PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers vs Packers and 2nd best QB in the league on BSPN - Official Game Thread

Well if it's just your dad and his friends then they're spending too much money. In 2017 fantasy football was a 70 billion dollar market.

Just googled and I got $7B, not $70B, but your point still stands as valid.

The more I watch Rodgers play, the more I agree with Greg Cossell saying Rodgers make the game harder than it should be. He missed a wide open DeVonte Adams running down the sideline on a 3rd down late in the game because he’s always dancing in the pocket and looking for a way out.

A couple of thoughts here:

1. I think in general this is true of basically all scrambling quarterbacks. They do often miss plays, appear to be flashy and talented, but ultimately produce less. Their stats don’t correspond to the team’s success. Two examples are Rodgers and Wilson. Rodgers has by far the all-time highest quarterback rating and good weapons on offense, yet they rarely lead the league in scoring. Brady’s teams score more points despite a lower passer rating. It’s even more extreme with Wilson, who has the second best QB rating of all-tine despite having a below average offense every year. How is that possible when most QBs passer ratings correspond closely with the offensive production? A lot of plays that don’t count in the box score as much as they should.

2. All that said, I don’t get the really extreme hate for Rodgers. He is way more justified to be in the GOAT conversation than elder Manning. Rodgers can consistently carry a team with lesser skill players (Manning always had multiple stars at receiver), turns the ball over way, way less even adjusting for eras, and really has lost some playoff games despite playing very well (Manning’s kisses were almost always because the offense was completely shut down while the defense often did way better than they were given credit for.). All in all, Rodgers is a great quarterback, definitely one of the best of all-time, even if he is a little overrated because of his style and making it more difficult than it should be.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back