PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2022 NFL Playoff Sunday - Wild Card Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm the only one who uses "Samsung Browser" when I'm on mobile but, and I get this isn't the right place for it...

EVERY TIME I try to quote reply using this browser, if another poster replies to the thread while I'm in the middle of writing my post, it messes up the formatting. It'll randomly add my reply into the quote box I'm replying to and then throw another couple line breaks in for good measure. It only started happening recently

Even right now as I type with no quote box I'm getting a random few line breaks I assume because someone else is posting
It's probably the new binocular feature he introduced. If you click on it, it introduces malware into your system that creates a need to always be on the forum. It's quite diabologically ingenious.

Oh, you're not a contributor to the site. Nvm.

I'm not one to blame ref calls for the outcome of games because there's usually a number of plays that if executed correctly, could've changed the outcome.

There have been a high number of really bad calls this season. More than usual? Idk, hard to say.

I do think that it's a slippery slope to demand perfection. Imagine a world where they use technology (chips on helmets, shoes, uniforms and ball) to aid in these penalty calls (ball placement, FS, OS, inbound receptions, etc). There could literally be a penalty called on every single play, bogging the game down to a bunch of 6-9 games.

It doesn't take away from not calling obvious penalties. How many times do we see networks show slow-mo replays of how a play develops, that also show clear holds that the announcers ignore. All the time.

NFL refereeing is made more complex than it should be. Just call the major stuff that affects a play, and let the other ticky-tack stuff go.

I'm not one to blame ref calls for the outcome of games because there's usually a number of plays that if executed correctly, could've changed the outcome.

There have been a high number of really bad calls this season. More than usual? Idk, hard to say.

I do think that it's a slippery slope to demand perfection. Imagine a world where they use technology (chips on helmets, shoes, uniforms and ball) to aid in these penalty calls (ball placement, FS, OS, inbound receptions, etc). There could literally be a penalty called on every single play, bogging the game down to a bunch of 6-9 games.

It doesn't take away from not calling obvious penalties. How many times do we see networks show slow-mo replays of how a play develops, that also show clear holds that the announcers ignore. All the time.
Your last line is the worst part. It INFURIATES me!! I got mad just reading it.

NFL refereeing is made more complex than it should be. Just call the major stuff that affects a play, and let the other ticky-tack stuff go.
I'm inclined to agree with you. "Let them play" should be the default. The penalty should be obvious, egregious and clearly have an impact on the outcome of the play. If it doesn't check all three (or even at least two) of those boxes then there shouldn't be a flag. I know all lot of the yellow napkins get tossed in the name of "player safety" but it really just leads to some teams randomly getting screwed on the whim of whatever official is working that day.

Either dramatically lower the threshold of what a penalty is, OR make penalties challengeable with replay and more than just 2 challenges... In the era of "expedited review" I'm not sure what the point of the coach's challenge is anymore anyway.

time for CBS to put Romo out to pasture. not sure what happened because I thought he was great the first year or two but it’s just gotten worse and worse

I guess since he didn’t have the opportunity to suck Mahomes off today (his favorite pastime) he switched to Allen instead. some of the things he said would make Collinsworth blush

"here comes the ONSLAUGHT" when the Bills offense takes the field after half. Allen gets strip sacked and the ball is returned for a TD

“this can’t be how the Bills season ends!” what about the Dolphins season?

Romo = The WORST Anal-yst on TV.

Al Michaels = The WORST PBP announcer on TV.

I noticed on a TD pass to Dawson Knox that he got away with a pretty strong stiff arm to the shoulder of the defender as the ball was coming. That gave Knox enough room to catch the ball with his other hand.

Revis used to get away with the same thing on defense. You can almost stop a person in their tracks with a well-placed stiff arm to the front of the shoulder.

Asante Samuel seems to get away with a lot of contact.

The Bills don't look nearly as strong as they did earlier in the season.

Yes to All of the Above.

Injuries are the reason that teams shouldn't receive byes, especially in a system where teams play drastically different schedules. Sitting a week has helped KC and hurt the teams like Buffalo and Cincy that beat them during the season and had to play a much tougher schedule.

There's also way too many teams in the playoffs when close to half of all the teams make it. And it doesn't matter if one of those crap teams wins.

Completely agree... The 2002 - 19 PO format must be restored IMMEDIATELY. It was the most equitable PO system in North American team sports history. Two byes OR NO BYES is the ONLY way to do this without serious, Serious questions being raised about favoritism, Egg-Zactly how they're being raised this season.

Is it me or is the NYFL getting more boring to watch?

It's not you... This is what happens when outcomes are attempted to be pre-determined by 345 Park.

Ravens gonna ravin'
So Harbaugh had his Pete Carrol SB 49 moment, though not quite as dramatic, given the magnitude of the games. Dobbins calling out coach just like Lynch. Funny part is we saw Lawrence score on almost the same exact play the day before. 99.99% of the time that play ends w/ the ball on the ground instead of magically finding the hands of a defender. Lol, sucks being you Harbaugh.

Criticizing scumbag Harbaugh over interactions w/ reporters when he actually answers their questions is rich considering most everyone here fawns over Bill's non-answers.

Who fawns over his non-answers? Nothing is a bigger waste of time than a BB presser. I memorized most of his future press conferences 15 years ago.

I feel like it’s too many teams, but at the same time, the Dolphins hung tight with the Bills. If Tua or even Bridgewater had played instead of Skylar it may have been a different outcome. And the other game (SF vs SEA) was tight for a half, so the 7 seeds didn’t look like they didn’t belong.

They still didn't...

And giving only One bye per conference is a F UCKING CRIME.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

Bosa literally walked all the way to the sideline, knowing he can't take his helmet off or he'll get a penalty, waited until he was like a foot from the white chalk, and then took it off and slammed it down, capping it off with a meltdown to draw attention to himself. Lol

I usually don't mind the announcers. Though, Romo's clear bias is kinda annoying and Michael's boring AF voice is terrible. I liked listening to the ex-Panthers TE announcer. He analyses the plays w/o bias. Even when the Panthers played the Bucs, I never heard a hint of bias towards his former team. Pretty even keeled.

There are some announcers where you can tell they're loving it when a team they obviously dislike is getting destroyed. God damn them humans being human.

Tony "Sominex" Dungy is the worst analyst. He and Michaels together = ensured slumber.

I can tolerate Romo, at least he gets excited about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back