PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

I just did a PFN mock that was nothing but interesting

I was offered 2 trades that I just couldn't say no to and wound up with the Colts 1st 2nd in 5th rounder in 2024 plus #37 for #14 and dropped down 2 spots in the 2nd and got Seattle's 2024 3rd

Now usually I have passed on these offers because they were for future low first round picks. However the Colts with a new coach and a new QB MIGHT be a top 10 pick next year or at worst a mid first round pick. And I couldn't pass it up.

I couldn't pass up the best TE in the draft at 37 and still got a quality (I think) OT prospect with a high ceiling and some risk in Mauch.

The next 2 picks give us CB size and good althleticism in Ricks, while Overshawn gives us some much needed speed at ILB

I got a solid C/G prospect in Stromberg and then doubled up at CB (garner another 6'2 CB) and grabbed an edge guy who's got similar profile as Wise (Ali) Both coming from a strong LSU program

With my last 2 picks I took flyers on the Princeton WR with the unspellable name, and the Louisville QB, who at worst will be a good scout team QB in weeks we are playing teams that have running QB's on their roster.

After making that trade I was pleasantly surprised a what was there for me that I could fill most of the needs with guys who might not suck and get some REAL assets in 2024. Next year we will be competing to get into the playoffs, we WON'T be competing for a title. Lets get better THIS year and have some REAL draft capital for the first time in about 20 years in April 2024

What do you think about the Colts trade? Would you have taken Musgraves before a surer OT pck at 37?
pfn-logo-black

• NE

Luke Musgrave
    TE Oregon State
    trade icon
  • NE

Cody Mauch
    OT North Dakota State

• NE

Eli Ricks
    CB Alabama

• NE

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• NE

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas

• NE

Mekhi Garner
    CB LSU

• NE

Ali Gaye
    EDGE LSU

• NE

Shaka Heyward
    LB Duke

• NE

Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

• NE

Malik Cunningham
    QB Louisville

• 2024 IND 1st
  • 2024 IND 2nd
  • 2024 SEA 3rd

I like doing the mocks on PFN the most: they don't give away picks in trades, that's for sure; they make you earn every one you get, even in those you know you'll be accepting anyway... Initiating trades is even tougher...

The last couple of mocks I've done there have included similar trade-downs to yours, because I feel it might be a good idea to start acquiring more assets for next year's draft in case we need to move up in order to draft a...QB...

Pretty happy with this one, just wish Darnell had been available rather than Mauch. Love the idea of Branch starting out helping CB group and moving to safety LT.

A57A0F0E-086F-40B5-B077-8C597C2F638A.png

I hope he goes somewhere with a Good QB and prove me wrong I did not see any explosiveness. I don't care about his height I see Mocks have him going anywhere from 11 to gulp 14. :rolleyes: I didn't see much separation from him the Harry and Parker vibes BB please stay away from those type of Big WR's the First Round.
It's always a gamble. No one knows. I thought Drake London had a fine rookie year, and people said the exact same things about him. They said the same about Harry, they said the same about DK Metcalf. I don't think we ever really know.

This draft will never happen and I am not sure I picked the right players for each position and it was absurd I tried trading for future picks giving up some of ours because we have a lot, but no one went for it. So here's the draft. I will be interested in your thoughts on it other than being absurd never going to happen.

1677271969641.png

Quick question. On the PFF mock, how do you get it to pick all of the non-Patriot picks for you. I've tried it a couple of times and I've had to make ALL the picks. Am I missing something?

Quick question. On the PFF mock, how do you get it to pick all of the non-Patriot picks for you. I've tried it a couple of times and I've had to make ALL the picks. Am I missing something?
Hi Ken,

on the first page where you select the team to draft for, there is a button on the top right side to select all teams. If you unselect that you can pick just the team or teams to pick for

This might also never happen. Just did first 4 rounds.

pff_mock_results (1).png

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back