PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Annual PatsFans Draft Contest

I'm dancing that I got one pick right (Winovich). That never happens.

I'm holding out on composing an ode until the last name is read. (Come on, Drew Forbes and Cole Holcomb!) But an ode shall be written.

I hope you all like your poetry rhyming, and bad.

1. Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina
2. Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M

3. Clayton Thorson QB Northwestern
4. David Montgomery RB Iowa State
5. Saivion Smith CB Alabama
6. Greg Dortch WR Wake Forest
7. Renell Wren DT Arizona State
8. Andrew Wingard S Wyoming
9. Cortez Broughton DT Cincinnati
10. Ugochukwu Amadi S Oregon
11. Penny Hart WR Georgia State

12. Trevon Wesco TE West Virginia

9 of 12 still available

I've averaged one per year including a couple of time getting two. I got Stidham and everybody else is gone so I'll take my average performance and be happy.

I'm up to 2 with Terez Hall and Foster Moreau still out there. Beaten my personal best of 1 already

For a moment the Pats had pick 133 & 134 and the top 3 available were all on my list! Then they trade a pick and take a QB... gigantic wiff by me...

The Patriots draft is a cruel mistress.

Last edited:
Pretty pleased that I got one (Cowart) even after I made up the rule for myself that I couldn't take any of the consensus players. Harry, Williams, Winovich, Harris, Cajuste, Froholdt, and Cowart were all on my shortlist, however, so I feel like I've peaked. I don't think I'll ever again do this well with getting a sense for our needs and where the roster may grow -- and even then I certainly wasn't perfect.

Next year I'll be 0-for-13. :p

4 potential UDFAs left on my board:
Saivion Smith CB Alabama

Greg Dortch WR Wake Forest
Andrew Wingard S Wyoming
Penny Hart WR Georgia State

Malik Gant is my last player to improve my score. BTW somehow I have missed this kid Joejuan.Now I am watching hus tapes and man - I am impressed how such a big CB is so agile with a great instinct.Real deal for our secondary.

You (sort of) got Gant too. Of course you did. You’re the king until next year.

1)Zac Allen DE BC
2)Dan Wise DT Kansas
3) Phil Haynes OL WF
4) Keesean Johnson WR Fresno St
5) Tim Harris DB Virginia
6) AJ Brown WR Ole Miss
7) Donnell Green OT Minn
8) Garret Brumfield OL LSU
9) Devine Ozigbo RB Nebraska
10) Julian Love CB ND
11) Isaac Nauta TE Georgia
12) Will Harris S BC

In my best R Lee Ermy impression.... I’ll be damned, I went 0-12.

1 for 12 for me. Thor came through. However if I was drafting for arizona and tennesse combined I would of went 8-12.

In my best R Lee Ermy impression.... I’ll be damned, I went 0-12.

I got one so too am disappointed but it’s okay. We failed on 12 opportunities this year, but as things stand, there’s 13 next year. So a better chance. That’s what I’m hanging my hat on anyway.

In my defence, and I can’t prove this, but I took out Harry for my final list...dagnamit!

And now it's official! Congratulations to 2019 champ oceansizer with the unprecedented score of 3, runner-up zimmy with 2, and the following with 1:

Bob Digital
borisman
everlong
irishfanatic
kennyb
kurtinelson
long distance
maineman209
manxman2601
Mix
patchick
Patriot Missile
Peachhead
reamer
SamBamsFan
SBLIII
sircole

Impressively, 8 of the 10 Patriots draft picks were selected by at least one poster (all but Damien Harris and Ken Webster). Strong work, everyone!

And now it's official! Congratulations to 2019 champ oceansizer with the unprecedented score of 3, runner-up zimmy with 2, and the following with 1:

Bob Digital
borisman
everlong
irishfanatic
kennyb
kurtinelson
long distance
maineman209
manxman2601
Mix
patchick
Patriot Missile
Peachhead
reamer
SamBamsFan
SBLIII
sircole

Impressively, 8 of the 10 Patriots draft picks were selected by at least one poster (all but Damien Harris and Ken Webster). Strong work, everyone!

The wisdom of crowds.

Thanks for doing this. But you should have a word with mini-Patchick. A shoddy performance, especially in a draft with so many funny names. Got too clever this year methinks.

The wisdom of crowds.

Thanks for doing this. But you should have a word with mini-Patchick. A shoddy performance, especially in a draft with so many funny names. Got too clever this year methinks.

She is a woman of principle. Weird is not enough for her, and I respect that.

I'm claiming victory over anyone else who only got one pick correct. I did it with only calling 11 shots you bunch of losers! That makes me better! 3rd best baby! I don't care if it's legal.

*Obnoxiously spikes ball and celebrates*

It's the ones you miss that you regret. I had Hjalte Froholdt and Yodny Cajuste in for a while. Still 2 is my best ever and they picked up Hall as a free agent so I'll give myself a half mark for that.

Every year you look back and think it's obvious: they always pick high character, team captains who hit certain athletic benchmarks. Each player they picked screamed Patriot in hindsight.

I concentrated on team captains and although 8 of the 10 draftees satisfied that criteria, I got a big fat zero. ;)

Bob Digital
borisman
everlong
irishfanatic
kennyb
kurtinelson
long distance
maineman209
manxman2601
Mix
patchick
Patriot Missile
Peachhead
reamer
SamBamsFan
SBLIII
sircole

oceansizer? is that you , belichick? you only got 3 right? *scoffs*

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back