PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers Patrick Willis expected to retire

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just heard it on 98.5

Just heard on the radio. Florio teased it earlier today.

Wow, is he even 30?

And why not ? He made enough money to last several lifetimes. If his heart is not fully in it anymore then go on and enjoy the rest of your life without the inherent dangers of this sport.

Very shocking!!!! The guy is still very good.

Wow. That's a surprise. Just turned 30 and played in NFL for 8 seasons and missed 10 games last year. Hope he enjoys the rest of his life. I liked watching him play both at Mississippi and in SF.

I'm sure his brain will be greatly relieved. There's just no way to play MLB without doing permanent brain damage. The longer you play, the greater the damage. Quitting now may mean that it is inconsequential to him going forward.

Wow damn. Had HOF potential if he hung around. Wish him all the best.

Willis was a phenomenal player, but his body has taken a beating and his play fell off considerably. Very smart of him to stop now while he still has his health and a great future ahead of him.

Justin Smith is retiring too. Harbaugh got out at the right time. I think the 49ers are going to have to start to rebuild.

Sign the beast.

The 49ers look to be going from minutes away from potentially winning a Super Bowl to fighting for the #1 overall draft pick in three years time. They are likely going to be horrible next season.

Justin Smith is retiring too. Harbaugh got out at the right time. I think the 49ers are going to have to start to rebuild.
Smith had a solid career then. Missed 3 games in 14 years.

The 49ers look to be going from minutes away from potentially winning a Super Bowl to fighting for the #1 overall draft pick in three years time. They are likely going to be horrible next season.
True, but man they got robbed in that SB, worse NON call I've ever seen. The Ravens DB was all over the 49er receiver. Terrible NON call.

A lot of people where calling the 49ers brain trust amazing and worthy of awards for how they build a great core of a "dynasty" and continued to have an excess of draft picks.

Something to consider in the future when talking about sustained success and how seemingly little decisions can snowball into a ****ing avalanche that takes down your entire house.

Kudos to you if you catch an unexpectedly amazing draft class (like the Seahawks a few years back) but doing that again to have long term success thats another beast entirely.

So..

No Harbaugh
No Gore
No Willis
No Justin Smith
No Crabtree
No Iupati

and Kapernick is on the trading block?

Its been a great off season for the 49ers.
Would love to sign Iupati and Crabtree. I think that would be perfect fits for the Pats. Don't have the cap space though.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back