PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 Game Thread: NE vs NYJ

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see how much effort zappe has to put into a throw 15 yards down field?

It's like he's trying to throw 150 mph.

That's why he's not the guy.

Tough game conditions but my God Douglas could you catch one?!

Who’s giving us a first round pick for Bill at this stage in his career? Dallas? Especially when the option might be to just wait the Patriots out.

Bill isn't going anywhere without it being Kraft decision

Id rather keep him personally

It will be interesting to see how that works out. Bill is very big on setting the tone for the way a team acts and the tone of the locket room. He got to do it here cause Brady supported him and after he left the locker room was use to it and the vets who'd been here got others to go along with it or at least not cause a fuss about it.

If Bill goes into a locker room with an already established culture with vets set in their ways who hold the respect of the locket room and tries to do things they are very much against, how will that play out? It's hard to tell a bunch of vets they need to get in line and give up the way they are doing things so the club can be run like a the college Navy football team. That they all need to give up their phones and social media like they are back in high school. It could go bad if he has to deal with a strong respected established locker room.
I'm sorry if I discounted your point too quickly, I do agree. I will definitely watch his exploits with his new team with great interest from afar, not super closely but with some level of curiosity. Seems like it could either go very well or become a dumpster fire.

The Chargers seem like a fit because Herbert seems like a QB in the vein of Brady who will buy into Bill's program and set the tone.

You see how much effort zappe has to put into a throw 15 yards down field?

It's like he's trying to throw 150 mph.

That's why he's not the guy.
A lot of wind and rough conditions with all the snow ….not easy to pass in this game

Everyone that wants BB gone, cuz he is the suck- wants compensation. How?
BB doesn't suck, he is just not the right coach for this team anymore. It needs a fullreset. He failed the rebuild and lost the locker room and has missed the draft. He is set in his ways here and it would be asking too much to tell him he can stay but he needs to give up the GM spot, lose any say on how the offense is handled and all that. Which is what would need to happen. It be a massive demotion. He's better off going somewhere fresh where he can try to get the rebuild right the first time and build credibility for those roles.

Last edited:
Refs don’t want to drop any flags

Ya have to wonder what is going through Bills head as he is pacing the sideline in a snowstorm where you have 3 points from an offense that’s just….quite frankly really hard to watch….with 4 wins. If the chat has been had, hard to imagine him giving a flying ____.

BB doesn't suck, he is just not the right coach for this team anymore. It needs a hot reset. He failed the rebuild and lost the locker room and has missed the draft. He is set in his ways here and it would be a lot to tell him he can stay but he needs to give up the GM spot, lose any say on how the offense is handled and all that. Which is what would need to happen. It be a massive demotion. He's better off going somewhere fresh where he can make get the rebuild right the first time and build credibility for those roles.
Agree on everything but how has he lost the locker room?

Definitely, but that's some other team's problem. Give me the 1st rounder so I can hire Slowik and somebody from SF's scouting department at GM, thanks.
How about Jim Harbaugh? Proven winner at the NFL level with a modern offense, friend of Brady. Ok he’s 60, but you use the time to pair him with a successor.

We will lose barring a muffed punt

A lot of wind and rough conditions with all the snow ….not easy to pass in this game

This isn't exclusive to today's game. His tiny body can't get the ball down field that way you want from a QB in today's game.

Fitting way for Bill to go out

Terrible weather, terrible team, probable loss to the jets

Shame I can only watch via redzone and they’re not big on lowlights. Only see a play when the other games are at commercial

BB doesn't suck, he is just not the right coach for this team anymore. It needs a hot reset. He failed the rebuild and lost the locker room and has missed the draft. He is set in his ways here and it would be a lot to tell him he can stay but he needs to give up the GM spot, lose any say on how the offense is handled and all that. Which is what would need to happen. It be a massive demotion. He's better off going somewhere fresh where he can make get the rebuild right the first time and build credibility for those roles.
Well at least YOU have a sane explanation. Not common though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes