PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

56th Overall Draft Pick: DUKE DAWSON (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t fathom why BB would pass on Josh Jackson CB at 41 and then trade up for Dawson later on? In my opinion, Jackson has number 1 CB potential

BBs track record of drafting defensive backs in round 2 is abysmal

Ty Wheatley
Jordan Richards
Tavon Wilson
Darius Butler
Cyrus Jones
Ras IR Dowling

Im hoping passing on Jackson for Dawson will be the right move for this team
Have you ever looked at the overall success rate for second round corners? It’s not good.

The guy had the best statistics in all of college football in man coverage. (At least that’s what I read here) and people are *****ing?
A corner who can cover receivers is a bad thing?

The guy had the best statistics in all of college football in man coverage. (At least that’s what I read here) and people are *****ing?

We’ve been burned in the past by promising Smaller DBs whom we drafted. The latest Cyrus Jones

People aren’t very trusting when it comes to bb drafting DBs and WRs

We’ve been burned in the past by promising Smaller DBs whom we drafted. The latest Cyrus Jones

I wonder why it’s hard to pick a good corner?
Maybe it’s like Gilmore when he got here, he looked awful to me. Later he got better after figuring the scheme out.

Have you looked at the success rate of all corners drafted in round 2? It ain’t pretty.

Everything I hear about the Duke is nothing but positive.
The fact he was the only cornerback we targeted and landed him I hope Duke proves people wrong.

Lol at someone disliking drafting a corner who covers well

Look, I know we've had some flops drafting cornerbacks before.

But this guy is the exact same size as Logan Ryan and last I remember, Logan Ryan was a big success with the Patriots.

Why don't we hope that he works out instead of blasting this pick before the rookie even gets into training camp?

Duke is taller than Mike Hughes and Alexander. People just love to complaint about nothing. CB over 5'10 is not undersized. Please pretend to know more than the staffs.
The average nfl corner is 5’11
Dawson is 5’10 5/8

3/8 of and inch shorter than average is completely meaningless.

The fact that he was among the best or the best statistically in man coverage however is very meaningful.

But this guy is the exact same size as Logan Ryan and last I remember, Logan Ryan was a big success with the Patriots...
And Logan Ryan was drafted AT THE END OF THE 3RD ROUND, exactly where the Duke should've been taken, with #105.

Billy Napoleon basically threw away #117 for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.

I'm excited about this pick. Fast, feisty, and 100% not another offensive tackle. Favorite pick of the draft.

Look, I know we've had some flops drafting cornerbacks before.

But this guy is the exact same size as Logan Ryan and last I remember, Logan Ryan was a big success with the Patriots.

Why don't we hope that he works out instead of blasting this pick before the rookie even gets into training camp?

Why do people around here become unclear on the concept of post-draft analysis the moment that analysis isn't 100% positive?

And Logan Ryan was drafted AT THE END OF THE 3RD ROUND, exactly where the Duke should've been taken, with #105.

Billy Napoleon basically threw away #117 for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.
Obviously, Atlanta was going to take him. Now return to your constant hatred of all things Belichick.

You have 3 groups of clueless fans that post on draft day.

1. They don't know college players. That's me and which is why you and other's info has been very helpful

2. They don't know the pro game or understand how a specific collegiate player fits an NFL team's scheme. I have no idea if Dawson is good or not but it makes total sense why they took him. It was a need.

3. They just like to *****.

Sounds about right...What were the other 2 groups?
huh.gif

Another undersized CB. Great job.

How can he be undersized at 5’10? Especially for a slot CB? We’re not talking Terrence Wheatley here or Tyronn Mattheau.

Duke may have been there at 63 but there’s no way he’s there at 105. If we had him rated higher than anyone else at the point mj Stewart and donte Jackson went I don’t mind the move up to get the guy you want. And once duke and Carlton Davis went there was a big dip in corners (the next one went pick 85)

Where a player with similar size was taken 6 drafts ago affects Dawson how exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes