PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL DRAFT (NEP visits & Pro days)

Holy crap, look at that 3-cone!

Anyone know anything about Spencer Brown?

Very well put together. Lean guy that looks like he can still work on that body bx of how well he carries it.

If you watch him play his movements, bend, agility stands out. He's not compacted or heavy. Very easy mover. Quick, active feet. He's still a little unsure how how deep or wide his steps should be bc of how big he is. It could be more consistent. Big dude though. It's like pad issues, he'll have to always check himself at times. Steps, sets, depth etc could be fixed though if he's up to it. But they're so quick they give him mirror ability.

Like his hands as well. Active, strong but at times carries them to close together. He loves getting inside the #'s and generating torque, clearing his man out of the play. He'll feint, switch up the speed, pretty accurate. Needs to get stronger though at times bc of his size opponents get his chest.

Tough, nasty finisher. He loves getting on top of His blocks. Loves to finish.

Patient, doesn't panic if he's beat. Prevented a few would-be pressures and sacks by reworking hands, hop to handle power, seems like he's ready for battle but the NFL will be a jump for him in that regard. He'll see a lot of stuff for the first time, in-game.

Natural athlete. Lots of upside in pass pro. Quicks, length and size give defenders fit in space, 2nd level, angle blocks. Tough to handle once he gets going.

He would be a Scar special if Dante was still on the treadmill in Foxboro.

Closest thing to Tyreek Hill in this class, perhaps? I like his short area skills better than Waddle, although Waddle is more polished downfield and has more route versatility.

I would give the edge to Waddle but they're so similar. Nagy was just talking about moving Moore to sub-down RB () bc of his height?? Idk I'm keeping him at WR but it might take a special QB to really target, trust him for him to reach that peak?

He's the reason we have 2nd round picks.

I would give the edge to Waddle but they're so similar. Nagy was just talking about moving Moore to sub-down RB () bc of his height?? Idk I'm keeping him at WR but it might take a special QB to really target, trust him for him to reach that peak?

He's the reason we have 2nd round picks.

He's insanely strong and explosive, and already takes a lot of short throws and handoffs. Putting him in the White role makes sense to me, although I'd like to see him get downfield shots when split wide, too. Unique player, really exciting to watch, but strange average depth of target for his elite speed.

He's insanely strong and explosive, and already takes a lot of short throws and handoffs. Putting him in the White role makes sense to me, although I'd like to see him get downfield shots when split wide, too. Unique player, really exciting to watch, but strange average depth of target for his elite speed.
I wonder if any of the Balt, KC or TB take him round one? TB might make sense in that role? Balt needs hands and size but that athleticism is the backfield, flat with Jackson is intriguing. And then you have Hill & Moore together on the same field with Kelce, Hardman and CEH?

In a world wherein we hadn't resigned Andrews and Karras, I would be all for drafting Deonte Brown (Mason replacement one day) and Moore from Grambling State (new center), and putting out an enormous, mauling, run-blocking monster of an OL.

In a world wherein we hadn't resigned Andrews and Karras, I would be all for drafting Deonte Brown (Mason replacement one day) and Moore from Grambling State (new center), and putting out an enormous, mauling, run-blocking monster of an OL.
I've thought of it. That Moore kid is explosive, right? I think he could be a great C.

I would still draft Moore in rd.4/5 and use him as a G/C Backup. Learn the system, adapt the NFL and replace Karras next year. Save us money and good depth hopefully. Need a G Backup anyway.

Regarding D. Brown I wasn't high on him. Senior Bowl did not excite me but good effort here loosing pounds. Maybe he is able to move faster that would rise him imo. Struggled a bit in pass pro and space to me which did not excite me. Would rather have Moore due to versality

A little bit faster than i expected. Good for him since speed to cover deep routes is like the only concern with Surtain to me

never heard of him..great 40 time...size looks like WILL LB to me or where do you project him regarding position and round?
I talked about Barnes somewhere. Either the LB thread or here. I'll try to track it down when I can. I'd try him inside than weak. 3rd Round.

*edit* 3rd is where I have him. I think he goes a lil later 4-5 in the draft.

I talked about Barnes somewhere. Either the LB thread or here. I'll try to track it down when I can. I'd try him inside than weak. 3rd Round.

*edit* 3rd is where I have him. I think he goes a lil later 4-5 in the draft.
Then i missed that one sorry

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back