PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers

Mr Jimmy has thrown 5 INTs in 5 games.

You go with the best QB and Russel Wilson smokes Jimbo.

TomB has thrown 1 INT in last 3 games. Does that make him horrible?

Garopollo isn't a total turnover machine but he isn't super careful with the ball....

The Rams are in full Super Bowl hangover meltdown. Goff looks like he regressed mightily, McVay seems to have been figured out (in part because he can't forcefeed plays to Goff at the line anymore), and the defense isn't anything special beyond Donald. Paying Gurley was their biggest mistake.

Here’s a look at the NFC based on point differential, which is usually a better predictor of strength than wins/losses:

Niners +83
Vikings +57
Cowboys +39
Panthers +33
Packers +26
Seahawks +19
Bears +18
Eagles +12
Saints +6 (no Brees)
Lions +2

TomB has thrown 1 INT in last 3 games. Does that make him horrible?

Jimmy will never be Brady or Wilson.

He is a Stafford or Rivers type QB good enough to hold the position.

I don’t know about all of that, unless you consider a 5-11 or 6-10 team “decent.” So far, they’ve beaten the worst team in the league (Cincy) and won in LA where they had the majority of the fans in a 27,000 seat stadium.

If they split their remaining games, which I think will be very hard to do, they’d still only finish at 7-9.

they’ve been playing better football. They are without there starting quarterback. They haven’t looked like a bad team since week 2 or 3

Jimmy will never be Brady or Wilson.

He is a Stafford or Rivers type QB good enough to hold the position.
Saying somebody "will never be Brady" is an obvious and unfair comparison, nobody will.

Jimmy can make every throw, he needs to build confidence as a starter but the skills are obvious. BB wanted to keep him for a reason and since he left the Patriots this is the best team he's had around him, one of the most talent rich rosters in the NFL.

Also Shanahan creates offense through scheme, using his personnel to the fullest and raising offensive play calling to an art. Charlie Weis and his father used to be fun to watch in the same way. These guys do more than just call plays, they give their players in the best chance to succeed using misdirection and scheme.

Now that Shanahan has the horses (talent), that is a dangerous team.

They have it all plus a QB and Great Offensive mind HC. They have a nice up and coming D too. I was really sorry to see Jimmy G go he would have been a Great Heir apparent here. :(

Jimmy had one primary role here: be a QB2 (with potential QB1 upside).

Unfortunately for him, he did his secondary role—push Brady to improve his game—so well that the QB1 upside part became moot.

That’s not necessarily true about going with the best QB. Football is the ultimate team game. Pete Carroll and RW have that team overachieving. I agree Russell over jimmy but that the 49ers have the better team in my opinion.
plus the 49ers best QB is Nick Mullens. they lost their load and paid someone else

The Rams are in full Super Bowl hangover meltdown. Goff looks like he regressed mightily, McVay seems to have been figured out (in part because he can't forcefeed plays to Goff at the line anymore), and the defense isn't anything special beyond Donald. Paying Gurley was their biggest mistake.
I've yet to see it work out after paying a RB big money. Just not worth it.

49ers are looking good so far but I need to see how they stack up against the Seahawks. So far they’ve passed their first test against the Rams.

Their D Line has been dominating every O line they’ve faced.

9ers Offense has Kittle but not much else at WR. They do have a nice stable of backs. Jimmy G’s arm strength is pretty pedestrian.

Saying somebody "will never be Brady" is an obvious and unfair comparison, nobody will.

Jimmy can make every throw, he needs to build confidence as a starter but the skills are obvious. BB wanted to keep him for a reason and since he left the Patriots this is the best team he's had around him, one of the most talent rich rosters in the NFL.

Also Shanahan creates offense through scheme, using his personnel to the fullest and raising offensive play calling to an art. Charlie Weis and his father used to be fun to watch in the same way. These guys do more than just call plays, they give their players in the best chance to succeed using misdirection and scheme.

Now that Shanahan has the horses (talent), that is a dangerous team.
I was not the person that made the Brady - Jimmy comparison.

Jimmy has come back down to earth after people thinking that he is the next elite QB.

You spelled Goff incorrectly.

An amazing team for sure but I see the Saints or Seahawks emerging from the NFC this season.

they’ve been playing better football. They are without there starting quarterback. They haven’t looked like a bad team since week 2 or 3
That’s when the lost Roethlisberger. I agree that they haven’t rolled over, but prior to yesterday’s upset they had lost 2/3 past games by fumbling at the end. I’ll be shocked if they end up .500.

Rivers is a Hall of Famer lmao

His numbers suggest that he'll get into the HOF. He is 8th all time in passing yards and 6th in touchdowns. He'll always be a big game choker though.

Niners look solid, but the Seahawks, while maybe less talented, are more battle tested to win games in the post season.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back