PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Performance was about what I expected.
Patriots can't do anything in the red zone
Mac is just a terrible QB
Juju is a liability out there.

BB has lost it. I can't wait to hear his explanation of why he had nobody back to return the Colts punt when they had them pinned deep. Although I'm sure it will be something like "mumble mumble, we felt the percentages of getting the block were higher than getting better field position with a return...mumble mumble..."

Also the time for Zappe was the start of quarter 3, not in the last 2 minutes with the game on the line and thrown in cold.

Mike Reis: "Bill, on the all out punt rush, is that the way you wanted to play that?"

BB "Well not exactly, but ya, he hit a good ball."

Mike Reis: "You definitely didnt want a returner back?"

BB "well there were a couple different options on the play, but you know, punter hit a good ball, it got a good roll on it.. so"

thats about as good as i could transcribe his response

I'm not Pro Mac Jones exactly, but you don't change QBs with 2 minutes left. Bad decision making to throw into triple coverage, even if he was trying to highlight the DPI. Put it to the outside WR to where it's only catchable or out of bounds and stop the clock to live another day. All that said, start Zappe or Grier next week.

Run game and defense were great. The OL is coming together, even without Brown at LT.
That was BB saying, "dont look at me, yall know who to blame"

There's really no point in waiting to fire BB. This team is absolutely done. The players will not care about BB's mantra's anymore.
We will literally go 2-15 this year if all stays the same. So, I think BB needs to step down now.
Let BOB or Mayo or whomever take over interim. And sadly, Mac is toasted. It's too late to correct his mental abyss.
So, I'm all for new start with Grier and Malik taking it from here out. Make the tank fun

I'm pretty sure that if Mac Jones had any potential to start with it was completely ruined in years 2 and 3 of his career. And that's on Bill.

It's a shame. I wanted him to succeed when he first arrived but it's pretty clear that will never happen for him in New England.

Pulled out of the game and replaced with 2 minutes to go after throwing a devastating pick?! KID has got to be mentally DESTROYED and HUMILIATED by that late hook. It would have been kinder to give him the hook at half time if that was your intention all along. I really believe the decision to pull him was made too late. That only served to increase his mental and emotional damage.

Mac Jones should not play another down in a Patriots uniform
Today is the day I come to this conclusion ... Mac is done as a patriot. He can play as part of tank activities or to play as backup while the rookie gets ready for action but he is not part of our future.

At this point I am thinking Kirk cousins

I'll be so mad if Kraft's go through the bye week without some big move.
It all needs to get blown up Jan 8, so why not start now??

Today is the day I come to this conclusion ... Mac is done as a patriot. He can play as part of tank activities or to play as backup while the rookie gets ready for action but he is not part of our future.

At this point I am thinking Kirk cousins
Kirk Cousins in a leg cast is, indeed, better than Mac Jones.

Today I witnessed one man turn a 35-3 win into a 10-6 loss. It doesn't seem like it should be possible but it happened anyway.

Belichick sounding totally deflated at his presser.

I didn’t think it was possible to be a decent player 99% of the time but make the worst mistake or decision at the most devastating moment. Then I met Mac Jones.
He's a poor man's PEDton Manning.

Feels more and more like we are going to trade down from the top of the draft for extra picks including OT. I won’t be upset about that,
That would be horrendous. Time to build like the rest of the NFL. Take best QB or a stud left tackle/edge.

I'll be so mad if Kraft's go through the bye week without some big move.
It all needs to get blown up Jan 8, so why not start now??
As BB would say, "The last 25 years".

6 Super Bowl titles earned him the right to not suffer the embarrassment of getting fired mid season.

It was the worst of times.
It was the best of times.

Zappe winning would have knocked Corky out of the starters job. NO
and the next part of the ****ens quotation...."it was the age of wisdom"

we are going to need some wisdom over the next few weeks/months/years

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back