PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest 2021 NFL Picks Contest - Week 3 Now Running

@Ian , I appreciate the recognition. Yes, I got very lucky this past week but I also did not overreact to week 1 scores and injuries. To finish first in such a big field is pretty impressive, as you said, if I say so myself :)

Season Standings are now available:

Obviously, there is a long, long way to go and for anyone who missed a week or a few games, it's fun to at least pick each week and see how things fall. Definitely makes watching the outcomes each Sunday a lot more interesting :)

A new week, another chance to make a fool of myself.

Bump for all the last minute holdouts.

Bring on week 4.

I did lousy this week.

This has been updated through Week 3 following tonight's disappointing finish in San Francisco:

I noticed it's showing a "missed" game for a few people in an odd spot (not the Thursday game). I'll review each of those and will post an update at some point tomorrow.

I don't show a missed game but I have an extra loss. I should only have 2 losses this week. Giants and Pat's. But it says I am 12-3 this week.

This has been updated through Week 3 following tonight's disappointing finish in San Francisco:

I noticed it's showing a "missed" game for a few people in an odd spot (not the Thursday game). I'll review each of those and will post an update at some point tomorrow.
Something REALLY odd as I’m pretty certain I picked Minny over Seattle. I even “bet” them in Dingleberry’s Bet Game thread (and real $). It says in site’s results I lost Seattle.

I don't show a missed game but I have an extra loss. I should only have 2 losses this week. Giants and Pat's. But it says I am 12-3 this week.
That’s good work right there

Something REALLY odd as I’m pretty certain I picked Minny over Seattle. I even “bet” them in Dingleberry’s Bet Game thread (and real $). It says in site’s results I lost Seattle.
It's because the key or whatever is used for game results thinks Seattle won their game, so everyone who picked them got credited with a right prediction, and everyone who picked Minnesota was given a wrong prediction. The Vikings won 30-17.

@Ian

If you click on the magnifying glass, that shows you the wins/losses, etc. That's been 100% accurate so whatever you see is what the actual selections were. The only discrepancy has been where the yellow or the "missed" have popped up. Those - if they're not a game that actually wasn't picked - have come from duplicate submissions where there apparently was a glitch. On those, I have to go into the database and look at the submissions and keep the one with the newest timestamp.

If you click on the magnifying glass, that shows you the wins/losses, etc. That's been 100% accurate so whatever you see is what the actual selections were. The only discrepancy has been where the yellow or the "missed" have popped up. Those - if they're not a game that actually wasn't picked - have come from duplicate submissions where there apparently was a glitch. On those, I have to go into the database and look at the submissions and keep the one with the newest timestamp.
It says I lost the Minnesota game, but I picked Minnesota and they won. I didn't know about the magnifying glass, never noticed it. I was wondering if you could see other people's picks. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210927-074722_Chrome.jpg

Ah, I see it. That was my fault - I clicked Seattle as the winner in that one. I've fixed it and re-tallied the results.

For the sake of transparency for anyone who ever wants to check, the NFL schedule results (see the link at the top or in the slideout) are what these are compared against. It's all tied in together.

Updated:
Either way, sorry about that - #Fail

fail black and white GIF

Last edited:
Ah, I see it. That was my fault - I clicked Seattle as the winner in that one. I've fixed it and re-tallied the results.

For anyone who ever wants to check, the NFL schedule results (see the link at the top or in the slideout) are what these are compared against. It's all tied in together.

Updated:
Either way, sorry about that - #Fail

fail black and white GIF
All good. Appreciate the work you put in.

#HumbleBrag

Congrats week 3 winner.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes