PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
If you're not deliberately losing at this point then you are committing malpractice.

There's no reason to win anymore. This team would be in great shape with the top pick and all the cap they got next season.

Assuming they do the right thing and send Bill off
If they start to deliberately lose games I'm not going to watch. They owe it to fans to try to win each game. Tickets aint cheap and I'm paying for NFL+ to watch the game replays as I work most sundays. I'll watch as long as they dont give up even if they lose every game. Even as losers it is fun to root for and see upsets like they did to the Bills.

Same page brother.

- C. Williams, Maye, JJ McCarthy, Harrison Jr.
- If we go QB in the first, go after Pittman or Higgins.
- Rounds 2-4: Draft all tackles.

Would love Harrison Jr. but think we need to go QB if possible. As long as we don't go T with a top 5 pick I'm happy, though I could definitely see that. With how trade we'll end up by trading the 4th overall for the 15th and a 6th round pick.
I’d go Marvin Harrison JR and come back in the end of the first or beginning of the second for Ewers.
I could also see Kraft being aggressive and going for Mcvay or Shanny with a first or second.
I think more important than the right top player is getting the right coach.

If it’s not one of them has to be Rob Smith or Ben Johnson.

If they start to deliberately lose games I'm not going to watch. They owe it to fans to try to win each game. Tickets aint cheap and I'm paying for NFL+ to watch the game replays as I work most sundays. I'll watch as long as they dont give up even if they lose every game. Even as losers it is fun to root for and see upsets like they did to the Bills.

They owe it to us right be competitive.

Which they haven't been doing for years.

The only way forward is to bottom out.

Today is the day I come to this conclusion ... Mac is done as a patriot. He can play as part of tank activities or to play as backup while the rookie gets ready for action but he is not part of our future.

At this point I am thinking Kirk cousins
Kirk Cousins hasn't won **** in his life, he's going to be 36, is coming off the first signficant injury of his career, and this would be the least talented team he's ever been part of.

Why are we even wasting our time talking about getting a vet for anything but a backup? This is a team in need of a full scale rebuild. Not a team looking for that one special QB to help us get to the promised land. Kirk will be close to 40 before this team is ready for a real competitive run. Get a rookie who you can evaluate and build with the squad as you rebuild and if he doesn't work, you can jettison and try again before you are wasting a hopefully rebuilt team on something that isn't working

I think they'll try, to a degree, but, given their failings, I don't think it will matter.

As much as Bill needs to go it shouldn’t be in season. Don’t do that to him, he’s earned the right to play out the season.
********. He did it to himself with arrogant decisions for 4 years.

He damn well wouldn’t keep a player because they “earned the right” with previous season play.

Yeah, I disagree with Chatham on this, a player can absolutely be broken by bad coaching. It’s not a reach to think Matty P and company tried to adjust Mac’s game style and mechanics to fit into whatever WC style offense they tried to implement.

That said, Mac’s issues this season are on him but there’s a definite connection between how he was not developed last year to his sucking so much this year.
They also basically wiped two of his three favorite weapons from his rookie season (Henry and Bourne) out of the game plan.

There was no good reason for a QB change. Unless Bill was looking to troll Mac and show everyone he has 0 confidence in him.

It’s time to end this. Rip off the bandaid from the dynasty years completely and start fresh. Thanks Bill, but we’re moving on
Did you watch the f-ing play? One of the worst picks ever. The receiver was 3 yards behind the defender and he had to dive back toward the qb to pick it.
Then he went tintype sidelines and cried. That guy should not be allowed in the field ever again.

I’d go Marvin Harrison JR and come back in the end of the first or beginning of the second for Ewers.
I could also see Kraft being aggressive and going for Mcvay or Shanny with a first or second.
I think more important than the right top player is getting the right coach.

If it’s not one of them has to be Rob Smith or Ben Johnson.
I don’t think Ewers is special.

I’d prefer Beck or the LSU kid if we go that route.

People overrate coaching in the modern era coaching doesn't matter if you have bottom 5 quarterback play you're going to suck and that's just all there is to it and bad coaching only matters in the post season if you have a top 10 guy, you're going to get a decent record no matter who the coach is.

Classic case 2012-14 Colts drafted Andrew Luck, 33-15 in 3 years with Chuck Pagano one of the biggest dopes in the league and Ryan Grigson who makes Bill look like an all time great GM.

Suckbag roster, suckbag coach, suckbag GM, crackhead owner 33-15. They didnt get beyond the AFCCG cause their operation sucked but they still won big despite serious disfunction, if you get the quarterback you're going to have a 10-11 win product.

As much as Bill needs to go it shouldn’t be in season. Don’t do that to him, he’s earned the right to play out the season.
Yeah screw that. It's sports. He's failed the last 5 years and he's uncerimonously jettisoned plenty of players who earned more respect and a more graceful exit.

The only thing that should matter is trying to set the team up for the future. The sooner we start cutting the dead weight and get in position to make decisions to hopefully right the ship, the better.

If we didn't give Brady the graceful victory lap retirement, Bill sure as hell doesn't deserve one. And if fans want to waste time being sentimental over Bill, then they deserve to watch other teams get good HC candidates before us and deal with more losing seasons. It's sports. The results are all that matter and Bill should have conditioned this fanbase for that.

Thank you Patriots for losing. Plz keep on doing so. We need to keep doing so as we need to get a good/great QB in the draft and we can move on from BB as he is so out dated running a team in 2023.

As BB would say, "The last 25 years".

6 Super Bowl titles earned him the right to not suffer the embarrassment of getting fired mid season.
I used to think that. But not after this season... continuing on and on.
BB keeps making insane decisions - like the no-PR play. Not only staffing decisions, not only dozens of bad personnel decisions, not only continuous bad situational game decisions, not only this year but for 4 straight years, not only that - but defending them all in absolute hubris.
It's not like it's a blip on his current resume, it is now the proven trend. He's had 3 years of resting on past laurels, now it's over.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back