PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if they put Long at LT since he's never played the position in the NFL. He played RG (5 seasons) and RT (1 season) with the Bears..

Huh, for some reason I thought he was a LT... I must be confusing him with another Long (or someone else entirely).

Huh, for some reason I thought he was a LT... I must be confusing him with another Long (or someone else entirely).
Jake Long is the LT. He last played in 2016. Jake and Chris went first and second overall in the 2008 draft, Chris being Kyle’s brother and Howie’s son, and Jake being unrelated.

I thought the Chiefs were in okay shape at LG, RG, and RT but needed to address LT and C. They’ve since added...a LG, RG, and RT in free agency.
They cut Fisher, who was injured for the SB. He started at LT for them in 17 of 19 games.
They cut Mitchell Schwartz who was their starting RT until he went down with injury.
Austin Reiter, their starting center, is a UFA.

Its not been made official, but its likely that Thuney will be their starting LT. If he doesn't play well there, they could move him inside to Center. Long is likely a depth guy.

Remmers was the guy who started at RT for them in the SB.

They cut Fisher, who was injured for the SB. He started at LT for them in 17 of 19 games.
They cut Mitchell Schwartz who was their starting RT until he went down with injury.
Austin Reiter, their starting center, is a UFA.

Its not been made official, but its likely that Thuney will be their starting LT. If he doesn't play well there, they could move him inside to Center. Long is likely a depth guy.

Remmers was the guy who started at RT for them in the SB.
I thought Remmers started at LT for Fisher at the SB.

Watched Cowherd yesterday when he asked Rosenhaus which client he's meeting with. Drew said he couldn't tell him because he had just told a GM the player was on a plane on his way to meet with another team, instead of going to meet with him in Miami. They both laughed. Drew went on to say that he'll do anything to get his clients (and himself) the best deal.

I think (scumbag) Drew snookered Dolla, Dolla Bill into all those high $$ guarantees with the same line: player Y is on his way to meet with team X, better hurry. Sigh

Yep, Bill's been Drew's b!tch all week...

QB, Center and ILB would appear to be the most upgradeable positions.

Would also throw DT and WR onto the list, but I certainly agree with the ones you picked.

I’d also like to see some closure at CB. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats take one in the draft.

- Gilmore not interested in playing at $7m this season, is he traded? Holding out? Extended?

- JMac is a free agent and might not be brought back entering his age 34 season

- Jackson on a 2nd rd tender and Pats can match any offer but what if another team prices them out and they take the 2nd rd pick instead? Future beyond 2021 uncertain

- Jones a nickel not an outside corner, Mills may feature more at safety, Williams is unproven, etc.

edit - for the money he’s making I’ll assume Mills starts at CB if two of Gilmore/JMac/JCJ are gone

All of the Above, plus DE...I want one more good one besides Judon...and No, Dee Wise does Not count.

All of the Above, plus DE...I want one more good one besides Judon...and No, Dee Wise does Not count.
What do you think Hightower, Van Noy, Winovich, and Uche are going to be doing? They are the ones lining up next to the 2 Down linemen..

Raiders adding a veteran center:

Possibly my favourite draft CB ever. Loved his tape.

Maybe the Colts will finally stop hitting the snooze button and address an area of need. He would be a great pickup for KC, but thankfully they probably don’t have the salary cap room. Tampa Would love to have him as well, to cover up for the coverage deficiencies of Winfield, but probably can’t afford him either. Washington still has cash to spend.

Maybe the Colts will finally stop hitting the snooze button and address an area of need. He would be a great pickup for KC, but thankfully they probably don’t have the salary cap room. Tampa Would love to have him as well, to cover up for the coverage deficiencies of Winfield, but probably have blown therwould love to have him as well but probably can’t afford him either. Washington still has cash to spend.
49ers should be all over this. Their D collapsed in the Super Bowl because of their CB's. You can't trust Verrett to stay healthy and Mosely is terrible.

Curious why Andrews hasn't found a team yet. GB, ATL, or KC?

Curious why Andrews hasn't found a team yet. GB, ATL, or KC?

Bedard claims that he has been asking to be paid like the top center in the league, or close to it. Good look with that, David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back