PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 4: Patriots Lose to the Cowboys 38-3 - PostGame Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I am having a tough sports season. All my teams are struggling badly. This is personal now, it can't be random. Need to find a way to turn it. How have we been so wrong on offensive skill position players for so long? Juju is pissing me the hell off. What does Parker do? The Cole Strange selection is also looking like a disaster.
This season started like it was from hell and it feels like it now.

In my opinion, Jones should not have been starting from the get go. Zappe has always been the better quarterback. The problem is that we are now 1-3 with one foot in the grave so it's going to be that much more difficult to turn things around.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the season or Bill yet, but I'm close. He's just about out of chances and next week is a very big week for him. He loses next week, or even the next 2 weeks, this is going to get VERY ugly and I doubt he survives the year.

That can't be true. When Zappe looked terrible in the preseason playing with guys now working at Jiffy Lube, a bunch of yahoos stroked their little clit ****s here while saying it was proof that Mac was far superior.

I never believe anything said by a guy with a clit **** though. So it's Zappe time.

Even with Gonzo still down 3 of 4 top corners. Rolling out bums like Wade and Bryant they’re eventually gonna get exposed for who they are.
It’s easy to bash Bryant. But I don’t fault him. He is what he is.

While others miss, he shows up. I don’t ever think it’s an effort thing, because he seems to care and try.

He is what he is. An effort guy with limited given ability. I don’t hate Bryant. I do, however, strongly believe that a VG team would either have him as an emergency player, if he was able to make the squad.

I’m much more frustrated by players I feel have the natural ability and aren’t producing. Don’t get me wrong : the lack of natural ability - overall - is a major issue for NE.

BB is right about the biggest jump for the players is year 1 to year 2.
Good QB fixes a lot of problem. Patriots don’t have one.
BB’s probably has lot of regret’s not extending Brady’s career with the Patriots.

BB just had the worst loss of his coaching career. Including the Browns.

Win # 300 could be some time.

Mac Gump is slowly ripping down everything that Brady built up. The Pat's are on the brink of laughingstockville.

And I stand by what I've said earlier... I STILL DON'T KNOW what Mac is as a QB. I haven't seen ANY evidence that he has been given any tools for success. Coaching? Hardly. Blocking? Pfft. Receivers? HAH!
Stay strong!

In my opinion, Jones should not have been starting from the get go. Zappe has always been the better quarterback. The problem is that we are now 1-3 with one foot in the grave so it's going to be that much more difficult to turn things around.\
Zappe absolutely is not the better QB, never was and never will be.

But I think the Patriots do need to do something and maybe a change is that something. Today was unacceptable. Get Grier on the roster and maybe Mac will feel his seat warm up a bit.

Bill is done...he will never give up full control. He'll resign before that. Kraft has a huge decision to make. No way they draft another QB so Bill can ruin him.
Yeah, just like he ruined that one guy ... what was his name? Tom-something?

What an asinine theory, that BB ruins QBs.

The much more likely and obvious answer is that Mac Jones is a bad quarterback. End of discussion.

Mac Gump is slowly ripping down everything that Brady built up. The Pat's are on the brink of laughingstockville.
They're already there.

I started watching this game thinking we had a real chance to get our season on track. Instead we got absolutely embarrassed.

When you're down to your 4th and 6th string CBs being your primary CBs, that will happen. To any team..

It doesn't explain O'Brien, MAC and the Offense s**tting the bed, but it definitely explains the defense.

Mac's Passes were late all game. That led to one of the Ints. The Pats not using Bourne opposite Parker is a mistake. It didn't make sense when the Pats were down 28-3 to be running the f'in ball. That's on O'Brien. And it didn't do the offense any favors.

One of the biggest issues I've seen this year is that Mac isn't hitting his receivers in stride. They're being forced to stop to make the catch or twist in a way that it forces them to slow down. So, at best, they make the catch and get stopped.

I honestly can't see this team winning another 4-6 games. They should be the Saints, but if not, I could see only one other game they win this year- against the Jets. That is it. Might be good and allow them to draft a QB.
There is enough to be legitimately negative about without going full ******. You clearly haven’t seen the Raiders or Pittsburg play. Pittsburgh’s offense makes the Patriots offense look like the greatest show on turf. They can’t beat Washington, the Giants or the Colts? What a dumb post.

next week... should win the next two ... saints and the raiders
Why so confident? Something is very wrong with this team. The injuries to the secondary is not going to help.
On the Zappe discussion, I have always felt he was not given a fair shake at training camp. It affected him. He was put out there with player who are not in the league to prove himself. Watching Mac play QB looks just painful.

It’s easy to bash Bryant. But I don’t fault him. He is what he is.

While others miss, he shows up. I don’t ever think it’s an effort thing, because he seems to care and try.

He is what he is. An effort guy with limited given ability. I don’t hate Bryant. I do, however, strongly believe that a VG team would either have him as an emergency player, if he was able to make the squad.

I’m much more frustrated by players I feel have the natural ability and aren’t producing. Don’t get me wrong : the lack of natural ability - overall - is a major issue for NE.

Bryant reminds me of the guys from our secondary during the 2008-2010 years...he's there. He tries. He's smart. But...well....

I did notice that the announcers started laughing at the Pats toward the end of the fourth quarter, talking about poor effort and low football IQ stuff...it's a weird feeling.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back