PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Patriots Make the Pro Bowl (congrats JC, Judon, Slater)

Meyers was not a FA and was not signed this offseason for big bucks...just sayin :whistle:

Agholor and Smith were the big L when it comes to grade money and value, BUT I am not sure it is only on the players, I sense that there is someone who actually might do a better job to find a fit for the players and call the right plays for them to use the players to their strength, so I am not mad at BB, but more on the RZ-issue McD
I actually think this has been one of McDs finest seasons, maybe his best all things considered with a rookie QB. I think with the skill guys, Bill simply whiffed on Smith and Agholor. They were not the players he thought especially Smith who cannot run a route and has butter fingers. Agahlor I believe was brought to stretch the D but he lacks getting separation and has alligator arms which we all knew when the Pats signed him. Bill does have blind spots when it comes to offensive skill guys and it has been very apparent again this year.

Adam made the NFL 100 team. He's going to the HOF.
He wasn’t ****ing “elite” on Saturday night, that’s for dam sure.

The ONLY thing elite about Shack is his paycheck.

In his defense he was comparing his Saturday performance to Wynn. When you're going up against a guy who creates a new move called the tackle-block it's tough sledding.

Um, I just did. I contrasted their salaries with their production. Cannot get much more relevant than that.
take the shot first... let it hang...

tiresome game from you.

Probably deja vu with Asante on a tag then leave next year, and then painful years of crappy non-press pass defense, after JC leaves and McCourty retires.
Asante never wanted to stay with the Pats. He said recently that he wanted to leave after the 2006 season and was furious with Bill that he used the tag on him. Samuel negotiated with Bill that he could not use the tag on him after the 2007 season.

take the shot first... let it hang...

tiresome game from you.
Good heavens man. If that's how you feel then why respond at all?

Asante never wanted to stay with the Pats. He said recently that he wanted to leave after the 2006 season and was furious with Bill that he used the tag on him. Samuel negotiated with Bill that he could not use the tag on him after the 2007 season.

Sure. Not surprised. especially if the Pats didn't try to keep him, he was playing great, I could see him getting resentful. This could play out again with JC Jackson. Right now he's happy, watch him see the Pats string him along or franchise him, and see them muck up this one again just like with Gilmore.

Why try to turn a positive thread into another **** show?
Making a comment on a pro bowl thread that none of our skilled players were nominated given how much money Bill spent on them is not turning the thread into a crap show except in your own little head. In case you haven't noticed no one else took exception to the comment but you.

Last edited:
I actually think this has been one of McDs finest seasons, maybe his best all things considered with a rookie QB. I think with the skill guys, Bill simply whiffed on Smith and Agholor. They were not the players he thought especially Smith who cannot run a route and has butter fingers. Agahlor I believe was brought to stretch the D but he lacks getting separation and has alligator arms which we all knew when the Pats signed him. Bill does have blind spots when it comes to offensive skill guys and it has been very apparent again this year.

Jekyll and Hyde. Was very pleased with the 7 game winning streak. On the other hand, starting out 2-4 and overall going 2-5 playing crappy spread shotgun (you can tell when 4 or 3 WRS all get more snaps than Jonnu) override the offense and make it crappy. We have personnel ideally suited to one style of play (big-personnel, power running) while we have a play caller addicted to a totally different style (spread shotgun) and can't help himself unless they keep losing and it's desperation time.

But I'm absolutely one of the biggest advocates in the belief that McD has earned a chance to coach another team.

Sure. Not surprised. especially if the Pats didn't try to keep him, he was playing great, I could see him getting resentful. This could play out again with JC Jackson. Right now he's happy, watch him see the Pats string him along or franchise him, and see them muck up this one again just like with Gilmore.
Asante wanted out because his gripe with Bill was that he was being "held back" to justify offering him less money when his contract was up. Asante pointed out a game in 2006 against the Bears that he was benched for no reason and Troy Brown played CB. Keep in mind this was during his best season as a pro.

Asante wanted out because his gripe with Bill was that he was being "held back" to justify offering him less money when his contract was up. Asante pointed out a game in 2006 against the Bears that he was benched for no reason and Troy Brown played CB.

Maybe. I mean, Onwenu is our best OLineman but they keep him as a swiss army knife on the bench for dumb reasons like, Wynn is locked in for 11M and it looks bad to move Trent apparently. (not that I'm advocating him to play LG, I think he should play RT and Trent moves to LT).

Jekyll and Hyde. Was very pleased with the 7 game winning streak. On the other hand, starting out 2-4 and overall going 2-5 playing crappy spread shotgun (you can tell when 4 or 3 WRS all get more snaps than Jonnu) override the offense and make it crappy. We have personnel ideally suited to one style of play (big-personnel, power running) while we have a play caller addicted to a totally different style (spread shotgun) and can't help himself unless they keep losing and it's desperation time.

But I'm absolutely one of the biggest advocates in the belief that McD has earned a chance to coach another team.
I think he's finally going to get his chance this offseason. Especially if Mac wins rookie of the Year.

Maybe. I mean, Onwenu is our best OLineman but they keep him as a swiss army knife on the bench for dumb reasons like, Wynn is locked in for 11M and it looks bad to move Trent apparently. (not that I'm advocating him to play LG, I think he should play RT and Trent moves to LT).
I agree that's really bizarre Owenu doesn't play much.

Making a comment on a pro bowl thread that none of our skilled players were nominated given how much money Bill spent on them is not turning the thread into a crap show except in your own little head. In case you haven't noticed no one else took exception to the comment but you.
Certainly reframes the thread. Just another example of your persistent anti BB rhetoric.

And I don't give a crap if I am the only one to say something about it.

I am absolutely pulling for him.
The real question remains whether McDaniels will make a decision on taking a HC job. He seems extremely picky or for some reason he's in the "running" and then the teams go with someone else.

The real question remains whether McDaniels will make a decision on taking a HC job. He seems extremely picky or for some reason he's in the "running" and then the teams go with someone else.
He was really only picky with the colts and for good reason given the luck injury. He really wanted the Green Bay job and I think he wanted the Cleveland job too but he just wasn't a match for the GM. I think there's a realistic shot he ends up in Jacksonville.

He was really only picky with the colts and for good reason given the luck injury. He really wanted the Green Bay job and I think he wanted the Cleveland job too but he just wasn't a match for the GM. I think there's a realistic shot he ends up in Jacksonville.
But why Jax? That's worse than the Colts or even Cleveland. If Jax wanted him, I'd imagine he'd tell Khan Balke has to go.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back