PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest 2023 NFL Picks Contest - Week 15

#@%&!!! I had Eagles 27-21. What did he have?
LOL, you can look at his with the little magnifying glass - both of you guys had Philly, but he got you on the score prediction. :cool:

EDIT: I don't know on his score prediction ... I don't have that as viewable outside the database but I'm sure he'll tell you in the morning.

LOL, you can look at his with the little magnifying glass - both of you guys had Philly, but he got you on the score prediction. :cool:

EDIT: I don't know on his score prediction ... I don't have that as viewable outside the database but I'm sure he'll tell you in the morning.

So how do you determine the winner based on score when both choose the wrong team?

So how do you determine the winner based on score when both choose the wrong team?
Based on the final overall record, with the total score differential being the deciding factor. So since you both finished 13-3 (which was better than the rest of us), it comes down to the score prediction and whoever has the lower differential.

However, I think there was one time where both winners had the same differential, and that one was broken by who picked the right team. But we did have one other week - I believe - where two people finished tied and both picked the same team, so that's the lone multiple winner week I think we've had off the top of my head since that went into effect. I gave both people the win that week because there was no other way to break that tie.

Based on the final overall record, with the total score differential being the deciding factor. So since you both finished 13-3 (which was better than the rest of us), it comes down to the score prediction and whoever has the lower differential.

However, I think there was one time where both winners had the same differential, and that one was broken by who picked the right team. But we did have one other week - I believe - where two people finished tied and both picked the same team, so that's the lone multiple winner week I think we've had off the top of my head since that went into effect. I gave both people the win that week because there was no other way to break that tie.

So if I understand this correctly, he had the Eagles winning by five points where I had them winning by six -- right?

Man stop whinning. You lost. Take it like a man.

Man stop whinning. You lost. Take it like a man.

Whining? I've already congratulated the winner. I'm just trying to understand how this works when both pick the losing team.

Whining? I've already congratulated the winner. I'm just trying to understand how this works when both pick the losing team.
Same as Alamo's contest. You know this.

I just went in and dug this out:
1702961896364.png

So yes, it played out just like you said.

He hit the Seahawks score (20), but missed the Eagles Score by 10.
You missed the Seahawks score by just one, and also missed the Eagles score by 10.

So that's how the differential totals worked out.

Crazy close :cool:
LOL, and it never hurts to ask. Had I looked and it had been off, that would have been an issue but it would have been one I needed to know about. ;)

I actually think you caught me on something in the early going on one of these that corrected an issue. Never hurts to question things in here, so it's all good. :cool:

LOL, and it never hurts to ask. Had I looked and it had been off, that would have been an issue but it would have been one I needed to know about. ;)
This is Week 15, and nobody has ever questioned who or how they won. Ever.

Except me, when I accused you of cheating.

LOL, I'm good for one win every few years or so. That whole "broken clock" thing. ;)

I just went in and dug this out:
View attachment 55345

So yes, it played out just like you said.

He hit the Seahawks score (20), but missed the Eagles Score by 10.
You missed the Seahawks score by just one, and also missed the Eagles score by 10.

So that's how the differential totals worked out.

Crazy close :cool:

Thanks, Ian. My brain on combined flu/covid vaccines at midnight not too sharp ... seeing both score predictions helps. :)

LOL, I'm good for one win every few years or so. That whole "broken clock" thing.

Kind of sucks when that happens, though, because now with the differential (which we didn't have the last time I won a week - I was among more than one winner that other time) I'm just like, "Oh ... (expletive) ... I can't congratulate anybody and give them the banner." Actually makes it super awkward, and I'm absolutely not a fan of that. ;)

Thanks, Ian. My brain on combined flu/covid vaccines at midnight not too sharp ... seeing both score predictions helps. :)
Dude stop being a drama queen and calling attention to yourself. You did not win. Step aside and give Steve his space.

I've been taking Sudafed this last week and I'm due for another before I go to bed in a few, so I hear you. Hope you also feel better. ;)

Dude stop being a drama queen and calling attention to yourself. You did not win. Step aside and give Steve his space.
LOL, I'm excited for when @Steve102 wakes up in the morning. He thought he had no shot tonight after coming up short on the Predict the Score contest. Already slapped the banner on his profile. :cool:

LOL, I'm good for one win every few years or so. That whole "broken clock" thing.

Kind of sucks when that happens, though, because now with the differential (which we didn't have the last time I won a week - I was among more than one winner that other time) I'm just like, "Oh ... (expletive) ... I can't congratulate anybody and give them the banner." Actually makes it super awkward, and I'm absolutely not a fan of that. ;)
You should post your picks for all to see so there's no question. Nobody questions you in the Alamo contest because we all see your prediction. You hitting 70% of dogs when everyone else sucked is not some rare occurrence. It's highly suspicious. I'd file a formal complaint with Management, but here we are.

Reactions: Ian
You should post your picks for all to see so there's no question. Nobody questions you in the Alamo contest because we all see your prediction. You hitting 70% of dogs when everyone else sucked is not some rare occurrence. It's highly suspicious. I'd file a formal complaint with Management, but here we are.
LOL, you can see the eyeglass thing, which I added and wasn't sure how people would feel about it privacy wise, but people didn't seem to mind.

I will say, I thought about doing what you suggested, but one other reason I didn't/don't do that is for situations like tonight - sort of hurts people from a competitive standpoint in the case of a tie as neither person knows who the other picked. If they could see it, then they could match the other person to ensure a tie, and it would just come down to the score differential.

I think we had a situation like that previously where the people who had the lead heading into Monday night actually ended up losing when they both picked the wrong team, and someone with a lesser record before the game picked the right team and won the differential. Had the picks been visible, it might have been a different story.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back