PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's going to continue to be layoffs for people covering the Pats. Without Tom and Bill, as well as the team sucking for a while, there's not going to be enough add revenue to cover all the reporters.

I think there's going to continue to be layoffs for people covering the Pats. Without Tom and Bill, as well as the team sucking for a while, there's not going to be enough add revenue to cover all the reporters.
I was referring to Audacy filing for bankruptcy and Soros buying up their debt, and turning these stations into....oh nevermind, we'll just see, but OK your point maybe accurate.

Is this draft thing only on cable TV? BSPN only? How do us cable cutters watch?

The hot new rumor is JC Latham to the Chargers, even if they pick at 5. Daniel Jeremiah mocked him there, and he’s now the betting favorite.

On the other hand, that should make them an obvious trade down candidate unless they’re worried that other team want him that badly too (even over Alt).
some teams need RT's, some need LT's. some could use either

The Pat McAfee Show feed should be freely available on YouTube, right? Given that he’s part of ESPN now, I hope they can show the actual picks being announced. That’s what’s missing from all the other livestream type draft shows.

The Pat McAfee Show feed should be freely available on YouTube, right? Given that he’s part of ESPN now, I hope they can show the actual picks being announced. That’s what’s missing from all the other livestream type draft shows.
My understanding is you won't see the actual picks on there. I will be sure to tune in just to see how Bill handles it. Even without the picks, I am thinking that's the best watch tonight.

I'm not sure about the value of trading up . Common wisdom is that in any draft there is about 15-20 players worthy of a 1st round pick. Then you drop down a level from 20 to 40.

Granted that these are rough estimates, but you get the idea. My point is that why give up a 2nd day pick to pick a player from the same quality group that you can get at 34.....

...EXCEPT if you have another player you really, REALLY want for some reason. My problem is, is there REALLY a WR, for example, who is THAT much better than the one who will be there at 34?

Maye or McCarthy and Odunze?
Would be nice but odunze is out of reach imo
I think a trade up into the range of 22-25 is possible with the second third and maybe a late rd pick
That’s about it what I would use to trade up for a Lt or OT in general
But I do love Mitchell due to his size and speed and catching
We don’t have this size on the perimeter

Would be nice but odunze is out of reach imo
I think a trade up into the range of 22-25 is possible with the second third and maybe a late rd pick
That’s about it what I would use to trade up for a Lt or OT in general
But I do love Mitchell due to his size and speed and catching
We don’t have this size on the perimeter
There should still be some good WR and OL at 34, no reason to give up picks.

I'm not sure about the value of trading up . Common wisdom is that in any draft there is about 15-20 players worthy of a 1st round pick. Then you drop down a level from 20 to 40.

Granted that these are rough estimates, but you get the idea. My point is that why give up a 2nd day pick to pick a player from the same quality group that you can get at 34.....

...EXCEPT if you have another player you really, REALLY want for some reason. My problem is, is there REALLY a WR, for example, who is THAT much better than the one who will be there at 34?
I don't think they would trade up for a WR considering there are a lot of talented WRs in the 2nd to 3rd range.

Trading up for OT makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore