PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty good deal Jones is a very valuable player this makes the Packers last 2 drafts look more headscratching.
I’m thankful Jones didn’t end up in Miami as speculated.

Packer have some issues besides running back. Packers where 2 million over the cap. Don’t know how they got the money. I guess there’s ways to manipulate the cap. They had already had done a lot of restructures before getting to 2 million over the cap.

If i were Cleveland, I would offer bb a second round pick for Gilmore. Gilmore and ward would be a killer corner collaboration!
Maybe OBJ for Gilmore talks come back.
But coming off the injury would rather have the second.
There are a good amount of prototypical cornerbacks out this year.
How Njoku and a third for Gilmore?

GB best strength is beating themsleves.
When did signing RB (let alone Jones) to a big contract last help a team? And they dont even have cap space to fool around.. or a team that can beat 44 y old QB..
Tag for RB is $8M but they give him $12M aas? I guess his cap hit is probably well below $8M

If i were Cleveland, I would offer bb a second round pick for Gilmore. Gilmore and ward would be a killer corner collaboration!

Gilmore is no longer 26. Good luck trying to get a contract for more than 2 years.

If Jimmy G is still on the table which so many analysts think he is how about the Gilmore for Jimmy convo?

Maybe OBJ for Gilmore talks come back.
But coming off the injury would rather have the second.
There are a good amount of prototypical cornerbacks out this year.
How Njoku and a third for Gilmore?
Beckham and njoku for Gilmore and a sixth round pick?

Sherman is what 32, 33? Someone will sign him.

My point exactly for just two more years after this year but there’s huge risks involved. Can he keep playing at a high level at 32 and 33?

My point exactly for just two more years after this year but there’s huge risks involved. Can he keep playing at a high level at 32 and 33?

how much does his play fall off over the next three years, remember he is currently one of the best in the game.

for Cleveland is the benefit of one of the best corners in the nfl worth two spare parts?

Tag for RB is $8M but they give him $12M aas? I guess his cap hit is probably well below $8M
Yeah like @Deus Irae said, only $13M signing bonus. Could easily be a "4 year deal" but he only plays 1 year on a small salary and the $13M is spread over 4 years.

Can anyone be playing at his current level at any age? All contracts are 2y contracts - talking about age risk for a player in his prime is next level ageism - but i guess thats why fan boards exist..

Can anyone be playing at his current level at any age? All contracts are 2y contracts - talking about age risk for a player in his prime is next level ageism - but i guess thats why fan boards exist..

Listen i don’t wanna trade the guy for peanuts. He can still play.

Uh... what... 4 years $140M? Taysom Hill is worth $35M a year? Lmfao

I get that they'll be voided but WTF.

One of the few things that Felger has been right about....the cap is crap. So many loopholes and ways to create space, just the way teams and the players like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back