Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay, ejumicate me.

I read over an over on the Jets gameday thread how we SUCK at second-half adjustments... using as a case in point a game (the JEST) where we dominated the first half.

I can see one important adjustment, which wasn't that successful: make sure the punter has time to get the punt away.

Otherwise exactly what would we need to "adjust" after the Jets' first half against us?

Isn't it more on-point to say the JEST did make good second-half adjustments? Same is the case with the Colts last week, in combination with a number of ancillary meltdowns.

But how does one "adjust" from slaughtering a team, exactly? What is the point?

I'm all ears :)

No adjustments needed per say in that game, except that third down draw to Faulk in the second half on third down rarely ever seems to work (unless someone could provide stats to prove otherwise).

-Jamman

Last edited:
I think that we've become way too unbalanced and predicatable in second halfs........ Defences that are behind start teeing off as we PASS on every down. O-line's pass protection starts to breakdown and we move NOWHERE.

Today though, after startin that trend in the 3rd. Once we intercepted and went with a little more balance with some hard running, we took back over the game from the Jets (who had started to get a little momentum going).

Nice to see us turn it around, but it was a little concerning at first.

As for the D, we backed off the rush and that allowed Sanchez more time to complete passes. Fortunatly, a few to Patriots. :cool:

Last edited:
Okay, ejumicate me.

I read over an over on the Jets gameday thread how we SUCK at second-half adjustments... using as a case in point a game (the JEST) where we dominated the first half.

I can see one important adjustment, which wasn't that successful: make sure the punter has time to get the punt away.

Otherwise exactly what would we need to "adjust" after the Jets' first half against us?

Isn't it more on-point to say the JEST did make good second-half adjustments? Same is the case with the Colts last week, in combination with a number of ancillary meltdowns.

But how does one "adjust" from slaughtering a team, exactly? What is the point?

I'm all ears :)

actually, i saw some differences between first and second halfs...

BB needs to stop outsmarting himself here...if u dominate the 1st half, DONT make 2nd half adjustments....

BB thinks the opposing coach will figure out how to stop him....i dare say that would not be the case...alas we change in the 2nd half

We don't seem to show anything new in the 2nd half. It should be expected that the good teams will adjust and things will get more difficult, but we don't seem to show anything new, especially on offense.

I know it's got to be killing them not having Taylor, Morris, & LoMo all healthy. With 2 of the 3 out, we can't afford to pound Maroney endlessly. If and when the 3 amigos are all back, I'd expect we can explore more options in the running game.

On the defensive side, the secondary is making great strides, especially since the d-line is shorthanded and isn't generating a consistent pass rush. They're having to hold coverage longer than say Pittsburgh or Indy.

I think we're just better when we're going for it ... seems like we sputter a bit when we try to control the clock. Everything is called inside to keep the clock moving it seems.

Would be nice to see the plays called in the 1st half vs the calls in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes