PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Red Sox postseason thread

Let's hope we get the Rodriguez tonight who can dominate. We could use a good start from him.

Let's hope we get the Rodriguez tonight who can dominate. We could use a good start from him.
Agreed. He’s such a wildcard in terms of what he brings to the table

Of course we could just hit 2 or 3 grand slams too, that would be great also

17 years ago yesterday...

Sox are 8-1 against the Yankees in the playoffs ever since. LOL

Mueller so owned Mariano Rivera.

Last edited:
17 years ago yesterday...

Sox are 8-1 against the Yankees in the playoffs ever since. LOL

This is what the media does. They convince people that was some great moment and set the narrative. The moment or the play that we should think of when everything changed. Is Billy ball game aka Bill Mueller getting the base hit off of the greatest closer of all time to tie the game. Dave Roberts stole the base. Big deal. Getting a hit off Mariano in the bottom of the 9th with the season on the line is far more difficult than stealing a base. Sorry sb1. Every time the Roberts steal comes up it sets me off. Bill Mueller was the hero of that game imho. Mueller never gets his due, and it pisses me off.

This is what the media does. They convince people that was some great moment and set the narrative. The moment or the play that we should think of when everything changed. Is Billy ball game aka Bill Mueller getting the base hit off of the greatest closer of all time to tie the game. Dave Roberts stole the base. Big deal. Getting a hit off Mariano in the bottom of the 9th with the season on the line is far more difficult than stealing a base. Sorry sb1. Every time the Roberts steal comes up it sets me off. Bill Mueller was the hero of that game imho.
All good. I get that. If no steal and Mueller base hit means at minimum it's runners on 1st and probably 3rd with nobody out anyway.

I also think Derek Lowe was an unsung hero of that series. Had a really tough season and then he held the Yankees in check twice when his team absolutely needed him. Also won game 4 of the World Series.

This is what the media does. They convince people that was some great moment and set the narrative. The moment or the play that we should think of when everything changed. Is Billy ball game aka Bill Mueller getting the base hit off of the greatest closer of all time to tie the game. Dave Roberts stole the base. Big deal. Getting a hit off Mariano in the bottom of the 9th with the season on the line is far more difficult than stealing a base. Sorry sb1. Every time the Roberts steal comes up it sets me off. Bill Mueller was the hero of that game imho. Mueller never gets his due, and it pisses me off.
Absolutely 100% agree. We had a runner on 2nd and no outs several times over the years vs Rivera. Getting the base knock was key. I cannot like this comment enough!

There is a reason Mueller’s nickname was “Pro”
He was so underrated. He was a switch hitting batting champ and an excellent defensive third baseman. And he was clutch.

Reactions: sb1

I agree. And I'm guilty of of that myself. Great point.

Wooooo

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore