PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Draft: Bold Predictions (in poop)

This is a naive statement that is not supported by historical precedent. Both are incredibly talented but more likely than not one of them will be a bust, or at a minimum will not be a franchise QB.
Disagree. The point of moving up is to grab a potential franchise QB. That’s the hope. If Fields or Lance are busts, then it doesn’t make any sense to move up. A franchise QB should be on your team for 10 to 15 years. Like Tom Brady, Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes.

No player comes into the league with a guarantee of becoming a franchise player but you hope they become one. Trevor Lawrence, Zac Wilson, Fields, Jones and Lance can all turn out to be busts, but it doesn’t mean you don’t take a chance they might turn out to be great players. It is all about taking a chance and hoping.

The number one need on this team is QB, before anything else. I am a cam supporter, wanted to Patriots to sign him last offseason and for him to be re-signed. That aside he is just not the future QB for the Patriots due to age, play wise, the direction of the team. The team needs a young QB for the long term and that’s not Cam Newton

Figured this could be a fun thread without judgement or arguing. :cool:

So go ahead and throw your best hand full of fecies of your choosing at the big board!

We can come back and see what stuck!

My bold prediction, written in chicken poop!

NE walks away from Thursday night with one of Jones/Fields or Lance.....AND Jimmy ****ing G. Without giving up more than one future first round pick (I think they do this without giving up a future first, but we all can't be the John Holmes of BOLD predictions.) The rest of the NFL world's heads explode and swear jars will be over flowing with nickels in homes of NFL fans across the country!

Ultimately bringing joy to countless Americans under 48" tall!

I think Belichick is smart enough to know that he cannot count on Garoppolo being his long term solution. So I can see him walking away with both Garoppolo and Fields or Lance or Mills or another QB taken in the first two rounds.

Garoppolo would make the Pats potential contenders now. With the talent the Pats have now and a healthy Garoppolo should be able to have the potential to do what the 9ers did in 2019 (and possibly win that last game). He would also allow the Pats to let the draft QB sit for a year or even a year and a half or even two and develop.

I think Fields could have the potential of a Aaron Rodgers type of drop. Maybe not to 24 like Rodgers, but maybe to the mid to high teens after starting the draft process as the consensus #2 overall pick. So the Pats could be in a position to drafting him without even having to make a trade. Lance may be falling too, but of course, he started the draft process as more of a late first/early second round pick.

Trade Gilmore for Jimmy G, trade JC Jackson for 2 mid round picks, trade back in the first round and take a risk on Caleb Farley, draft Davis Mills in the second, trade Kneal Harry for a fourth round pick to receiver needy Carolina.
Trade back up into the second to take both Rashad Bateman and Josh Palmer.

I am going with the Pats going with the Pats acquiring two QBs by the end of this weekend. They trade a fourth round pick for Garoppolo and draft Fields at 15. Cam will be given his release and pocket $3.5 million for being a place holder.

You draft Fields or Lance you don’t have to worry about picking a QB for the next 10 years. If fields develops into a franchise player, it allows you to invest in improving the rest of the team. Going year to year QB wise is how you become the Jets, Jaguars, Dolphins, Lions, Bengals, even the bills etc. Don’t do that.

If you somehow manage to draft BOTH Fields AND Lance your odds of having a franchise QB for the next 10 years are still less than 50%. The numbers don't lie.

Last edited:
NE walks away from Thursday night with one of Jones/Fields or Lance.....AND Jimmy ****ing G.
I thought I was experiencing a post-vaccine fog but that must of been you inside my head rummaging around the upper chambers where I store my deepest draft thoughts.
Yes....you are correct.........BB double dips
After SF's #3 pick is announced, NE and SF quickly notify the league of a trade: JG to NE for a 2022 3rd rounder.
The timing of the announcement is key.
QB needy teams will suddenly not worry about a NE QB swoop and therefore be less aggressive in their QB pursuit believing one less team is in the mix.
Then........booooooom
BB throws an over the top haymaker
#15 plus Gilmore to move up for the shiny new QB who will lead our NEP in the next great era of dominant football

BB's back baby

1619696641396.png

This is a naive statement that is not supported by historical precedent. Both are incredibly talented but more likely than not one of them will be a bust, or at a minimum will not be a franchise QB.
How many top 10 QBs went to a team that has what the patriots do in terms of coaching, system, OL, running game, TEs, and defense and failed?
Qbs bust because they don’t get coached up and play on crappy teams that they have to try and carry before they are ready.

As crazy ideas go "trade up in 1st for QB AND get Jimmy G if he's cheap" is pretty good.

Lance slips to where the Pats can grab him. Otherwise, trade back employing their best value available approach except pick Mills higher than projected somewhere in the back end first or early second round. The BVA approach works unless your ego or gut feeling overrides the consensus of scouts to pick the wrong players. Listening to all the scouts in the room makes this a better draft no matter where they maneuver to get the picks they want.

I predict 90% of people wouldn't be satisfied if Marty McFly turned up in his Delorean with 1981 Joe Montana for company. We will get countless calls for BB's head.

LOL
I predict 90% of people wouldn't be satisfied if Marty McFly turned up in his Delorean with 1981 Joe Montana for company. We will get countless calls for BB's head.
Let Wolf make the pick please.
On a side note was on a niners board and they think they get this and next years second for Jimmy G.
If that happens hate to say it BB should be relieved of any personnel power.

Vontae Mack no matter what..

1st round stay at 15 BPA Phillips, Horn, Surtain, Tucker or Parsons. 2nd Round Barmore or Nixon, 3rd Mond QB, one 4th used for Jimmy G., one for WR Shi Smith or Semi Fehoko, one for OG Green. 5th Tackle Christensen, 6th Edge Robinson, other 6th Kicker no one knows or likes, 7th wrestler from school that doesn't have a football program

Bill trades Gilmore to Carolina for #8 and a third… to select Micah Parsons. Then later trades his 2nd rounder & a 4th rounder to get into the end of the 1st again… to draft Christian Darrisaw.

No Jimmy trade materializes, and Bill ultimately takes Trask with one of his 3rds (the Carolina one). A few days after the draft, SF cuts Garoppolo and Bill picks him up on a new 3 year deal with a low cost first year. Signs Richard Sherman too.

(I don’t think this will actually happen but it would be entertaining)

Last edited:
preparing myself for no qb on day one and the possibility of trading out of the first round. i'm just glad i'm in the UK so i can just go to sleep and wake up and it's all done.

How many top 10 QBs went to a team that has what the patriots do in terms of coaching, system, OL, running game, TEs, and defense and failed?
Qbs bust because they don’t get coached up and play on crappy teams that they have to try and carry before they are ready.

Please share the data set you are analyzing that leads you to this conclusion.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back