PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 WR/PTP Draft Prospects

I have seen Drake London projected as a first round pick by the Jets. We can only hope that the Jets are as stupid as the guys who write these projections.
Jets have a long history of screwing up in the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted London and promptly ruined his career in New York. Whatever potential players might have seems to go down the drain as soon as they don the green uniform.

From what I read, Pickens has huge character issues/red flags, but is it worth risking the pick on the talent if he drops to the Pats 2nd round pick?

Pickens fist fight:

I've been pointing this out since last year. It has to be here in a few post. He's had multiple run-ins with staff there. On field stuff that lead to suspension. This has been going on since HS. His father played in the league and was a nut. Saban was recruiting him hard and just said enough and stopped. George is a nut. He's got a percent skill set for what we need here but yea he's a nut. No doubt about it. I'm surprised most media is unaware or just now reporting this.

I've been pointing this out since last year. It has to be here in a few post. He's had multiple run-ins with staff there. On field stuff that lead to suspension. This has been going on since HS. His father played in the league and was a nut. Saban was recruiting him hard and just said enough and stopped. George is a nut. He's got a percent skill set for what we need here but yea he's a nut. No doubt about it. I'm surprised most media is unaware or just now reporting this.
When you mentioned Picken's "issues" I knew I wanted the Pats to have nothing to do with him. If Saban gave up on him, that a huge "Red Flag" in my book. Can't have those shenaniganz here. Take it to the XFL. That's what they thrive on..

When you mentioned Picken's "issues" I knew I wanted the Pats to have nothing to do with him. If Saban gave up on him, that a huge "Red Flag" in my book. Can't have those shenaniganz here. Take it to the XFL. That's what they thrive on..
He's doesn't seem like a bad kid. Maybe a bit entitled/spoiled in some ways. I feel bad but I've heard too many things from a person a trust. Plus this really isn't a secret the media for we reason just hasn't reported it. Hopefully he gets his head on straight.

He's doesn't seem like a bad kid. Maybe a bit entitled/spoiled in some ways. I feel bad but I've heard too many things from a person a trust. Plus this really isn't a secret the media for we reason just hasn't reported it. Hopefully he gets his head on straight.
If he doesn't, he won't have much of a career.

From what I read, Pickens has huge character issues/red flags, but is it worth risking the pick on the talent if he drops to the Pats 2nd round pick?

Pickens fist fight:

The Corner hit him first Pickens had to defend himself. He seems all grown up to me both physically and especially mentally.

Last edited:
So much disinformation at this time of year…

I posted this in the draft forum yesterday, but most folks don't go there

People need to leave his past alone I only care about his future. I hope he doesn't end up: ok maybe I can live with him on Green Bay but I hope the Chiefs take him off their Draft Board.

People need to leave his past alone I only care about his future. I hope he doesn't end up: ok maybe I can live with him on Green Bay but I hope the Chiefs take him off their Draft Board.
The Corner hit him first Pickens had to defend himself. He seems all grown up to me both physically and especially mentally.
Pickens has a ton of potential with NFL size and skill set but ignoring the obvious is foolish. Saying "He seems all grown up to me both physically and especially mentally." is borderline trolling lol dude. He's one of the more immature prospects in the class. Idk I try to take opinion out of it man.

It doesn't mean he won't succeed or be a good player. There's plenty of guys like him in the league to varying degrees. Guys like T Hill are on the extreme. I remember Diggs had some rumors and he's a top 5-10 WR. Pickens is a lot closer to Diggs from everything I've heard but these things are worth noting. Pretending they didn't happen or is all better isn't how to handle it either. That's just more enabling.

It's just something to factor in when looking at the Pats. And you have to ask. How many guys like Pickens have we drafted under Bill? Not a lot that's for sure. So again it's just something you can't ignore.

I remember having this conversation with @DropKickFlutie last year about Devonta Smith. lol man what a nut. He flipped out as usual when Smith's weight was brought up. Smith was my WR2, loved him. You would have thought I slandered him lol. Anyway if you look at the league history not many WR sub 185-180 have made an impact. Those guys typically don't make it. So while it isn't a death sentence or the end all, be all. It's something you'd be silly not to factor in.

If you can tame George he'll be a heck of a player for sure.

Pickens by far is my WR Binky Bacon so you can clearly see my bias towards him.:cool:

IF Jameson Williams ends up in the NFC good for him we'll see him rarely except for his highlights on ESPN after Halloween. :cool:
Well if he can come back 100% healthy from that ACL injury, then yes he's going to be a menace, but there's no guarantee with injuries. Pre-injury he definitely has the wheels to stretch a defense and give DC's nightmares.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back