PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing dogsh*t teams the last 4 games of the season, after dropping to 7-4, has a funny way of helping a team to “figure out the league”. They then received a first round bye against the Skins, and were very fortunate to play on the road in New Orleans and Green Bay without any fans in the stands. The Superdome crowd in particular could have totally changed that game. Finally, they were one of the healthiest teams in the league last year.

In summary, they are defense was firing on all cylinders throughout the playoffs and they deserved to win the SB but a lot of dominoes fell their way last year.

Shoulda Coulda woulda. What if the Bucs and brady had an off-season before the start of the season? What if they had their best defensive front player free from injury all season? What if the bucs had play more man coverage and not zone?

Playing dogsh*t teams the last 4 games of the season, after dropping to 7-4, has a funny way of helping a team to “figure out the league”. They then received a first round bye against the Skins, and were very fortunate to play on the road in New Orleans and Green Bay without any fans in the stands. The Superdome crowd in particular could have totally changed that game. Finally, they were one of the healthiest teams in the league last year.

In summary, they are defense was firing on all cylinders throughout the playoffs and they deserved to win the SB but a lot of dominoes fell their way last year.
This is basically how opposing players, analysts, fans and probably Coaches felt about the Pats playing in a "bad division" and having an easy path to the Super Bowl regularly.

I don’t get how Patriots fans can defect to the Bucs. You were a Brady fan then not a Patriots fan. Can I respect what Tom did with the Bucs this season yes.
Did I feel resentment towards him for it absolutely. Would I wear a Tampa Tom Jersey not even if I was vacationing in Florida. It feels dirty I would wear a Jets Jersey or Ravens Jersey before that. Maybe some can’t relate but I find the way it went down including pulling Gronk out of retirement and forcing a trade to Tampa. The Radio jabs on Howard Stern about Belichick the whining behind closed doors to Bruce who’s run his mouth nauseating. Love Tom
Even named my oldest after him but that Ageless warlock in Tampa is not the same Tommy who was a 6th round pick and worked from the bottom up.
I was watching Patriots highlights a few days ago and it pissed me off as I still can't get over Brady not on this team.

I was watching Patriots highlights a few days ago and it pissed me off as I still can't get over Brady not on this team.
I wanted him to selfishly retire after the Atlanta game would of been perfect. Retire after the craziest Super Bowl ever and allow Jimmy G to take over.
Would of been perfect never lose a young promising QB and watch Brady retire after the craziest comeback victory in a superbowl which how else would you want to go out. I was shocked he didn’t retire then. I’d give up the Rams Super Bowl win to not have to see Brady screw us without a heir on the roster and see us scramble with no Cap to fill that void.

I wanted him to selfishly retire after the Atlanta game would of been perfect. Retire after the craziest Super Bowl ever and allow Jimmy G to take over.
Would of been perfect never lose a young promising QB and watch Brady retire after the craziest comeback victory in a superbowl which how else would you want to go out. I was shocked he didn’t retire then. I’d give up the Rams Super Bowl win to not have to see Brady screw us without a heir on the roster and see us scramble with no Cap to fill that void.
527495E2-51F7-4B6A-ACCA-EC5BBD4372D8.png

Dear God this trade was for Mac Jones.
I would be shocked if this happened. He better be 2007 Brady to give up that kind of Haul.

that is a lot of draft capital for Jones. But if bb truly believes Jones is the guy, then he has to do it.

I don’t get how Patriots fans can defect to the Bucs. You were a Brady fan then not a Patriots fan. Can I respect what Tom did with the Bucs this season yes.
Did I feel resentment towards him for it absolutely. Would I wear a Tampa Tom Jersey not even if I was vacationing in Florida. It feels dirty I would wear a Jets Jersey or Ravens Jersey before that. Maybe some can’t relate but I find the way it went down including pulling Gronk out of retirement and forcing a trade to Tampa. The Radio jabs on Howard Stern about Belichick the whining behind closed doors to Bruce who’s run his mouth nauseating. Love Tom
Even named my oldest after him but that Ageless warlock in Tampa is not the same Tommy who was a 6th round pick and worked from the bottom up.
I totally agree. I believe his ego is bigger than the State of Florida.

Partially agree, defintely about the Buc part. Tbh, its just a business and he wanted to keep playing so I don’t fault Brady for that. I cheer for Brady but certainly not in some crazed fan boy way that you see some are. I was a Patriot fan long before Brady and and wish some would remember that 20 years is unprecedented. It’s like Gordie Howe except Brady is still really good nearing the end.

**** the Bucs, their fans and our fans who changed allegiances. However, can you really blame someone that still cheers for Brady the goat? 6 superbowls is hard to get over overnight. I would almost call it sacrilegious to not cheer for the guy and not wish him the best. He’s the greatest Patriot of all time for heavens sakes. Resenting him for leaving is kind of selfish considering what he did here. Who are we to tell him when to hang them up, especially when he is still playing at a high level? Pats blew it by not finding a way to resign him but they also chomped out 6 titles with him so it’s all good.< For me anyways. Lot of fans having a hard time letting go of that fact that he’s gone and are bitter towards management and Bill.

Exciting times going on right now though. If you are a Patriot fan and are still miserable about Brady leaving you should probably wake up and live in the moment. This team building offseason has been entertaining and fun.

Partially agree, defintely about the Buc part. Tbh, its just a business and he wanted to keep playing so I don’t fault Brady for that. I cheer for Brady but certainly not in some crazed fan boy way that you see some are. I was a Patriot fan long before Brady and and wish some would remember that 20 years is unprecedented. It’s like Gordie Howe except Brady is still really good nearing the end.

**** the Bucs, their fans and our fans who changed allegiances. However, can you really blame someone that still cheers for Brady the goat? 6 superbowls is hard to get over overnight. I would almost call it sacrilegious to not cheer for the guy and not wish him the best. He’s the greatest Patriot of all time for heavens sakes. Resenting him for leaving is kind of selfish considering what he did here. Who are we to tell him when to hang them up, especially when he is still playing at a high level? Pats blew it by not finding a way to resign him but they also chomped out 6 titles with him so it’s all good.< For me anyways. Lot of fans having a hard time letting go of that fact that he’s gone and are bitter towards management and Bill.

Exciting times going on right now though. If you are a Patriot fan and are still miserable about Brady leaving you should probably wake up and live in the moment. This team building offseason has been entertaining and fun.
I’m very happy with the team very concerned about QB.

#15 for Damn Darnit????????????????????????????????? Is there an influx of ketamine or ecstasy going on around here? A 3rd would be the ceiling for Sam the Sham IMO...

I would’ve loved Tom Brady to play his entire career in New England. It still feels wrong seeing him in another uniform. But that’s me being selfish. Fact of the matter is he’s earned the right to end his career on his terms. The man gave us two decades of memories we’ll cherish forever. More championships than we ever thought possible. If he can still keep going, who are we to tell him he has to stop doing what he loves? Plus it’s not like he stuck it to us by signing with a rival, he went to the Bucs! A franchise none of us gave a crap about until he signed with them.

Brady had plenty of help of course, more than he had in his final season with the Pats, but he showed he could still go out there against the best of the best and win. He’s still the GOAT and I’m happy he’s doing well for himself and continuing to boost his legacy. I wish the Pats weren’t left looking mediocre after he left, but it’s not his fault that this team didn’t have a successor. It’s not Brady’s job to concern himself with his replacement, his only focus was winning and being the man for the job. He outplayed the Garoppolo successor timeline to everyone’s surprise, and it was up to Belichick to find the next guy. Turned out neither Brissett nor Stidham was it. He avoided free agency when he could’ve left long ago to maximize his earning potential. His overall body language definitely sucked toward the end, but he did what he could with what was given to him.

Frankly I’m more annoyed with Gronk, who two years ago waited too long to decide whether he was coming back or not and that resulted in the Pats missing out on Jared Cook. There may have been some pettiness from Gronk there, considering the team tried to trade him to Detroit just prior to the 2018 season and he threatened to retire to avoid that trade happening.

But anyway, all due respect I think it’s lunacy to say you’d rather give up that 6th Super Bowl championship just so you didn’t have to see Brady play for another team. No thank you. This team would be without Brady in either scenario but at least that banner will always fly at Gillette Stadium. You can’t fault people for being enamored with Brady and then put out statements like that.

The Patriots come first, now and always. If anyone defects entirely to the Bucs and doesn’t root for the Pats anymore then they were never true fans of this team. Only fans of winning. Like people who rooted for the Cavs and then switched over to the Heat when LeBron James left for them. When the Pats face the Bucs I hope they sack Brady so much that he’ll be tasting grass in his mouth for days afterward. I’d love the narrative to shift back into Belichick and the Patriots’ favor. But I have too much love and respect for Brady to hate on him or his fans like I’ve been seeing some Pats fans do (for the record, I rooted for the Bucs in the Super Bowl because I rather see Brady enhance his legacy with a 7th ring than to stomach the Chiefs fans and that whole Mahomes narrative). Brady having success outside this organization doesn’t bother me. I’ve had coworkers I liked go and leave for others jobs, and I didn’t stop liking them just because they left my team. People need to get out of this jilted ex-lover mindset and realize this is just a game we watch for entertainment. Good for him that he’s continuing to play long after many thought he’d be washed up. Hopefully this season is the start of Belichick’s response, and hopefully our Pats end the football season on a higher note than Brady’s Bucs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots