PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 PostGame Thread: Patriots Lose to Jets 17-3

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Yes the Patriots lost a bunch of one score games.

But finishing 3 games behind the 3rd place team isn't really what I'd call a team that was "close" this year.

I feel vindicated putting up with watching that crap. I got what I wanted from this otherwise waste of a season. A top 3 pick.
One of the top 2 QB’s SHOULD be available as I just don’t understand the Bears taking a QB.

This is assuming QB is gone 1&2. If so, font push it. Get MHJ and then a QB in top of 2nd.
trade up to #1 for QB they identify. Chi takes Harrison at #3(if they are keeping Fields, which I think they are)
If Chi wants Harrison they can't trade with a lower team because Harrison will be gone. Of course they can take him at #1, but then they don't get any additional picks. Pats are in perfect position to trade up with Chi.(if Chi really wants Harrison)

Wouldn't hate seeing McDaniels back as the GM if we keep Bill, kind of like a Brad Stevens move OR as the OC if Bill isn't in town and make Mayo HC

I appreciate the players fighting through the end. Zappe with probably his worst performance on the whole as a Patriot, which should only emphasize that we need competition at QB.
We do NOT need competition at QB, We need a starting QB and veteran transition QB to start the 2024. And, we need long shot #3.

Competition implies that we are keeping ANY of the three that we have. SInce he under contract, I could see Zappe coming to camp as the emergency #4 QB.

I am happy for the pick but hate that we lost to the Jets.

Most of all, I hate that Jets fans would say they ended Belichick era if he were to leave.

Na... we'd never do that.

Cheers to this season being over for both NE n NY. Rough year.

Who would be a better replacement? That is available?
Whoever Kraft picks to coach with the next shiny QB, trust me, we gonna win it all. Just ask most from this board.

Wouldn't hate seeing McDaniels back as the GM if we keep Bill, kind of like a Brad Stevens move OR as the OC if Bill isn't in town and make Mayo HC
Mayo or Vrabel seem most likely to be our HC.

I'm fine with Josh coming back, as long as it is clear that we are trading Mac.

One of the top 2 QB’s SHOULD be available as I just don’t understand the Bears taking a QB.
if they don't, then they will probably trade down. Pats must trade up to get their QB of choice.

Inn the end Zappe showed what he is just like Mac showed what he is.
I do not think Zappe can even be a backup qb

Zappe seems to think he is a starter. His ceiling is a back up QB. I am not sure he will be the best back up for a team that will likely have a rookie QB they are trying to groom to be the franchise. They need a back up who knows they are the back up and will do everything possible to help the rookie grow into a starter.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back