PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Red Sox postseason thread

Yeah… really would be nice to try getting Alvarez out sometime in an elimination game

Thought that was a triple play! :(

Cora said somehow the Astros hit like hall of famers in the playoffs, with runners in scoring position.

Fun season. Nice run. Can’t lie and say the ending didn’t suck. :crying:

Totally different series and a different outcome if Laz Diaz calls strike 3

Losing the way they did was a humungous let down. They were mashing the ball. Then somebody turned out the lights. And they could barely get a hit. Never mind score any runs. its hard to feel good about anything now. Maybe in a day or two ill feel differently.

• Sad
Reactions: sb1
Cora had a horrible series and it started in game 1 with sawamura in the 8th

Losing the way they did was a humungous let down. They were mashing the ball. Then somebody turned out the lights. And they could barely get a hit. Never mind score any runs. its hard to feel good about anything now. Maybe in a day or two ill feel differently.

Before game 4

From what I've seen of the MLB playoffs, Boston is the best team remaining. Atlanta and LA Dodgers don't impress me.

I take full responsibility for the Red Sox losing. Ever since I posted this, the Sox went downhill. They were up 2 games to 1 and were leading game 4...

Last edited:
I take full responsibility for the Red Sox losing. Ever since I posted this, the Sox went downhill. They were up 2 games to 1 and were leading game 4...
You angered the baseball gods. Once you do. There is no return.

Fun season. Nice run. Can’t lie and say the ending didn’t suck. :crying:

It wasn't meant to be but thank you Red Sox for a totally unexpected exciting season.

Pretty much agree with all of this. The Sox provided a ****-ton of entertainment this year, which is the first thing you're looking for. Always sucks to lose, but they outlasted the Yankees and had a good run. Not really heartbreaking--when you stop hitting you're not gonna win. Some bad choices on Cora's part, but he, and they, will be back.

Can't win every time you get in--was weird to think they'd be one away from the Pats for the century if they won this year. Key is to get in consistently and then roll the dice, and I think they're going to start doing that.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back