PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2023 Conference Championship Games discussion thread

Lamar probably is a fraud. In all seriousness, he just has a tendency to get overwhelmed in big games.
I seen ALOT of dropped balls ..

Just watching the 49rs Lions highlights just now.....boy the 49'rs will need to play a lot better from the start against the Chiefs.

Kermit is 2-1 in Super Bowls with the 1 being a loss to TB12 in a blowout.

No he doesn’t pass Montana if they win this one. Not yet.

Lamar probably is a fraud. In all seriousness, he just has a tendency to get overwhelmed in big games.
Lamar has become PEDton Manning II. Great during the regular season but clueless in the playoffs against the good teams. If not for Houston beating the Browns Lamar probably would have had his 4th one and done in 5 playoffs. He's actually chasing PEDton's one and done record of 9, which I didn't think anyone else would get close to.

Yeah you have to tip your cap to them. The Chiefs will enter into the dynasty conversation if they win in 2 weeks.

That will also probably be enough to move Mahomes ahead of Montana into 2nd place in the GOAT conversation given the stats that he has put up so far in his career.

And we all know what that means…we’re gonna be hearing Brady/Mahomes debates for years if not decades. Get used to it…
The Chiefs will be a dynasty if they win.

I was actually happy to see the Ratbirds lose (I still have a hard time believing that any Pats fan would root for them) and I hope KC beats SF too. It's time for the AFC to get even in SB wins with the NFC. Historically, the AFC has owned the NFC but a long streak of SB wins in the 80s-90s has the NFC up one.

As Pats fans we should have no problem debating anyone about the best QB. Brady has taken "who's #1" and turned it into no contest. All any other QB can do is claim to be #2.

I seen ALOT of dropped balls ..
The biggest drop was Lamar's. He has zero feel for what's around him in the pocket but sees very clearly when he runs with the ball, like a RB should.

He'll be firmly at 3. If he matches Montana I'd put him at #2 without a problem

Opinions vary, I reckon.

It's a rule, not an opinion. You might be confusing a running back's stiff arm with "hands to the face," which primarily applies to line play. A ballcarrier's stiff arm to the face/helmet of a defender is perfectly legal.

Right. 3 is not 4. Brady had to get to 5 to pass Montana so does Kermit and then to 8 to pass Brady ...

As Pats fans we should have no problem debating anyone about the best QB. Brady has taken "who's #1" and turned it into no contest. All any other QB can do is claim to be #2.
Yes sir.

Reactions: sb1
4th and stupid strikes again... twice.

Up 14 with 6 minds left in the 3rd and a chance to cool SF and the crowd off by making the lead 17 again and what does he do? He goes for it on 4th and 3, misses and the crowd was back in it again. Then 4 plays later a lucky bounce gets SF one TD on a 50 yard pass and in another couple of plays Detroit fumbles and the crowd never stopped screaming.

And then comes the incredible decision late in the 4th to go on 4th down again rather than take the tying FG! WTF!

Dan Campbell has made great strides with the Lions but those two decisions made him the poster boy for the "coaches don't win games but can lose them" crowd. At some point the coach needs to look at the situation and take the FGs. Both of those screamed for it.

4th and stupid strikes again... twice.

Up 14 with 6 minds left in the 3rd and a chance to cool SF and the crowd off by making the lead 17 again and what does he do? He goes for it on 4th and 3, misses and the crowd was back in it again. Then 4 plays later a lucky bounce gets SF one TD on a 50 yard pass and in another couple of plays Detroit fumbles and the crowd never stopped screaming.

And then comes the incredible decision late in the 4th to go on 4th down again rather than take the tying FG! WTF!

Dan Campbell has made great strides with the Lions but those two decisions made him the poster boy for the "coaches don't win games but can lose them" crowd. At some point the coach needs to look at the situation and take the FGs. Both of those screamed for it.
Such awful, awful football decisions. I was so angry going to bed last night. IMO those were fireable decisions.

BuT MuH AnALyTikxz says go for it

Right. 3 is not 4. Brady had to get to 5 to pass Montana so does Kermit and then to 8 to pass Brady ...
I guess it depends on what you like. Is it titles that count or total wins? And what do you do about the losses, the TDs and INTs? I like using %'s to get a clearer picture and to account for the difference in years.

Brady won 7 titles in the 18 years he played, that's 39%. That's a pretty tough act to follow but Mahomes is actually close and would overtake Brady if he wins it this year.

I bet KC was unhappy with SF winning.

BuT MuH AnALyTikxz says go for it
If it was you and I on that defensive line it's one thing. It's another to go for it if you have Big Vince and Lawrence Taylor sitting there.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
It's on you to prove that it's not fixed. Good luck.
No…that’s not how it works.

The burden of proof is on you because you’re the one making the allegation.

Refs making calls that you don’t like because of your bias isn’t proof of a conspiracy.

No…that’s not how it works.

The burden of proof is on you because you’re the one making the allegation.

Refs making calls that you don’t like because of your bias isn’t proof of a conspiracy.

I don't have to prove to you why I believe what I believe lol.

The rules them self are rigged to get the results the NFL wants.

Believe the NFL when they say they have no obligation to give you a fair product. It's entertainment.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back