PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest 2021 NFL Picks Contest Week - 11

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
We're on to Week 11 (or will be in about 20-mins when the week flips). Just a quick note, I'm posting this a little early to let people know the tie-breaker script isn't quite done, so when the week flips, it will be as normal.

However, when I finish it, I'm going to clear out the Monday night selection for everyone so that the alert appears again at the top to have you update your Monday Night pick with a score prediction, which will be the tie-breaker. All you'll do is predict the score on the Monday night game, and obviously whoever you pick with the higher score would be your winner selection. If there's a tie, your score prediction will break the tie and whoever comes the closest will win the week.

Hopefully, that makes sense. But again, you'll see the banner at the top at some point in the next day or so once it's ready to go.

This is my week.

We're on to Week 11 (or will be in about 20-mins when the week flips). Just a quick note, I'm posting this a little early to let people know the tie-breaker script isn't quite done, so when the week flips, it will be as normal.

However, when I finish it, I'm going to clear out the Monday night selection for everyone so that the alert appears again at the top to have you update your Monday Night pick with a score prediction, which will be the tie-breaker. All you'll do is predict the score on the Monday night game, and obviously whoever you pick with the higher score would be your winner selection. If there's a tie, your score prediction will break the tie and whoever comes the closest will win the week.

Hopefully, that makes sense. But again, you'll see the banner at the top at some point in the next day or so once it's ready to go.

What happens if the MNF game is itself a tie?

So it’s not who comes closest to the “total” score of the game but rather closest to the final score for each team? I’ll need to see the end result and then say “ahh! I get it”

Reactions: Ian
@Ian why not make the tie breaker based on closest to some player stat like passing yards, rushing yards or receiving yards depending on what teams play on that MNF game. That would be simpler and probably more fun. Not sure if you can script that though.

@Ian why not make the tie breaker based on closest to some player stat like passing yards, rushing yards or receiving yards depending on what teams play on that MNF game. That would be simpler and probably more fun. Not sure if you can script that though.
Funny you should say that because I'm actually putting together something like that. The score selection thing is just easier because most of the heavy lifting is done, so it's just a matter of modifying it. I've had to work late the last couple of nights but I'm hoping to get it done either tonight or tomorrow.

But yes, I'm going to be doing another game with the parameters you mentioned, which I think should be pretty fun. So stay tuned :cool:

So it’s not who comes closest to the “total” score of the game but rather closest to the final score for each team? I’ll need to see the end result and then say “ahh! I get it”
The "total" will be part of it, but the score predictions would also help break that - so it will sort of be like @alamo's contest in that regard.

This has been updated - everyone should be seeing an alert right now to go in and update the Monday night pick with a score prediction.

This has been updated - everyone should be seeing an alert right now to go in and update the Monday night pick with a score prediction.

By "whoever comes closest" in the event of a tie, do you mean point differential? Total points?

The "total" will be part of it, but the score predictions would also help break that - so it will sort of be like @alamo's contest in that regard.

By "whoever comes closest" in the event of a tie, do you mean point differential? Total points?
Right now, it will be the total differential, like Alamo’s contest - with the person obviously also having to pick the correct team.

98.3% of us are quite happy this morning.

The other 1.7% ..............

2 good games tomorrow afternoon in our area, with no Sunday Patriots game.

Burned by the Titans again.

Quite happy I picked Indy/Jills wrong.

Clowns who run the Bears should be fired by now.

giphy_0.gif

sing with me....

I'm on the
top of the world a-lookin
down on creation...

• Winner

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back