PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

Picture this: the guys ahead of you don't want the same player as you, but they're getting calls about their pick, and those other teams do want the same guy as you, so you throw a little bone at the team in front of you to deal with you instead of someone else.
I could be wrong but I believe we did this to draft ty warren years back. Just to make sure teams behind us didn’t jump us to grab him.

I agree but am not an Olave fan - I might be wrong. Everything you say is true, AND Olave is light and is easily muscled at the LOS. I do not think he is quick or strong enough to be a Day 1 pick. Also had Wilson across from him so he was beating CB2 all the time - college CB2s are weak. Have to be very careful in these type of situations. Prefer Metchie Day 2 - Metchie does everything Olave does and has worked with Mac. Prefer Dotson as well like @ChrisR2223 suggests.
Olave gives me Terry Glenn vibes, in a good way

Honestly, Harry couldn't do any of the things London was doing in college. London is a phenomenon and what he does should translate well to the pros.

London's productivity is off the charts. You can look at a lot of these WRs and project what they might do based on combine numbers, but London proved himself on the field.

I think he's Mike Evans. Most scouts think his speed is 4.5 but impossible to say with his broken ankle. It's a 10th of a second slower than the top guys, but none of them are as big, and just swallow up everything that comes to them.

Unlike Harry, London is a really good route runner. If he's there at 21, it would be idiotic not to take him.

Last edited:
If Drake London didn't get hurt and played the entire season his stats would look like this: 132/1,626/11 (Just saying)
Not advocating he should be our pick if he's there. But I wouldn't throw the remote at my TV if he was. But I would be disappointed as we have other more pressing needs. We had soooo many additions (Mac, Jonnu, Hunter, Nelly, Kendrick) to the offense last year that I think a big improvement is coming this season from that group. And we add DeVante to that group so.....yeah. I'd like to see the Pats add either Williams (yes I said we have other pressing needs but this guy is the guy) or Metchie to that group as there's a possibility we lose 2 from our receiver group (and that doesn't include N'Keal Harry) after 2022.

Honestly, Harry couldn't do any of the things London was doing in college. London is a phenomenon and what he does should translate well to the pros.

London's productivity is off the charts. You can look at a lot of these WRs and project what they might do based on combine numbers, but London proved himself on the field.

I think he's Mike Evans. Most scouts think his speed is 4.5 but impossible to say with his broken ankle. It's a 10th of a second slower than the top guys, but none of them are as big, and just swallow up everything that comes to them.

Unlike Harry, London is a really good route runner. If he's there at 21, it would be idiotic not to take him.
Ive had London in my top tier all year. You really have to watch him to appreciate him if you're not an outright fan. Lot of false narratives this time of year about a lot of prospects and he's a victim of it.

I'd be thrilled with him or Burks

Picture this: the guys ahead of you don't want the same player as you, but they're getting calls about their pick, and those other teams do want the same guy as you, so you throw a little bone at the team in front of you to deal with you instead of someone else.

Yep... Immediately behind GB are NFC rivals AZ & Dallas at 22 & 23 respectively... Now while the Cardinals really don't have the 2022 firepower to satisfy me, they would make a good-enough distraction to give the Packers pause... And Dallas Does have the firepower (4 picks in the 5th round, e.g.) I would seek to move down 3 spots before I make my Big trade with either JAX, Houston, the Vagiants or (gulp) KC...

Now if GB wants to cut out the middleman, then I will gladly accept 28 & 59 for 21 right out of the gate and be done with it.

Thought this was interesting from Daniel Jeremiah, based on both his thoughts and what he’s hearing.

- Thinks few trades in top half of 1st round without an impact QB, but could be a lot of trades in the bottom half of the round to secure the 5th year option on QBs.

- Doesn’t think Jordan Davis is getting past Baltimore.

- Panthers may skip QB, draft another position, and go for Baker Mayfield, per musings of another team’s GM.

- Says Devin Lloyd meets all the PTP requirements if we plan to go defense, but wonders about the Saban connection leading BB to pick Jameson Williams (who he says would be a home-run pick).

2022 NFL Draft: 11 takeaways from Daniel Jeremiah's conference call

I could be wrong but I believe we did this to draft ty warren years back. Just to make sure teams behind us didn’t jump us to grab him.
Only guy I'd make a small move up for would be a big man like Jordan Davis. He could fill a Vincent Wilfork type role. And we all know how important he was for the Patriots defense for over a decade. Other than that, I think we wait to see who falls, and if a round 1 talent is there I believe you should take him, otherwise move down and pick up more draft picks.

Olave gives me Terry Glenn vibes, in a good way
Here's another scouting report I've read about Olave. The pro comparison is Chris Godwin. If we can get a player of that type and caliber, that's going to make life a lot easier for Mac Jones. Like I said, I feel that he's the best 'fit' for the Patriots style offense of the receivers who could be available at 21. I'm confident in his ability to pick up the system quickly and contribute on the field.

Route running, creating separation, manipulating defenders, and getting open quickly look to be his strengths. As for his size, I think he's fine, he's bigger than Devontae Smith who had a very successful rookie campaign with the Eagles.

Here's an in depth discussion of Olave.

With that trade we give up 800 points and receive 970 points (NFL Draft Trade Value Chart). I agree, I would love that trade too but it is highly unlikely to happen.

Yeah probably not... Unless there's a player they really, Really like and also believe that AZ and/or Dallas really like the same dude too, and that we would be willing to deal #21 to either of them... They might try to offer #92 with #28 but I would tell them to piss off unless they're also willing to include their 3rd-rounder next year, or #s 28, 92, 140 & 249 plus a 5th... Or they can offer me 140 just to move up one spot and I'll take that too.

Last edited:
Only guy I'd make a small move up for would be a big man like Jordan Davis. He could fill a Vincent Wilfork type role. And we all know how important he was for the Patriots defense for over a decade. Other than that, I think we wait to see who falls, and if a round 1 talent is there I believe you should take him, otherwise move down and pick up more draft picks.
Wouldn’t mind a small jump up for Karlaftis either. Young with a lot of room to grow physically and could be coached up big time.

I'm not drafting Yet Another LB with my first pick... or my second... or my third...

And I'm not drafting a WR with my first pick either... Not any of them.

Ok it is not the player, it is the position you are not drafting. Sorry I missed that in your post. I am not sure we need a LB, Lloyd, Chenal, Muma, in the 1st or 2nd, but if someone falls to the 3rd, we might have to consider it. Daxton Hill, Travis Jones, and Leo Chenal up the middle of the defense would improve our D for years to come, IMO.

Ok it is not the player, it is the position you are not drafting. Sorry I missed that in your post. I am not sure we need a LB, Lloyd, Chenal, Muma, in the 1st or 2nd, but if someone falls to the 3rd, we might have to consider it. Daxton Hill, Travis Jones, and Leo Chenal up the middle of the defense would improve our D for years to come, IMO.

Yeah it's not the player himself; I also think that Lloyd would be a fine addition here... But... CB, DE, NT & OL are Screaming for reinforcements, and WR needs one more dynamic piece to re-adjust the depth chart to its proper levels.

LB is simply Not a top-100 priority for me this year; let's see what the ones we Already have here can really do, then re-visit the position this time next year.

I agree on LB. Not a top 3 round priority for me either. We are increasingly playing only one or two linebackers. We have our thumper in Bentley and McGrone is basically our rookie pick. Add in Wilson and MacMillan, who they like, and the likelihood that Peppers and Philips play some weak side backer and there are far bigger needs. However there is a slight need for a strong side outside LB - and I like Josh Paschal for that role in the 3rd round potentially.

I want to see an offensive lineman, cornerback and wide receiver with our first three picks, although I would be intrigued by an impact pass rusher. I know receiver isn't currently a big need but I'd like to see us try and tap into this good class, especially with Agholor and Meyers maybe gone next year. Metchie and Shakir seem perfect Pats type receivers to me in the 2/3rd round.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back