PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I'm still in awe about the utter terribleness of that INT. Gesicki was wide open, Mac just needed to loft it to the back of the end zone. Instead, he decided to suck his scrotum inside of his pelvis and short the pass by a full 10 yards.

Can't go back to Mac after that INT and benching (can they?). Zappe blows. Let Grier get first team reps for two weeks and give him the start.

What a **** show.
View attachment 54515
Blasphemy!!

What the heck does Bill have to do with that terrible pick? Mac Jones blew it, not the coaches.

On that particular play, yes. There were others, however...

The offseason was an utter disaster with losing an ota. It looks like Mac worked with no wr in the offseason. The oline is worst than last yr when it was already a disaster. The draft was lousy too. I'll give them props on Gonzalez when they could've blown it but defense in the 2nd and 3rd? They didn't even bring in additional QB competition. Mac should've played every preseason game. Complete disaster this season
He couldn't because the OL was decimated by injuries during the preseason. The first preseason game the starting OL was McDermott—Mafi—Ferentz—Russey—Sow.

Gesicki was WIDE THE FÛCK OPEN. Zappe at least threw it away when he was about to be sacked. Start Zappe next with full 1st tram snaps and a gameplan tailored to him (as a 2-0 starter he deserves it). If he sucks, Grier starts. If he sucks, Cunny starts. If he sucks, just wildcat it the rest of the way to a top 3 pick. I don't give a fooot. Just NO MORE MAC PLLLLEEEEEAAASE!!!

Even The McPherson year? I remember it was really bad (1-15) but I can't remember how that offense looked.
181 points over 16 games 1990 season
11.3125 ppg
So yes pretty bad. Worse than I remember

Last edited:
What a game!

At this point the Patriots should prep Will Grier the next two weeks to start coming out of the bye!

Can’t really start Mac again after today.
I totally agree on getting Grier ready to start in two weeks! Zappe is worse than Jones. Don't forget the Pats cut him and not one of the other 31 teams put in a claim for him. Getting Grier ready and starting him is the best option going forward. What have we got to lose?

Defense played great. Punter Bear had a 63yd avg. What a shame.

Did you watch the f-ing play? One of the worst picks ever. The receiver was 3 yards behind the defender and he had to dive back toward the qb to pick it.
Then he went tintype sidelines and cried. That guy should not be allowed in the field ever again.

Go make another thread about how we could win out and win the superbowl

I’m questioning the awful job the head coach is doing. Not excusing our bottom tier QB

I totally agree on getting Grier ready to start in two weeks! Zappe is worse than Jones. Don't forget the Pats cut him and not one of the other 31 teams put in a claim for him. Getting Grier ready and starting him is the best option going forward. What have we got to lose?
Yeah Grier at least would be something new. The excuses for Zappe are ridiculous. He doesn’t belong in the league. Never did. Never will. Full stop.

Go make another thread about how we could win out and win the superbowl

I’m questioning the awful job the head coach is doing. Not excusing our bottom tier QB
Go cry somewhere else.

i

One of these has a very punch-able face.

I think this team has become just as unlikeable as the Bobby Valentine Red Sox. Theres nobody you can get behind and cheer win or lose. Bunch of underachieving and in some cases overpaid stiffs and lousy attitudes.

So, on the play before the missed (I think it was good, but whatever) field goal, Mac goes back to pass - WR comes across the middle wide open, right in front of him. He inexplicably holds the ball, tucks the ball, and gets sacked (even if he had thrown it away, the FG would have ben good for sure).
Third and goal, Mac has Henry for 6, overthrows him and is nearly picked.

And of course, the last Gesicki throw...ouch.

Mac is done. He left at least 13 and as many as 18 points off the board today by his own hand.
Team's got a lot of work to do, but none of it's worth road apples in today's NFL if your QB can't make basic plays.

Now, allow me to disagree with the I-hate-Bill-crowd on a couple of points: this team is not in bad shape going forward, except for the most important position...which is the hardest to fix. They've got draft capital, money, and some good young players.

That said, if they don't plan to retain a few players this off-season, then the trade deadline quietness was an absolute blunder, in order:

Mike Onwenu
Kyle Dugger
Trent Brown
Hunter Henry/Mike Gesicki
Josh Uche
Anfernee Jennings

The first three would certainly have brought some solid draft picks - the league is starved for OTs and Dugger is highly regarded. Note: I don't want to lose 4 of these guys, but if they aren't keeping them, what's the point?

I predicted 6 wins this year, but looking at the schedule the rest of the way, I don't see four wins.

KC, Buffalo, Chargers, Denver (in Denver), and Pittsburgh all look like losses. The Jets aren't a gimme...and really, the Giants aren't, either, considering how out of sync the team is now.

Is Mac incapable of throwing at a RB's feet? What is up with this guy? He thinks he's Lamar back there?

So, on the play before the missed (I think it was good, but whatever) field goal, Mac goes back to pass - WR comes across the middle wide open, right in front of him. He inexplicably holds the ball, tucks the ball, and gets sacked (even if he had thrown it away, the FG would have ben good for sure).
Third and goal, Mac has Henry for 6, overthrows him and is nearly picked.

And of course, the last Gesicki throw...ouch.

Mac is done. He left at least 13 and as many as 18 points off the board today by his own hand.
Team's got a lot of work to do, but none of it's worth road apples in today's NFL if your QB can't make basic plays.

Now, allow me to disagree with the I-hate-Bill-crowd on a couple of points: this team is not in bad shape going forward, except for the most important position...which is the hardest to fix. They've got draft capital, money, and some good young players.

That said, if they don't plan to retain a few players this off-season, then the trade deadline quietness was an absolute blunder, in order:

Mike Onwenu
Kyle Dugger
Trent Brown
Hunter Henry/Mike Gesicki
Josh Uche
Anfernee Jennings

The first three would certainly have brought some solid draft picks - the league is starved for OTs and Dugger is highly regarded. Note: I don't want to lose 4 of these guys, but if they aren't keeping them, what's the point?

I predicted 6 wins this year, but looking at the schedule the rest of the way, I don't see four wins.

KC, Buffalo, Chargers, Denver (in Denver), and Pittsburgh all look like losses. The Jets aren't a gimme...and really, the Giants aren't, either, considering how out of sync the team is now.
The Colts haven't scored under 20 all year, and the Pats held them to 10. BB is at worst a good defensive coach. He should just relinquish everything about the offensive side of the ball.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back