PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Sorry, but Bill should be fired tomorrow, if not right now. We've had all these years post-brady for him to show us he still has it and he has failed every step of the way. I don't buy into the "he deserves to play out the year" stuff, if anything Kraft has a moral responsibility to demonstrate the Patriot way by removing the poorly-performing GM/coach and look for his replacement. Stick Mayo in the spot for the season and then find the long-term solution in the offseason.

Bill has been ruthless in replacing people when it's time for him to go. Why does he now deserve mercy himself now that it's his?

Defense played brilliantly, didn’t expect that type of performance without judon and gonzo. Run game looked good. These are things to build off of for next year

passing game and st was especially atrocious today vs just being ineffective. No excuses for not winning this one after what the former two did for us today. Concentrate 100% on offense next year and fire cam achord. That SHOULD be an easy start to righting the ship. Simply playing st like we used to on a competent staff would have added a couple wins to each season since 2021
They had no pass rush but managed to keep the Colts out of the end zone for the most part. The Pats limited the Colts by long drives with a lot of runs. But, overall, the D played okay...not great. But okay.

Can't believe we just went through that entire emotional roller-coaster and it's not even 1:30pm ... my entire clock is thrown off today, LOL
dsl de ja vu

Reactions: Ian
Sorry, but Bill should be fired tomorrow, if not right now. We've had all these years post-brady for him to show us he still has it and he has failed every step of the way. I don't buy into the "he deserves to play out the year" stuff, if anything Kraft has a moral responsibility to demonstrate the Patriot way by removing the poorly-performing GM/coach and look for his replacement. Stick Mayo in the spot for the season and then find the long-term solution in the offseason.

Bill has been ruthless in replacing people when it's time for him to go. Why does he now deserve mercy himself now that it's his?
6 Super Bowl titles. If that doesn't earn you the right to retired after a disastrous season, nothing does.

I'm also really starting to wonder if we would have had another superbowl if Bill O'Brien wasn't the OC w/ Brady. IMO this is the worst they've ever been offensively- at least relative to the rest of the league.

Play Zappe for the rest of the year and if we sucks we can move on from him, too. Right now the jury is still out on Zappe imo.

I never see QB's that end up being good needing that learning experience. Your bias is showing. Just accept that the QB of the future isn't on the team right now
Bias towards what? I'm no Zappe super fan, I'm just over Mac and trying to give Zappe the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't really given me a reason to go fully out on him yet. I don't disagree with you that the 2024 Patriots starting QB is likely not rostered currently.

I’m good with that as long as Mccarthy is in the second, others 3rd or later
I’m seeing mocks with McCarthy going Top 5 one where he went 3.
Then I saw one where we trade 2 first and 2 seconds to move up to 1 for Willams.

Bias towards what? I'm no Zappe super fan, I'm just over Mac and trying to give Zappe the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't really given me a reason to go fully out on him yet. I don't disagree with you that the 2024 Patriots starting QB is likely not rostered currently.
31 teams had the chance to give him the benefit of the doubt for nothing and not one did.

IMHO, Mac was benched by BB as punishment for missing a wide open Gesecki in the end zone for the potential winning score. Would not surprise me if Mac doesn't see the field for the rest of the season. Next game might be Zappe as starter, Grier as #2 and Mac as emergency (BB might switch Grier for #1).

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back