PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

Love the Zaven Collins pick...and the Tylan Wallace pick...and the Benjamin St Juste pick...

#46 is 30 picks too early for Mills...

And I absolutely, positively Hate the rest of them, starting with a ****ING SAFETY at 122...
Love the Zaven Collins pick

Who do you prefer from the 2nd tier QB’s?
I kinda like Trask

Davis Mills is on a dramatic rise or at least the media is cottoning on to how some teams see him. I've heard talk of the late first being an option for him and he isn't getting out of round 2. Seems pretty clear that if we want him, 46 seems an obvious spot now. Not sure how we'd feel about trading up to 32 for the 5th year option.

He's grown on me a bit and I can at least buy into his upside - 5 star recruit, had injuries but has the physical tools, only 11 starts so has untapped potential to grow, and has flashed NFL starter ability at times etc - where as Mond seems to be what he is at this point. 32 seems a stretch but I'd be on board in the 2nd round - similar to when we took Garoppolo.

Davis Mills is on a dramatic rise or at least the media is cottoning on to how some teams see him. I've heard talk of the late first being an option for him and he isn't getting out of round 2. Seems pretty clear that if we want him, 46 seems an obvious spot now. Not sure how we'd feel about trading up to 32 for the 5th year option.

He's grown on me a bit and I can at least buy into his upside - 5 star recruit, had injuries but has the physical tools, only 11 starts so has untapped potential to grow, and has flashed NFL starter ability at times etc - where as Mond seems to be what he is at this point. 32 seems a stretch but I'd be on board in the 2nd round - similar to when we took Garoppolo.
Mills is basically living off of his 5-star recruit status, his arm, and the fact that he looked clunky because of the knee brace and has looked better without it. I still see a guy who throws off his back foot way too often with a high turnover rate in the pros. I’d have preferred he stay another year in college.

Love the Zaven Collins pick

Who do you prefer from the 2nd tier QB’s?
I kinda like Trask

So do I...I would be more comfortable if Bill chose Trask at #46 than if he chose either Mills or especially Mond there...much more comfortable...

Last edited:
Charley Casserly had Fields going to Pittsburgh at 24. Apparently he thinks the Pats will pass on Fields for a corner.

And here's a seven-rounder, no Pats trades, that definitely doesn't care about need.

I'm good with Parsons & Stokes at 15 & 46...

I'm looking for a bigger beef curtain than Togiai, especially at 96...I would've gone with WR Dyami Brown here...

Kendrick Green (& Aaron Banks too) over Robert Jones all day every day...

I'm good with DE Rashod Weaver at 122...

If I take Banks at 120 then I'm taking DT Bobby Brown at 139...

I won't object to two CBs - tops - being drafted; but at 177 I'm taking another WR first, either Joshua Palmer or Shi Smith, or even Dax Milne...

I'm good with best available CB at 188, though I seriously doubt it's Tre Norwood here...

If I take Banks at 139 then I'm taking DT Khyiris Tonga at 197; if I take Brown at 139 then I'm taking either OTs D'Ante Smith/Jaylon Moore, or G/Cs Jimmy Morrissey/Merrimack's own Sam Cooper...
Never heard of Larnel Coleman, even if he's from UMass...

#242 is Reserved...for Ben Mason baby!

Charley Casserly had Fields going to Pittsburgh at 24. Apparently he thinks the Pats will pass on Fields for a corner.

The NFLN needs to drop Casserly and give his air time to Scott Pioli.

They could, if they don't view him as being worth #15, but I imagine they'd be able to trade down in that case.

Last edited:
If Fields is there at 15 and we don't want him, someone will give us a kings ransom for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down at that point but I'd be stunned to see us simply pass him up and pick.

If Fields is there at 15 and we don't want him, someone will give us a kings ransom for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down at that point but I'd be stunned to see us simply pass him up and pick.

Exactly...Casserly's an idiot.

Jacksonville - qb Lawrence clemson
Jets - qb Wilson byu
San Fran - qb Jones alabama
Atlanta - qb lance n Dakota st
Cincy - ot Sewell oregon
Miami - te pitts florida
Detroit - wr chase lsu
Carolina - ot slater northwestern
Denver - qb fields osu
Dallas - cb surtain Alabama
Trade patriots - wr waddle Alabama

Traded away future picks and late rounders to make 9 selections in the top 96.

1618537244985.png

Jacksonville - qb Lawrence clemson
Jets - qb Wilson byu
San Fran - qb Jones alabama
Atlanta - qb lance n Dakota st
Cincy - ot Sewell oregon
Miami - te pitts florida
Detroit - wr chase lsu
Carolina - ot slater northwestern
Denver - qb fields osu
Dallas - cb surtain Alabama
Trade patriots - wr waddle Alabama
1) I don't think that CIN will pass on Chase.
2) DET will trade down with someone. Even if DEN gets Fields, they will need to trade up a couple of spots to be sure.

That would be a great draft though I don't know if there is room for 2 defensive ends (you're missing a safety and kicker)
I think Weaver projects to play inside some, and can play rush DT in sub formations. Heard that on a podcast so weather it's true or not I don't know.

I think he still ends up sliding to the second round. I know he was a five star recruit but I don’t think his tape is anything to be too excited about and his upside may look good but he does get injured a lot. My thing is if we don’t think any of the top 5 qbs of this class are perfect fits for the team then I’m hoping we don’t even bother on a qb. Let’s use all the picks we have to bring as much young talent to the roster that really needs it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back