PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Pro Days

March 22 in Columbus is the big one. What is JNS’s 40 time?

Weakside middle linebacker posted freak numbers at Michigan State’s pro day.

Is Ben Van Sumeren a new ST ace like that rugby player from Ohio State?

Had a 7.1 3-cone and a 4.46 Shuttle.

That "rugby player from Ohio State" was Olympian Nate Ebner. Who also had Mike Vrabel singing his praises.

Dalton Kincaid's pro day is today also!

UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE: Oops, forgot to correct this post too.

Last edited:
As fast as 4.42 is, and that’s blazing fast, he looks faster on film. Just seems to have another gear.

That is all correct but he is a small guy. No telling how long his body will hold up considering he works the slot a lot. And I am not sure how great of a blocker he will be.

That is all correct but he is a small guy. No telling how long his body will hold up considering he works the slot a lot. And I am not sure how great of a blocker he will be.
My "measurables" comp for Zay is Tyler Lockett, who went Rd3 but would obv go Rd1 in a redraft now. Curious why he didn't run the 3-cone or shuttle (afaik).

My "measurables" comp for Zay is Tyler Lockett, who went Rd3 but would obv go Rd1 in a redraft now. Curious why he didn't run the 3-cone or shuttle (afaik).

I read a lot of guys are not doing the 3cone these days, but don't quote me. Not sure such a small guy is a WR1. Do you think Lockett is a WR1?

I read a lot of guys are not doing the 3cone these days, but don't quote me. Not sure such a small guy is a WR1. Do you think Lockett is a WR1?
Not a WR-label kindof guy, although what he has going on with DK Metcalf is awesome in that they end up being this 2 headed monster together that look like 2 WR1s. Probably the reason why Geno Smith did so well this year. It's not unlike Cassel in '08.

The idea of Lockett is exactly what I'd want for the Pats - "value" 3rd round pick and hit it right off as a returner (All Pro) with good speed (10.85 100m in HS). Draft Measurables (5'9.7" 182lbs / 4.40 (1.55) / 6.89 / 4.07 / 35.5" / 10'1") really almost like Zay's (5'9.2" 182lbs / 4.42 (1.49) / 35.5" / 10'.7"). Did moderately well then got extended for 3yr31mil, and after 4 years in the system, they got Metcalf, and Lockett took off, averaging 85rec / 1080yds / 9TD per season the last 4 years, and still put up 84rec / 1033yd / 9TD with Geno. Stayed Healthy As F - appearing in all reg. season games for all 8 years. The healthy part is so key. All the Pats' Rd1-4 picks in the last 20 years either were injured coming in or got injured during the 1st camp / season.

Basically, assuming it's legal, I'd love to know how Lockett stays healthy at that size. Seems like a great player and teammate and really has it upstairs. Is he a "WR1"? Most would say no, although he had the 2nd most deep passes out of the slot to Kupp.

Often, the concepts or plays that Lockett suggests are not specifically designed for him. He might find a way to manipulate the defense’s coverage scheme with his route-running that allows, say, DK Metcalf to get into a preferred one-on-one matchup.

It’s that kind of unselfishness that has endeared him to so many coaches and teammates for so long in Seattle.

Random: my Measurables comp for JSN is Jules, except he 2" height difference and 10yd dash. Eerily similar there with shuttle / cone / 40. I personally wouldn't draft a WR at 14, but at the end of the day, I just want them to get a guy who will stay healthy, produce, and succeed, because I have no clue. JSN does scare me with that hamstring injury, though.

Not a WR-label kindof guy, although what he has going on with DK Metcalf is awesome in that they end up being this 2 headed monster together that look like 2 WR1s. Probably the reason why Geno Smith did so well this year. It's not unlike Cassel in '08.

The idea of Lockett is exactly what I'd want for the Pats - "value" 3rd round pick and hit it right off as a returner (All Pro) with good speed (10.85 100m in HS). Draft Measurables (5'9.7" 182lbs / 4.40 (1.55) / 6.89 / 4.07 / 35.5" / 10'1") really almost like Zay's (5'9.2" 182lbs / 4.42 (1.49) / 35.5" / 10'.7"). Did moderately well then got extended for 3yr31mil, and after 4 years in the system, they got Metcalf, and Lockett took off, averaging 85rec / 1080yds / 9TD per season the last 4 years, and still put up 84rec / 1033yd / 9TD with Geno. Stayed Healthy As F - appearing in all reg. season games for all 8 years. The healthy part is so key. All the Pats' Rd1-4 picks in the last 20 years either were injured coming in or got injured during the 1st camp / season.

Basically, assuming it's legal, I'd love to know how Lockett stays healthy at that size. Seems like a great player and teammate and really has it upstairs. Is he a "WR1"? Most would say no, although he had the 2nd most deep passes out of the slot to Kupp.

Often, the concepts or plays that Lockett suggests are not specifically designed for him. He might find a way to manipulate the defense’s coverage scheme with his route-running that allows, say, DK Metcalf to get into a preferred one-on-one matchup.

It’s that kind of unselfishness that has endeared him to so many coaches and teammates for so long in Seattle.

Random: my Measurables comp for JSN is Jules, except he 2" height difference and 10yd dash. Eerily similar there with shuttle / cone / 40. I personally wouldn't draft a WR at 14, but at the end of the day, I just want them to get a guy who will stay healthy, produce, and succeed, because I have no clue. JSN does scare me with that hamstring injury, though.

Should've been a Patriot... Perfect match of need & value, identical to the Golden Tate ****-Up 5 years earlier.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back