PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Pro Days

I'm sorry I'm lauging in my head trying to imagine the name Jordan Richards popping up 5 picks earlier from Lockett and seeing your reaction to it.
What a horrible BB Reach Jordan Richards was even Ray Charles could see that no pun intended.
Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Sound reminds me of Belhorn's HR in Gm1 of 2004 WS

When I was a single-digit midget in North Dorchestah, we would play whiffleball in a friend's backyard with a big old tree on the side that had a long, wide branch-trunk going across the entirety of the playing field/yard, high above the pitcher's head... If a batted ball hit that thing, it was declared a home run as it would've likely cleared the fence into the neighbor's yard...

When I saw the video just now, I actually thought out loud: Home run!

Last edited:

I love a bunch of Tennessee Vols players.

I love a bunch of Tennessee Vols players.

Did some follow up on Jerome Carvin. Sounds like a low round Patriot. Versatility seemed to be his major ability. Would bring some size as a back up center that seems to be a need. Movement skills were questioned.

Did some follow up on Jerome Carvin. Sounds like a low round Patriot. Versatility seemed to be his major ability. Would bring some size as a back up center that seems to be a need. Movement skills were questioned.
Gold star for p8ryts.
Jerome Carvin=James Ferentz goes bye bye. It’s time.

Last edited:
My "measurables" comp for Zay is Tyler Lockett, who went Rd3 but would obv go Rd1 in a redraft now. Curious why he didn't run the 3-cone or shuttle (afaik).
I think all you need to do is watch his film, you can see great quickness (not talking about straight line speed), I’m sure his 3 cone would’ve been amongst the best. He’s extremely shifty.

I think all you need to do is watch his film, you can see great quickness (not talking about straight line speed), I’m sure his 3 cone would’ve been amongst the best. He’s extremely shifty.
I hope the 13lbs of weight gain in 3 months didn't affect it too much. If it wasn't done properly, causing imbalances, that's a recipe for injury.

What a horrible BB Reach Jordan Richards was even Ray Charles could see that no pun intended.
Ray Charles Laugh GIF
More painful was the trade up in round 2 for SlowJuan Williams. Traded two 2nd round picks to move up to get him. In the slots we originally had in the 2nd round, KC selected WR Mecole Hardman, who went to the Pro Bowl as a returner as a rookie, and who has great speed (and who I wanted in free agency), and Seattle selected WR DK Metcalf (nothing needs to be said about him, he’s a star).

Now, not saying we would have done that, especially since Belichick apparently thinks it’s against NFL rules to take TWO WRs in the same draft. Imagine if Belichick had the smarts and balls to have drafted Deebo Samuel AND DK Metcalf ? Who knows how that would have changed the trajectory of the team. Maybe Brady doesn’t leave after the Pats drafted those 2 explosive weapons. OR, Samuel and Metcalf suffer the Brady rookie QB hazing. Who knows.

Brugler has him as a UDFA. Wouldn't mind that or even a 7th rounder on him..

Looks almost identical to Tre Nixon in size and athleticism. I little slower probably due to being a 10 to 15 lbs heavier. Very similar players.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back