2021 Red Sox

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
obviously we start with the pitching, but what does this team need? I would like to look at Kolten Wong at 2b. Gold Glove and can hit a little. speed guy who can bring energy.

Sox hire (re-hire) Alex Cora as manager. Its a good start...i think Cora paid his penalty and now can get on with life in MLB.

Sox hire (re-hire) Alex Cora as manager. Its a good start...i think Cora paid his penalty and now can get on with life in MLB.
****ing disgraceful...He should've been ****ing banned for ****ing Life, along with all of the other dirty ****ing actors...Dude can't win Jack Feckin Sh!t without cheating.

Last edited:
I'm still in on Kolten Wong as a FA 2b...and you have to bring back JBJ in CF right? I know JBJ cant hit consistently, but he is THE best CF in the game

Red Sox get Ottavino from the Yankees is a trade. Not sure what we gave up but New York is kicking in $850,000 as part of the deal

interesting

Red Sox get Ottavino from the Yankees is a trade. Not sure what we gave up but New York is kicking in $850,000 as part of the deal

interesting
I'm seeing the trade as Yankees get a player to be named later. So, it's essentially a salary dump for the NYY.

Here's from MLB Trade Rumors

the Yankees found themselves with roughly one million dollars separating them from the tax threshold, per Roster Resource’s Jason Martinez. Ottavino came with a $9MM luxury hit by virtue of the three-year, $27MM free-agent deal he signed two years ago, and the Yankees will now shave the bulk of that sum from their luxury obligations. ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that they’re sending $850K to the Red Sox as part of the deal, so the Yankees are freeing up $8.15MM of luxury breathing room. That space will prove vital, given ownership’s apparent mandate that the front office stay under the tax threshold.

Interesting to see the NYY being cost conscious about the luxury tax. Also interesting to see the Sox providing a $ bailout to the NYY. Hopefully it's opportunism on the Sox part. 35 year old Ottavino with a 5.89 ERA last year isn't exactly someone to get too hopeful about.

I'm seeing the trade as Yankees get a player to be named later. So, it's essentially a salary dump for the NYY.

Here's from MLB Trade Rumors

Interesting to see the NYY being cost conscious about the luxury tax. Also interesting to see the Sox providing a $ bailout to the NYY. Hopefully it's opportunism on the Sox part. 35 year old Ottavino with a 5.89 ERA last year isn't exactly someone to get too hopeful about.
5.89 ERA was only 18 innings of work. Before that he was one of the better relievers in the game.

Christian Arroyo Has Been Mr. Clutch For Red Sox In June
Arroyo smacked a pinch-hit grand slam in the top of the seventh inning in Atlanta Wednesday night, turning a 7-6 Boston deficit into a 10-7 lead. The Red Sox hung on for a 10-8 victory for a two-game sweep over the Braves, improving to 42-27 on the season.
Arroyo now has four homers in June, three of which have come in the last week. And all three of those have been of the clutch variety that helped lead Boston to much-needed wins. Last Thursday, it was a three-run jack against the Astros to tie things at 7-7 in the fifth inning, in an eventual 12-8 Boston victory. The very next night, Arroyo went deep for an eighth-inning solo bomb to pull the Red Sox even with the Blue Jays, with Alex Verdugo hitting a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the ninth for a 6-5 win.
I'm gonna start calling him "Little Papi"

I think they should lift the ban on beach balls at Fenway

Wait...There was a ban on beachballs there? Disgraceful.

Anything to keep the pink hats (with their infants/toddlers) happy, I suppose...

Dear Sports Media Networks,

A no-hitter is not Breaking News and does not require alerts and a huge front story headline with bold font. Please stfu about this. Thanks.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back