PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers' 2007 draft class

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing to draft well, it's another to hold on to that many players from one draft. Very impressive they are all still kicking around.

i love bowman on the 9ers

Discussion of the two super bowl losses start and end with this draft class. As others have pointed out, the other classes (including trades) have been well above average in the league.

2006 Draft Picks

1 21(21) Laurence Maroney
2 4(36) Chad Jackson
3 22(86) David Thomas
4 9(106) Garret Mills TE
4 21(118) Stephen Gostkowsk
5 3(136) Ryan O'Callaghan
6 22(191) Jeremy Mincey
6 36(205) Dan Stevenson
6 37(206) Le Kevin Smith
7 21(229) Willie Andrews

Discussion of the two super bowl losses start and end with this draft class. As others have pointed out, the other classes (including trades) have been well above average in the league.

2006 Draft Picks

1 21(21) Laurence Maroney
2 4(36) Chad Jackson
3 22(86) David Thomas
4 9(106) Garret Mills TE
4 21(118) Stephen Gostkowsk
5 3(136) Ryan O'Callaghan
6 22(191) Jeremy Mincey
6 36(205) Dan Stevenson
6 37(206) Le Kevin Smith
7 21(229) Willie Andrews

Without a doubt the 2006 draft was not a good one for the Pats. I think it looks a bit worse in part because they had so many late picks. For what it's worth, league-wide there were a lot of players from that draft that were not all that great either, especially once you get beyond the second round.

2006 NFL Draft Listing - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Without a doubt the 2006 draft was not a good one for the Pats. I think it looks a bit worse in part because they had so many late picks. For what it's worth, league-wide there were a lot of players from that draft that were not all that great either, especially once you get beyond the second round.

2006 NFL Draft Listing - Pro-Football-Reference.com

yea well i'm not going to sit here and be like "they should have taken MJD 1, Jennings 2 and Pollard 3 and BMarshall 4"....kind of deal. Its more like "if any of these scrubs that they drafted could have played against the Colts, Giants or Giants just to the point where Eric Alexander would not have been Peas' best option to cover Dallas Clark and Hobbs on Plexico, then they could have won the one possession games they lost in those years.

4/5 of those players were off the board when the Pats had their second pick

Well, Staley was taken with the Pats' pick.

On the other hand, what they got in return for the pick was pretty good too. :)

i know our draft..was just saying the 49ers had a great one as well

Teams SHOULD have good drafts when they're picking the top half every round, and even trade up to get an extra 1st rounder.

Patrick Willis Joe Staley Ray McDonald Dashon Goldson Tarell Brown..all 5 are SB starters

Dam good draft

San Francisco 49ers had incredible 2007 draft class - NFL.com

Without going into the gory details of the Pats' lousy drafting record from 2006-09,
all I will say is that when their 4th-round pick arrived, I was hoping that one of the
possibilites included Brown - Tarell, not Kareem. Tarell Brown was probably the best
CB available, and one of the best players available regardless of position; whereas
Kareem Brown was worthy of merely one of our 7th-round flyers, if that.

Patrick Willis Joe Staley Ray McDonald Dashon Goldson Tarell Brown..all 5 are SB starters

Dam good draft

San Francisco 49ers had incredible 2007 draft class - NFL.com

nice little read; but....
my immediate question (that no one seems to be posting) was; exactly who is this Scot McCloughan guy AND WHERE IS HE NOW?

The Seahawks' Silent Partner, Scot McCloughan - Field Gulls

Seems like he had A LOT to do with another resurgent NFC team that gave Pats a hard time this year.

"It's huge for us because Scot is one of the most respected personnel people in the league. He played a critical role in helping the Seahawks become a Super Bowl team (in 2005) and did a great job in rebuilding the 49ers over the last few years."

Though his actual reach is impossible to guess, McCloughan's fingerprints of influence and philosophy are visible on this roster, and essentially match up with Schneider's. The Seahawks have gotten bigger and nastier in the two seasons since McCloughan has joined the front office and this doctrine is something you hear from Schneider constantly. The result has been bigger cornerbacks, bigger offensive linemen, bigger receivers, bigger defensive linemen, and a bigger safety.

Without going into the gory details of the Pats' lousy drafting record from 2006-09,
all I will say is that when their 4th-round pick arrived, I was hoping that one of the
possibilites included Brown - Tarell, not Kareem. Tarell Brown was probably the best
CB available, and one of the best players available regardless of position; whereas
Kareem Brown was worthy of merely one of our 7th-round flyers, if that.

Shock horror, Captain Stoner telling us his drafting strategy years after the event.

Who do you want to Draft this year? Or do we have to wait 5 years and for you to see who's played in the most Pro Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back