PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 PostGame Thread: Patriots Lose to Jets 17-3

Immediate Postgame Reactions
More accurately because of a weak roster and poorly coached football team.
Nope. Replace qb with average or even below average and at least 7 games list be cause of horrific qb play are wins.

I've said Bill was overrated and Brady made this team for years. Of course none of the homers on this forum wanted to hear the truth then nor do they still want to hear it now. The record speaks for itself. BB without Brady has more losses than wins. Kraft bet on the wrong horse. And one of his main problems is he's cheap. They don't spend real money on the team for skill players and it shows. They need to start over from square one. Anyone on staff or front office related to the BB era needs to go.
100% this

retiring tom brady GIF

Feelings now

Question to Zappe about experience playing in these conditions and how tough it is to throw.
Zappe (paraphrasing) I suck in weather like this.

Zappe: Bill's status didn't change how I played today. Wasn't good enough. Gotta go back to the drawing board this offseason and be ready for next season.

Zappe on Lowe's play: Phenomenal effort. For him to make that play maybe gave us momentum but... we weren't able to capitalize

Zappe on how the season went from the beginning till now: Lots of things I think I improved on, and also some things I should get right before next season. Such as turnovers. It's a blessing to stand here today. Lots of things I have to get better at so we can win games next year.

Zappe on the 4th and 1 to Brown: We usually have a few of those plays in the gameplan... we had that play ready for a few weeks. I think I flat footed the throw a bit. Left it a bit short. That's on the QB.

Zappe on the takeaway from his first 2 years learning from BB: You can't win if you try to keep from losing. The more turnovers you have the less opportunities you get. Look back at the last 2 weeks - turnovers haunted us as an offense. Just gonna have to clean that up and see what you did wrong and fix it.

Slater up now.

Asked about his retirement: Lets talk about that another day.

Very appreciative of all the love and support I received this season and certainly today and this week. Even though the season was what it was being able to work with these guys meant a lot to me.

He sounds very somber.

Slater waiting for another day on retirement announcement.

Delusional and stupid

Go watch another sport
I agree. We just, recently came off a 2+ decade of greatness. A few years of setbacks (and hopefully high draft picks} just might be a good thing in some ways. I have the patience to wait. The other teams get paid too.

after going 10 games under .500 and finishing with the worst offense in the league.... I'd say anyone with a pulse and a modern offense
You probably will get that. Enjoy!

QB is the only answer with that pick and they need to use that next pick on an OT.
And then a TE after that. And bring in a bona fide free agent RT. Not Antique Reiff.

Nope. Replace qb with average or even below average and at least 7 games list be cause of horrific qb play are wins.
That’s not how it works.

trade up to #1 for QB they identify. Chi takes Harrison at #3(if they are keeping Fields, which I think they are)
If Chi wants Harrison they can't trade with a lower team because Harrison will be gone. Of course they can take him at #1, but then they don't get any additional picks. Pats are in perfect position to trade up with Chi.(if Chi really wants Harrison)
This 100%.

The Bears would be foolish to move on from Fields. They invested in the last 3 years in his development, it would be stupid to cut bait when it is starting to pay off. Take Harrison to help him. MHJ and Moore is a very good 1-2 and if Fields doesn’t pan out you probably in a position to draft a QB next year and have a lot offensive talent around your new QB.

The Pats should be able to trade to one.

Slater to the fans: Thank you.

Didn't think he was going to be here very long. To be embraced by the community and fans means so much. Thank you for challenging our team spurring us on and endless support for us. It's been a great deal for me and family. Coach took a chance on me for 16 years and I'm grateful. The best coach that's ever coached this game in my opinion

All the people desperate to see Bill gone are going to have a helluva reality check with a new regime, I fear.

Look, if the Herald story is true, he has to go, but it’s pretty clear to me that that story was a crap piece just from the news on Klemm.
We're already bad now...

Do you trust Belichick to rebuild this offense? Honest question.

This 100%.

The Bears would be foolish to move on from Fields. They invested in the last 3 years in his development, it would be stupid to cut bait when it is starting to pay off. Take Harrison to help him. MHJ and Moore is a very good 1-2 and if Fields doesn’t pan out you probably in a position to draft a QB next year and have a lot offensive talent around your new QB.

The Pats should be able to trade to one.
Yeah, the Bears best play would be to trade down from 1 to 4, let the other teams take the QBs, grab Harrison at 4 and keep the loot to build the rest of their team.

What can you say that you were able to accomplish for the future of this team?

Slater: There's a lot of players on this team that have to learn how to win. Maybe this year was necessary for this team to learn how to win and learn what it takes to get to winning - the commitment and sacrifice that goes into it. Sometimes you have to be broken down to rise again.

Interesting comment.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back