PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Rookie Wide Receiver Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know ours is injured N Harry that is but the class in general looks very promising early on which makes me feel good about Harry going forward. I mean even J. Meyers have been good for us in limited action. When you look at the selections.

Hollywood Brown = been very good for Baltimore

Harry = *Injured*

Deebo Samuel = been very good for Jimmy G a lot of us here like him for the Patriots.

A.J. Brown = we know who is holding him back:rolleyes: he is my favorite from the class a shame he wound up in Tennessee with a horrible QB.

Mecole Hardman = Been a Beast for KC Huge Average per catch.:eek: They are not missing that other Speed guy currently but will be doubly dangerous when he returns. KC is loaded with Speed at WR.

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside = nothing yet.

Parris Campbell = might hit his stride later for Brissett.

Andy Isabella = thought he would have made an early impact not yet ready for prime time.

D.K. Metcalf = been a Man among boys for Seattle Great pick where they got him.

Terry McLaurin = have already been Impact-full for the Skins who plays Tonight.

That's it for now we know with WR's some guys get it going in year two but that's a lot
from the position already so early on in season one.

Last edited:
Early indications of a decent class. Brown & McLaurin look great. A few others are flashing as role players. Hopefully Harry joins them.

Meyers hasn’t looked out of place vs. the Steelers & Jets.

I have to say I still have not recovered from the patriots passing on Keenan Allen for Aaron Dobson, so a lot of pressure on Harry to live up to his draft slot..especially with metcalf looking like a future pro bowler.

I have to say I still have not recovered from the patriots passing on Keenan Allen for Aaron Dobson, so a lot of pressure on Harry to live up to his draft slot..especially with metcalf looking like a future pro bowler.

Seattle have done well Drafting WR's a few years back Lockett now Metcalf good young guys to build around.

wide receivers are early contributors in the NFL 2019. I have zero doubt about Harry

AJ Brown for Tennessee had a 100 yard game week 1 but has been shaking off an injury.

Hollywood Brown made an incredible catch vs KC yesterday. Guy looks like he's going to be a star in this league.

Mclaurin has shown flashes.

AJ Brown for Tennessee had a 100 yard game week 1 but has been shaking off an injury.

Hollywood Brown made an incredible catch vs KC yesterday. Guy looks like he's going to be a star in this league.

Mclaurin has shown flashes.

Hollywood is tiny and injury prone. We ll see.

Yes, indeed. But he is a bigger guy so overall should have a healthier career. Time will tell.
Hopefully, healthier productive Patriots career. Meyers and other WR drafted after him have shown more.

Parris Campbell is going to be more involved with Indy’s offense. No doubt. Most of the other WRs on your list are looking very good. Hardman is a beast.

I don't know if N'Keal comes back from IR unless Jakob Johnson can replicate 80% of James Develin's production. Develin and Isaiah Wynn should be priorities since they play important roles on offense, whereas N'Keal is arguably not even better than Dorsett, and Meyers has outperformed him in limited pre-season playing time.

I really hope N'Keal can succeed here because it'd be a punch in the face if the first Patriots first-round WR pick since Terry Glenn gets outperformed by other guys (and undrafted Jakobi Meyers) in the same draft.

Pretty impossible to judge whether or not K'Neal is a draft bust at this stage of the game ..

From what I have read and seen he will probably be a good WR when he makes it from the tub to the club..

Consider Harry played in one preseason game and had 2 receptions and 2 targets...

While Meyers played in 4 preseason games and had 20 receptions and was targeted 28 times..

Difficult comparisons to say the least..

I don't know if N'Keal comes back from IR unless Jakob Johnson can replicate 80% of James Develin's production. Develin and Isaiah Wynn should be priorities since they play important roles on offense, whereas N'Keal is arguably not even better than Dorsett, and Meyers has outperformed him in limited pre-season playing time.

I really hope N'Keal can succeed here because it'd be a punch in the face if the first Patriots first-round WR pick since Terry Glenn gets outperformed by other guys (and undrafted Jakobi Meyers) in the same draft.

He played 1 preseason game and got injured (and he reaggrevated an injury). He caught 2 passes on 2 targets with 1 highlight catch.

It's beyond me how you can say he got outperformed when he did all you could ask of him when he played. It's unfortunate he got injured but some dumb statement floating around.

And why would we stunt his development by leaving him on IR? Makes zero sense. A huge commitment has been made. Not to mention that Gordon could easily be gone during the year and that leaves with a very weak WR corps.

He played 1 preseason game and got injured (and he reaggrevated an injury). He caught 2 passes on 2 targets with 1 highlight catch.

It's beyond me how you can say he got outperformed when he did all you could ask of him when he played. It's unfortunate he got injured but some dumb statement floating around.

And why would we stunt his development by leaving him on IR? Makes zero sense. A huge commitment has been made. Not to mention that Gordon could easily be gone during the year and that leaves with a very weak WR corps.

Jakobi Meyers (and Maurice Harris) was outperforming him during training camp, too. Does training camp not count as pre-season? I didn't say pre-season games.

It's reasonable to expect a first-round pick to step in and outperform a UDFA and a journeyman WR. In addition, Belichick picked a WR in the first round when the Patriots are notorious for drafting more WR busts than gems. Then, they went ahead and picked a guy who isn't good at getting separation.

I'm not saying N'Keal is already a bust, but I do think it is fair to say that it is slightly disappointing how N'Keal started his NFL career, especially compared to guys who had amazing starts like Terry McLaurin and Marquise Brown.

And where did I say it was going to stunt his development?

Lets not jump to gun on Harry being bad I think it's a testament to the class itself that so many guys are performing already I have hope. Two to three years from now we might be reminiscing joyfully about Harry and Meyers from this outstanding WR Draft.

Last edited:

If Wynn is good to go, you have to bring him back, no matter how well Newhouse is filling in.

If it comes down to Develin or Harry, if both are healthy and ready, it's a coin flip depending on injuries/development (Meyers and the German). In two playoff games in outdoor, cold weather, Develin would be a huge boost.

As far as "stunting" Harry's development, well, stay healthy, son. You don't sacrifice the best chance to win THIS year with next year. If BB played that way, he'd have kept Brisset and not traded for Dorsett.

He'd be Volin.

Everyone already knows what I look for in a player so I will not write it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back