PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Mock Drafts

That would indeed be sweet if Kinlaw fell to us at 23...He's one of only about a half-dozen players for whom I would keep 23 instead of trade down...
Agree. Who would be the 1/2 dozen you would target before a trade down?

Agree. Who would be the 1/2 dozen you would target before a trade down?

Besides Kinlaw, the others would be fellow DT Derek Brown, LB Ken Murray, OTs Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs & Andrew Thomas, WR Jerry Jeudy...and QB Justin Herbert. I understand why some people here don't care for him a whole lot, but I figure if he's there at 23 then you have to gamble on greatness...

If we still had our 2nd-rounder (& Tom F Brady) then I would also have no problem choosing at #23 LT Austin Jackson (& maybe Ezra Cleveland too), RT Mekhi Becton, C/G Cesar Ruiz, DE AJ Epenesa, LBs Zach Baun or Klavon Chaisson, or FS Xavier McKinney...

Last edited:
Tony Pauline just updated his top 300 & position rankings, so I decided to do another mock, with lots of trades:

33. Zack Baun
OLB - Wisconsin

65. Cesar Ruiz
C/G - Michigan

98. Van Jefferson
WR - Florida

105. Leki Fotu
DT - Utah

107. Harrison Bryant
TE - FAU

125. Michael Ojemudia
DB - Iowa

141. Saahdiq Charles
OT - LSU

172. Tanner Muse
S/LB - Clemson

195. Quez Watkins
WR - Southern Miss

215. James Smith-Williams
DE - NC State

230. Dalton Keene
TE - VA Tech

241. Reggie Robinson II
DB - Tulsa

2021 CIN 2nd

As soon as all of my very top guys were taken before #23, I targeted Zach Baun on defense & Cesar Ruiz on offense and began to trade down, the last of which was with the Bungles, from whom I secured their 2nd-rounder next year, in case we need more ammunition to Tank for Trevor...I went under the ass-umption that David Andrews will be good to go for TC, so I took Baun and to my good fortune, Ruiz was still available at 65...

Tony Pauline just updated his top 300 & position rankings, so I decided to do another mock, with lots of trades:

33. Zack Baun
OLB - Wisconsin

65. Cesar Ruiz
C/G - Michigan

98. Van Jefferson
WR - Florida

105. Leki Fotu
DT - Utah

107. Harrison Bryant
TE - FAU

125. Michael Ojemudia
DB - Iowa

141. Saahdiq Charles
OT - LSU

172. Tanner Muse
S/LB - Clemson

195. Quez Watkins
WR - Southern Miss

DE - NC State

230. Dalton Keene
TE - VA Tech

241. Reggie Robinson II
DB - Tulsa

2021 CIN 2nd

As soon as all of my very top guys were taken before #23, I targeted Zach Baun on defense & Cesar Ruiz on offense and began to trade down, the last of which was with the Bungles, from whom I secured their 2nd-rounder next year, in case we need more ammunition to Tank for Trevor...I went under the ass-umption that David Andrews will be good to go for TC, so I took Baun and to my good fortune, Ruiz was still available at 65...

i would be happy with the first 5 picks you have. That would make us a much better team.

33. Zack Baun
OLB - Wisconsin

65. Cesar Ruiz
C/G - Michigan

98. Van Jefferson
WR - Florida

105. Leki Fotu
DT - Utah

107. Harrison Bryant
TE - FAU

125. Michael Ojemudia
DB - Iowa

141. Saahdiq Charles
OT - LSU

172. Tanner Muse
S/LB - Clemson

195. Quez Watkins
WR - Southern Miss

DE - NC State

230. Dalton Keene
TE - VA Tech

241. Reggie Robinson II
DB - Tulsa

2021 CIN 2nd

Great draft for ne.

Besides Kinlaw, the others would be fellow DT Derek Brown, LB Ken Murray, OTs Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs & Andrew Thomas, WR Jerry Jeudy...and QB Justin Herbert. I understand why some people here don't care for him a whole lot, but I figure if he's there at 23 then you have to gamble on greatness...

If we still had our 2nd-rounder (& Tom F Brady) then I would also have no problem choosing at #23 LT Austin Jackson (& maybe Ezra Cleveland too), RT Mekhi Becton, C/G Cesar Ruiz, DE AJ Epenesa, LBs Zach Baun or Klavon Chaisson, or FS Xavier McKinney...

Tried PFN. Traded down with Bears. I like this draft.
Ross Blacklock
DT TCU
Raekwon Davis
DT Alabama
Darrell Taylor
OLB Tennessee
Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame
Van Jefferson
WR Florida
Khaleke Hudson
ILB Michigan
Hakeem Adeniji
OT Kansas
Broderick Washington Jr.
DT Texas Tech
Tyrie Cleveland
WR Florida
James Smith-Williams
DE NC State
Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami
Dalton Keene
TE VA Tech
Justin Strnad
ILB Wake Forest

Ross Blacklock
DT TCU
Raekwon Davis
DT Alabama
Darrell Taylor
OLB Tennessee
Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame
Van Jefferson
WR Florida
Khaleke Hudson
ILB Michigan
Hakeem Adeniji
OT Kansas
Broderick Washington Jr.
DT Texas Tech
Tyrie Cleveland
WR Florida
James Smith-Williams
DE NC State
Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami
Dalton Keene
TE VA Tech
Justin Strnad
ILB Wake Forest
Though I like your draft I doubt BB takes 13 players. He still likes himself UFA's and having to add 20 rookies or so (not that half of them will make the team) seems unlikely. He's yet to add to the team, in terms of veterans, in areas of need so who knows how many players he'll wind up picking. I think he may trade some players and trade for some players. Get to work Bill. No Days Off!

Ross Blacklock
DT TCU
Raekwon Davis
DT Alabama
Darrell Taylor
OLB Tennessee
Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame
Van Jefferson
WR Florida
Khaleke Hudson
ILB Michigan
Hakeem Adeniji
OT Kansas
Broderick Washington Jr.
DT Texas Tech
Tyrie Cleveland
WR Florida
James Smith-Williams
DE NC State
Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami
Dalton Keene
TE VA Tech
Justin Strnad
ILB Wake Forest

3 DTs AND 3 LBs is overkill at the expense of other positions, such as OL (Adeniji will be a Guard in the NFL, not a Tackle) and Safety...

3 DTs AND 3 LBs is overkill at the expense of other positions, such as OL (Adeniji will be a Guard in the NFL, not a Tackle) and Safety...

Does bb need to draft a safety in this draft?

D mccourty is locked up for two years.
Chung is near his expiration date, but still serviceable.
Brooks is nothing great, but can play the position.
Williams has to move from corner to safety, where he is better suited.
Obi has been in the system for two years. Is he a player?
Plus we signed one (maybe two guys, depending on your point of view) in free agency.

I think we need to add a safety in this draft, but we have other holes to fill.

If we add a safety, there are two that I like:

1.) chinn of southern Illinois has great tape, but against weak competition.
2.) Wallace of Clemson has decent tape, but he comes with a few warts!

Got lucky and Lamb felt down. I don't think this will happen but he can be our No. 1 WR. Let Harry Edelman Byrd Sanu Meyers compete for the other spots. I took two TE's in the mid rounds to make our offense less predictable and this gives us two mismatch Weapons for the Red Zone or third and short. I took Fotu, but i don't prefer him, but we need a Disruptor in our D-Line. Fotu is a good run stuffer. He needs some time, but can help us immediately against run heavy teams. Logan Wilson is a LB with good speed and coverage Skills which we don't really have.
I expect Bill to draft a Kicker, but hopefully in the seventh round.
I ran als also a Mock where i traded down with the Bears and drafted Baun and Blacklock in the second. I only would draft at 23 if we can get lamb Jeudy Thomas Wirfs Ruggs Kinlaw or one of the top QB (Love is not included).

CeeDee Lamb
WR Oklahoma
Logan Wilson
ILB Wyoming
Hunter Bryant
TE Washington
Leki Fotu
DT Utah
Harrison Bryant
TE FAU
Nick Harris
C Washington
Bravvion Roy
DT Baylor
Cole McDonald
QB Hawaii
Casey Toohill
OLB Stanford
Yasir Durant
OT Missouri
Lamar Jackson
CB Nebraska
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern

Understood. I was more interested in trading down to get the two DT's in the 2nd round Blacklock and Davis. I was hoping for one to be around when they were both there I couldn't pass up. I got a little crazy after the Hudson pick on ILB'sand DE's. Happens

Got lucky and Lamb felt down. I don't think this will happen but he can be our No. 1 WR. Let Harry Edelman Byrd Sanu Meyers compete for the other spots. I took two TE's in the mid rounds to make our offense less predictable and this gives us two mismatch Weapons for the Red Zone or third and short. I took Fotu, but i don't prefer him, but we need a Disruptor in our D-Line. Fotu is a good run stuffer. He needs some time, but can help us immediately against run heavy teams. Logan Wilson is a LB with good speed and coverage Skills which we don't really have.
I expect Bill to draft a Kicker, but hopefully in the seventh round.
I ran als also a Mock where i traded down with the Bears and drafted Baun and Blacklock in the second. I only would draft at 23 if we can get lamb Jeudy Thomas Wirfs Ruggs Kinlaw or one of the top QB (Love is not included).

CeeDee Lamb
WR Oklahoma
Logan Wilson
ILB Wyoming
Hunter Bryant
TE Washington
Leki Fotu
DT Utah
Harrison Bryant
TE FAU
Nick Harris
C Washington
Bravvion Roy
DT Baylor
Cole McDonald
QB Hawaii
Casey Toohill
OLB Stanford
Yasir Durant
OT Missouri
Lamar Jackson
CB Nebraska
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern
I like this mock

Does bb need to draft a safety in this draft?

D mccourty is locked up for two years.
Chung is near his expiration date, but still serviceable.
Brooks is nothing great, but can play the position.
Williams has to move from corner to safety, where he is better suited.
Obi has been in the system for two years. Is he a player?
Plus we signed one (maybe two guys, depending on your point of view) in free agency.

I think we need to add a safety in this draft, but we have other holes to fill.

If we add a safety, there are two that I like:

1.) chinn of southern Illinois has great tape, but against weak competition.
2.) Wallace of Clemson has decent tape, but he comes with a few warts!

I have Safety behind TE, WR, LB & DT (& maybe OL depending on health) on my list of needs ... Chung is too unreliable (Exhibit A: 3rd/goal during the 1st quarter of the PO loss) and Terry Brooks absolutely feckin sucks (Exhibit A: the same 3rd/goal play)...

I also like Chinn and would love to take him with one of our 3rds, but he will likely be gone by then...I also like Wallace as a possible McCourty understudy (similar athletic profile), maybe as early as 125 though I would prefer to use 172 on him...

Pfn mock draft simulator

23. Aj Epenesa DE Iowa
87. Raekwon Davis DT Alabama
98. Adam Trautman TE Dayton
100. Van Jefferson WR Florida
125. John Simpson G Clemson
172. Antoine Brooks jr S Maryland
195. Chapelle Russell OLB Temple
204. Kendall Coleman DE Syracuse
212. Malcolm Perry RB Navy
213. Tyler Bass K Georgia Southern
230. Brandon Bowen OT Ohio State
241. Traded for 2021 6th w/Titans

I have Safety behind TE, WR, LB & DT (& maybe OL depending on health) on my list of needs ... Chung is too unreliable (Exhibit A: 3rd/goal during the 1st quarter of the PO loss) and Terry Brooks absolutely feckin sucks (Exhibit A: the same 3rd/goal play)...

I also like Chinn and would love to take him with one of our 3rds, but he will likely be gone by then...I also like Wallace as a possible McCourty understudy (similar athletic profile), maybe as early as 125 though I would prefer to use 172 on him...

Totally agree. I can't see Brooks as something else than a rotational Player.

Totally agree. I can't see Brooks as something else than a rotational player.
I don't see him as even that.

Slater's re-signed...Justin Bethel (& Obi-Won too I hope) is already here...Adrian Phillips & Cody Davis have been added...Bethel, Obi-Won, Phillips & Davis are also all listed as Safeties...
I see Terry Brooks as completely redundant here and nothing more than a total waste of roster resources...I want him gone, added to the list of Little Billy's pet projects who instead ended-up costing us a playoff game.

I don't see him as even that.

Slater's re-signed...Justin Bethel (& Obi-Won too I hope) is already here...Adrian Phillips & Cody Davis have been added...Bethel, Obi-Won, Phillips & Davis are also all listed as Safeties...
I see Terry Brooks as completely redundant here and nothing more than a total waste of roster resources...I want him gone, added to the list of Little Billy's pet projects who instead ended-up costing us a playoff game.

Yeah true. It depends if BB sees Obi-Won as good enough, a cut could make Sense, especially if we draft a safety.

FWIW, I expect the Patriots to draft a K no later than the sixth round. I think the fifth round is even more likely, and even the fourth isn't out of the question.

Feel out of love with mocks after years of wasted effort, but B/R (Matt Miller) had an interesting one this morning:
2020 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Post-Free-Agency Predictions
Haul for NE
23) I'd rather have Epenesa at DE...or better still LBs Ken Murray or Zach Baun.

87) Love the Trautman pick.

98) Like the Bowden pick...though I'm torn between him and Van Jefferson right now...

100) Dye's been a productive player, but he might be damaged goods already...I'd rather have DTs Leki Fotu or Davon Hamilton here so Fat Thor doesn't play...or even stay...

125) Love the Biadasz pick...IF his shoulder's good to go...

172) Lavert Hill's ok I guess, but I'd rather take my chances on the more physically impressive & versatile Michael Ojemudia, or on Safeties K'Von Wallace, JR Reed or Josh Metellus to help replace Harmon (& hopefully Chung too)...

195) No doubt that Willie Gay's a specimen, but his instincts are questionable, as is his character ... If I have to go LB here I'd rather take a less athletic but more reliable one such as Evan Weaver or Shaquille Quarterman...

204) Absolutely feckin Hate this feckin pick...No feckin RBs!

212) Driscoll's a New Englander & UMass grad, but he might not be able to stay outside at this level...Texas Tech OT Terence Steele is a project, but also a better prospect than Driscoll...

213) No feckin QBs either!

230) Really like the Quez Watkins pick...probably the best remaining WR available, and we did need to double-up at this position, among others...

241) Don't really like this pick though...I'd rather just double-up at TE here with Jake Breeland (IF his knee passes muster) or CJ O'Grady...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back