PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

My thing is if we don’t think any of the top 5 qbs of this class are perfect fits for the team then I’m hoping we don’t even bother on a qb. Let’s use all the picks we have to bring as much young talent to the roster that really needs it.

I think Lawrence would be fantastic for us. Best qb to come out of college since Peyton.

fields and Jones are too slow getting through their read progression.

Wilson is probably only suited for an outside zone blocking scheme.

lance, three years from now, could be the best qb is football or working at McDonald’s. Ultimate boom or bust player.

I agree with you 100 percent, unless Lawrence falls to 15, we need to draft players especially more position talent. We have around 28 free agents at the end of the 2021 season and we will have holes to fill.

so let’s use this year to get quality backups that can start in 2022.

I think Lawrence would be fantastic for us. Best qb to come out of college since Peyton.

fields and Jones are too slow getting through their read progression.

Wilson is probably only suited for an outside zone blocking scheme.

lance, three years from now, could be the best qb is football or working at McDonald’s. Ultimate boom or bust player.

I agree with you 100 percent, unless Lawrence falls to 15, we need to draft players especially more position talent. We have around 28 free agents at the end of the 2021 season and we will have holes to fill.

so let’s use this year to get quality backups that can start in 2022.

I absolutely agree about Lawrence but I think if Jacksonville somehow don’t make that pick then they should force a sale of the team because that would be a shame.

If we dont get a qb then I’m not too upset and hope we can fill out the roster with young players and maybe we can have a shot at rattler next year.

Any centers in this draft have experience playing other OL spots, or project to?

Any centers in this draft have experience playing other OL spots, or project to?
First possible Centers that pop my mind are Meinerz, ****erson and Moore with their versality. Humphrey did not play G i believe..don't know about the possible versality of Myers, Dalman etc..

Dane Brugler's draft guide lists the number of starts at each position. Here's every player listed as starting a game at both center and another position. This doesn't include things like playing a different position at the Senior Bowl (Moore) or being projected to a different position than he played in college (Meinerz).

Day 1-2:
****erson (Alabama) - 20 OC, 11 RG, 4 LG, 1 LT, 1 RT

Day 2-3:
Green (Illinois) - 29 LG, 4 OC
Dalman (Stanford) - 20 OC, 2 RG

Day 3-FA:
Farniok (Nebraska) - 26 RT, 9 RG, 1 OC
Hill (Georgia) - 22 OC, 4 RG
Morrissey (Pittsburgh) - 46 OC, 1 RG
McCollum (Texas A&M) - 10 OC, 7 LG, 6 RG
Heggie (Florida) - 15 LG, 12 OC, 4 RG
Crider (Indiana) - 12 LG, 9 OC

First one I did this year on Fanspeak, no trade version.
I only did 5 rounds because not following CFB like I used to

15: R1 P15 WR Ja'Marr Chase - LSU

46: R2 P14 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

96: R3 P32 C Quinn Meinerz - Wisconsin-Whitewater

120: R4 P15 QB Kellen Mond - Texas A&M

122: R4 P17 DL Tyler Shelvin - LSU

139: R4 P34 CB Kary Vincent Jr. - LSU

177: R5 P33 WR Damonte Coxie - Memphis

Traded away future picks and late rounders to make 9 selections in the top 96.

View attachment 32177

I dig the concept...But #46 is WAY too early for Walker Little...I don't think he'll ever be a viable option at Left Tackle; he looks more like a Right Tackle-only dude...

And I'm opposed to using ANY draft pick this year on a RB...Bill had his chances in 2018 and in the 7th round of 2017, and Already used a 2019 pick on Harris; so where's the need for Williams at 62?...We only need a UDFA or two for camp competition...But if All of our other, Real needs are filled by this point, then I would Love to use #242 on Michigan FB/TE/Short-Yardage Back/STer Ben Mason...

I would love this mock. View attachment 32227

I love Ben Mason more than most...see my post above...But...122 is way, Way, WAY too early for my taste...

Not a Deonte Brown fan for what we need at OL right now, which is to find a possible starter at Left G/T and Not another wide-body Right-side Only dude...

Last edited:

(EDIT: Didn't see PatsFanFromOverseas reply before posting this one)

Landon ****erson...But I wouldn't touch him until Day 3;

Creed Humphrey could probably line up Anywhere on the C/LG/LT side, he's that good;

Quinn Meinerz & David Moore are shorter prospects (think Shaq Mason) who played Guard in college but might have to move to Center;

Kendrick Green & Jimmy Morrissey both have enough size & athletic ability for either Center or LG;

Josh Myers could probably play both Guard spots as well as Center;

Trey Hill is HUGE for a Center, so he might have to move to RG anyway.

Used PFF to do a full first round mock. Only trade was between us and Detroit. What stood out to me was the number of teams with a glaring need at OT and the number of quality tackles available. Between the run on QBs and the run on OTs, we should have a stud available to us at 15 if we stay put.

1618847615408.png

I think this was the first time I drafted Fields... though the Lions would be insane to make that trade, whatever, I would have offered whatever it took to make it happen. Also getting used to crappy grades trading late round picks and future late rounders to get to additional 2nd/3rd.. I'd make those trades every time, especially this year.

1618877028743.png

This one was fun (and took forever). My target was Lance because he started to slip but ended up drafted by Carolina, so I traded down. Parsons and Horn were still on the board at 15, but my goal was to get Horn at 19, but he got drafted at 18... so I traded down again for Newsome who I was pretty sure I'd get at 23. Pretty much winged it from there. I don't care about drafting players at positions we seem "set" at, injuries, older players, whatever, if the guys you draft beat out other players then you did a good job.

1618886354772.png

This one was fun (and took forever). My target was Lance because he started to slip but ended up drafted by Carolina, so I traded down. Parsons and Horn were still on the board at 15, but my goal was to get Horn at 19, but he got drafted at 18... so I traded down again for Newsome who I was pretty sure I'd get at 23. Pretty much winged it from there. I don't care about drafting players at positions we seem "set" at, injuries, older players, whatever, if the guys you draft beat out other players then you did a good job.

View attachment 32246
I would be down with this one, other than Newsome. . . .

I think this was the first time I drafted Fields... though the Lions would be insane to make that trade, whatever, I would have offered whatever it took to make it happen. Also getting used to crappy grades trading late round picks and future late rounders to get to additional 2nd/3rd.. I'd make those trades every time, especially this year.

View attachment 32243
Even Nike couldn't make those last two trades happen. . . . :eek:

PFF really lets you get away with a lot of trades. Didn’t force trade any of these, acquired 2 future 1sts and traded no future picks away. Plus got this draft haul! Unrealistic, but fun.

Attachments

• 5E78093B-5C9E-4646-90BA-FDBD31E9EF4B.png
    5E78093B-5C9E-4646-90BA-FDBD31E9EF4B.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 18
PFF really lets you get away with a lot of trades. Didn’t force trade any of these, acquired 2 future 1sts and traded no future picks away. Plus got this draft haul! Unrealistic, but fun.
You would think at some point teams would notice and stop trading. . . .

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back