PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Too bad there aren’t more teams that are a shutdown CB away. Dallas could also be in the mix for Gilmore. Their division sucks. There’s no clear cut favorite right now in the NFC.
I mentioned Ari before & after the Watt signing.

GB is another one. Gilly & Jaire might be the best all-around pair in the game? That would quite the duo.

How about the Rams lol? Why not they might as well? 57 & 142 might get it done. Again that would give the best duo in the game.

Not in NFC but if Oakland was willing to part with 48 you might want to consider it?

Personally I'd like to keep him but understand we're probably not truly contending for a SB this year. So I'm not against it for a top 50 pick (Ari, Oak) or 60 something and a 4th from LA or GB.

Prepare for some hard news tomorrow . Jete and Mia have lots of $ to spend

It won’t be hard news. Thuney is a very good player but will get paid more than a fiscally responsible team would pay him.

This discussion has been had lord only knows how many times. At this point, the only people who don't get it are the people who are purposefully not getting it.

It's not just a Felger/Mazz thing. BB's pointed it out. Media and GMs all over the league have pointed it out. The actions we're seeing this offseason point it out. The teams don't even pretend it's not, as can be seen by the fact that they acknowledge the difference between cap numbers and actual cash paid in the CBA. The cap is almost entirely just an accounting gimmick.

And I'm not saying that to deride it. In a game without contract guarantees, and with large in season turnover due to injuries, there has to be a way to account for all the needed moves. I just think that we all should be long past the time where we pretended that the cap, as a general rule, offers any real impediment to player signings beyond what the owner wants it to.
The combination of a complete and utter misunderstanding of a topic and the arrogance in conveying such an off target opinion never ceases to amaze me. You truly are one in a million.

A sampling of some notable players available at positions of need:

Wide receiver
Kenny Golladay
Corey Davis
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Will Fuller
Curtis Samuel
Marvin Jones
Josh Reynolds
Emmanuel Sanders
John Brown
Keelan Cole
Adam Humphries
Sammy Watkins
A.J. Green

Tight end
Hunter Henry
Jonnu Smith
Gerald Everett
Kyle Rudolph
Jared Cook
Dan Arnold
Tyler Eifert
Robert Tonyan (RFA)

Defensive line
Dalvin Tomlinson
Shelby Harris
Ndamukong Suh
Tyson Alualu
Jurrell Casey
Henry Anderson
Kawaan Short
Derek Wolfe
Brent Urban
Solomon Thomas
Steve McLendon
Malcom Brown
Poona Ford (RFA)

Edge defender
Kyle Van Noy
Romeo Okwara
Tyus Bowser
Tarell Basham
Jordan Jenkins
Trent Murphy
Carlos Dunlap
Jadeveon Clowney

Linebacker
Jayon Brown
K.J. Wright
Denzel Perryman
Avery Williamson
B.J. Goodson
Reggie Ragland

Running back
Duke Johnson
Mike Davis
Jamaal Williams
Jerick McKinnon
Matt Breida

There also will be a number of former Patriots on the market. Van Noy, Malcom Brown, defensive end Adrian Clayborn and cornerbacks Malcolm Butler and Justin Coleman all were cap casualties, and safety Duron Harmon and center/guard Ted Karras are impending free agents.

People who think Gilmore « is a bargain at his current salary » aren’t putting enough stock into the very real possibility Gilmore isn’t showing up « at his current salary ».

Guessing we will get some answers today as this stuff always leaks. Today is basically when the decisions are made for the top guys

The teams the Bills, Ravens & Browns have assembled with QBs on rookie contracts are impressive. I'd argue for all three rosters over the Chiefs currently.

A sampling of some notable players available at positions of need:

Wide receiver
Kenny Golladay
Corey Davis
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Will Fuller
Curtis Samuel
Marvin Jones
Josh Reynolds
Emmanuel Sanders
John Brown
Keelan Cole
Adam Humphries
Sammy Watkins
A.J. Green

Tight end
Hunter Henry
Jonnu Smith
Gerald Everett
Kyle Rudolph
Jared Cook
Dan Arnold
Tyler Eifert
Robert Tonyan (RFA)

Defensive line
Dalvin Tomlinson
Shelby Harris
Ndamukong Suh
Tyson Alualu
Jurrell Casey
Henry Anderson
Kawaan Short
Derek Wolfe
Brent Urban
Solomon Thomas
Steve McLendon
Malcom Brown
Poona Ford (RFA)

Edge defender
Kyle Van Noy
Romeo Okwara
Tyus Bowser
Tarell Basham
Jordan Jenkins
Trent Murphy
Carlos Dunlap
Jadeveon Clowney

Linebacker
Jayon Brown
K.J. Wright
Denzel Perryman
Avery Williamson
B.J. Goodson
Reggie Ragland

Running back
Duke Johnson
Mike Davis
Jamaal Williams
Jerick McKinnon
Matt Breida

There also will be a number of former Patriots on the market. Van Noy, Malcom Brown, defensive end Adrian Clayborn and cornerbacks Malcolm Butler and Justin Coleman all were cap casualties, and safety Duron Harmon and center/guard Ted Karras are impending free agents.
Bud Dupree?

The teams the Bills, Ravens & Browns have assembled with QBs on rookie contracts are impressive. I'd argue for all three rosters over the Chiefs currently.

browns roster for me

If anything, I’m thinking maybe a 5th or 6th? Or wait to see if he’s cut.

Last edited:

With Feliciano and Zeitler signing early it further tells it will be a hard market for Guards. Maybe Thuney ends up the only one getting paid close to top $ or could come down as well despite multiple interest.

The Thuney center truthers can dream a little longer!
It's not a total and complete pipe dream he returns.

Pats have ~$60m in cap space and have clearly shown they are ok paying him $14m.

It's not a total and complete pipe dream he returns.

Pats have ~$60m in cap space and have clearly shown they are ok paying him $14m.
Well, they were ok spending that last year. Wes Weller will remind you that what they’re willing to spend depends on what the market looks like that year... and this isn’t a great year to be a FA guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back