PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Draft Prospect Thread

Has to come to Boston. I like the idea of moving it around. Its a great experience that should be more fan friendly considering the NFL needs it.

I love the Wisconsin defense. Those boys get after it. Oh, and as a former acrobat, props to this big man doing his thing:

I love the Wisconsin defense. Those boys get after it. Oh, and as a former acrobat, props to this big man doing his thing:

They'll have 3 OL drafted very high as well. I think Taylor is gona have a year.

We need another top 64 pick.

Potentially brown and Shelton could leave next offseason.

If so does a guy like Wilkins from Clemson interest us?

Potentially brown and Shelton could leave next offseason.

If so does a guy like Wilkins from Clemson interest us?
I'll be looking at how we use Brown, Guy this year a lot to see what if any changes we're looking for at the position but I think everyone will look at Wilkins at one point. Esp if he puts up more numbers. Regardless of who else he plays with he'd be a consistent, productive player who improved each year.

Two Ole Miss guys to keep an eye on.

TE Dawson Knox - tough, smart, versatile (HB,TE,WR,ST), mature; good hands & blocking

- Knox is athletic and offensive coordinator Phil Longo has said he's the kind of tight end you get once every 10 years.

____

A spring look at forgotten man Christian Miller. Good to see him healthy.
Bulked up, fired up .. could be a fun season finally for him (strong comp. though)

A spring look at forgotten man Christian Miller. Good to see him healthy.
Bulked up, fired up .. could be a fun season finally for him (strong comp. though)

Miller and Wilson look primed to have huge seasons. Watching them both with great interest this year.

Knox is athletic and offensive coordinator Phil Longo has said he's the kind of tight end you get once every 10 years.

Evan Engram???

Forgive me if I have a difficult time buying the hyperbole considering they just had a top 25 pick at TE. ;)

You still consider Engram TE? ;)

100% I do. He took over half his snaps inline or at h-back. He's not a dominating blocker by any means, and never will be, but he gives effort and contributed. Here's just one quick compilation of plays. Again, nothing impressive, but he's still getting the job done (mostly). He's not just a big slot.

You still consider Engram TE? ;)
Yes. I might be a lil bias but he was a VG blocker in college for his position/size & pretty much same in the NFL.

His best years are def in front of him still. That whole class will just keep blowing up. Most QB situations have improved.

Nauta is someone to watch for. Who knows what their passing attack looks like but he I guy that really has me excited.

3 Miami jr LBs to watch this yr: 55 Quarterman, 56 Pinckney, 53 McCloud. IIRC Quarterman was already posted somewhere . here a look at Michael Pinckney:

scouting report: Scouting Report: Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami - NFL DRAFT BIBLE

mature play, mature presser . maybe @BaconGrundleCandy can add him on PTP

Was actually gone hit it this weekend when I had some time to add/subtract some names. Familiar with the names but this stuff helps. Lil facts about a player, reminders etc Appreciate it.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back