense has given up a total of 27 points ( 4.5 points per game) 3 tds and 2 fg. That is not good, or even very good or elite but historic.. Can't continue but anything close is going make it much easier for an offense ..in flux...
2) Pick 6, fumbled punt and , strip sack are other 3 tds allowed by the team ( 21 points allowed)
3) defense has allowed 1 red zone touchdown this season. Other 2 touchdowns were long run versus Washington and 64 yard bomb last night that was likely affected by not having Chung in there over the top....
4) They have sometimes gone an entire year without scoring a return TD, this year they have 4 on blocked punts, pick 6 and fumble recovery....(thru 6 games!!)
5) Last night Brady passed at over 75% completion and for more than 300 yards without a passing TD. The last time he did that?? 2005 versus Pittsburgh, also in a victory.... The only other time he did that per profootballreference.com
6) Meyers was catching everything thrown his way. I was most impressed with a two yard gain on first down in the second half. His adjustments are promising...
7) Thought about the famous Borges quote the other day. "On a day when they could have drafted David Terrell"......Maybe the reason Terrell looked so good in college was the guy throwing him the ball...some guy named Brady????
8) Not looking past the Jets but I think they rushed Darnold back. I had mono in my 20s and it leaves you feeling crappy for months...
9) Can't wait to see what this defense does to Mayfield..... May be the first real test all season...

Yes the team has played and BEAT the dregs/dreck of the league but in the past they have made these type of QBs look like world beaters...... This year not so much..... So what if the defense carries the team, it worked 2001-04...

This offense absolutely needs an upgrade at TE, OL, and Receiver. Barring two of these things not happening, I don't see them winning a championship. If the defense ever has an off day we are in big trouble.

This offense absolutely needs an upgrade at TE, OL, and Receiver. Barring two of these things not happening, I don't see them winning a championship. If the defense ever has an off day we are in big trouble.

Championships have been won with far worse offenses.

and upgrades at WR and OT are on the way...

The record is great. I wish the running game were a little more consistent and the LT position is bleh. Need Wynn back. Further concerned about passing TDs in the red zone especially if Gordon May miss some time. Harry may help the situation. As the cold weather arrives it will be important to get the blocking schemes down so that the running game may flourish and play action works better.

I do like Meyers. Seems to possess good hands, smart route running and football IQ. He looks legit as does Gunnar if the Pats can get him in space. Looking forward to the Dallas and Chiefs matchups.

Lastly, it is impressive how with Rex out, Bolden steps in and the Pats don’t miss a beat. The system is truly designed for plug and play at that position.

The OL should get a boost when Wynn returns. We ll see about WR and Harry but they were missing Dorset and then Gordon went out. I actually think Izzo is OK but I get what you’re saying. Would be cool to trade for Vernon Davis maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back