PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 mocks

How is Josh Allen a 1st round draft pick? He's tall, powerful arm, can scramble a bit . . . but he can't seem to throw complete passes. Seems way too risky for a team to pick him in early in round 1 and teams drafting later in 1st round generally don't need QB's.

It doesn't end well for guys who can't
make quick decisions & cmp 60% of their passes.

He knows he's going top 10 or else he wouldn't come out.

I just find it hilarious that most of these mock drafts have the Vikings picking at 32 ahead of us. They have us at 31. The Vikings have become a sexy pick.

I just find it hilarious that most of these mock drafts have the Vikings picking at 32 ahead of us. They have us at 31. The Vikings have become a sexy pick.

If they make it to the Super Bowl they'll have a major advantage over their AFC opponent. That's worth something, and would be a cool story, especially for a franchise who was the 1970s equivalent of the 1990s Buffalo Bills.

If the draft were based solely on regular-season stats, that would be the draft order based on SOS.

worrying about placement for teams in a January Mock drafts is also pretty funny; I know ive gotten but hurt about it a few times.

If they make it to the Super Bowl they'll have a major advantage over their AFC opponent. That's worth something, and would be a cool story, especially for a franchise who was the 1970s equivalent of the 1990s Buffalo Bills.

I think its funny how anyone thinks playing in your home stadium is truly that big of an advantage. yes sure you dont have to travel and such, but its not like its the CFP finals and teams are allotted tickets for team fans. No, SB tickets are for the rich, and having a team play at home won't really change that dynamic much.

I think its funny how anyone thinks playing in your home stadium is truly that big of an advantage. yes sure you dont have to travel and such, but its not like its the CFP finals and teams are allotted tickets for team fans. No, SB tickets are for the rich, and having a team play at home won't really change that dynamic much.

We'll just have to disagree on this, and maybe if the Vikings make the Super Bowl we can see how it plays out. While many Super Bowls have truly been a rich man's neutral site, others like Super Bowl 39 (Eagles fans) and Super Bowl 48 (Seahawks fans, the game with Manning's botched snap) were not. Given that, I suspect a ton of Vikings fans would be able to scrap up the cash for such a once in a lifetime event. We'll see though.

I find that rankings done this time of the the year, better define layers that will actually succeed in the nfl because film shows you everything you need to see about a player.

Personnel guys fall in love with guys with great measurable, but mediocre tape and that’s when overdraft and bust situations occur.

The tape can show you a players courage, leadership and instincts.

I find that rankings done this time of the the year, better define layers that will actually succeed in the nfl because film shows you everything you need to see about a player.

Personnel guys fall in love with guys with great measurable, but mediocre tape and that’s when overdraft and bust situations occur.

While I tend to agree with you in principle, I don't have time as an amateur scout to watch everyone by this point. It takes me another few months, and by that point I take into account everyone's height, weight, explosion, etc. Additionally, sometimes there are players from smaller schools that emerge in the pre-draft process, and seeing untapped potential in elite measurables can make or break their career. Generally, though, tape will show if a player can do the job or not.

As much as I make fun of "#" guys for stealing "tape" guys work once the combine & pro days come around I use all the info I can find.
W/e works for the individual I suppose.

I have always believed that regardless of what college you went to, if you have decent measurable, but play with courage, leadership desire and passion, You will find a home in the Nfl.

Just did a Fanspeak mock, using best player available, regardless of position. Ended up with:
Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
Da'ron Payne, DL, Alabama
Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
Luke Falk, QB, Wash. State
Richie James, WR, Mid Tenn. State

Just did a Fanspeak mock, using best player available, regardless of position. Ended up with:
Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

How are we getting three first round picks? :p

Would not complain, though.

Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

I would be dancing if we got that draft!

Right just done 4 Mock Drafts..

When doing these mocks i went for the players that i personally thought would help us more. i will admit though one of these picks was crazy value. It was Billy price. He falls to us at the end of the second round. So thought the value of him there was to good to not select him.

One thing to note is that Lamar Jackson value in a lot of big boards has dropped significantly and we could be looking at being able to select him potentially at the end of the second round, which i feel will be a steal. We can also select him in the first if we want that extra year option on him.

I was actually surprised when doing these drafts, i have a feeling we could be seeing some players fall dramatically. Roquan Smith fell to the 27th pick in one of these drafts which i couldn't foresee.

Another interesting development is Denzel Ward seems to be climbing into the top ten. Not 100% sold on him being a top ten pick. He's no Jalen Ramsey which i base my top ten corners in drafts on.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, has also fallen to about pick twenty in the mocks. which i'm surprised about, as he's arguably top 5 talent.

Rosen, Darnold. Seem to be locks at the top 6. Surprisingly the JETES, select Josh Jackson CB , and they also seem to be wanting Baker Mayfield. Need to look into Josh Jackson and why he has suddenly shot up draft boards.

First Round Pick -

Evans - Seems like a lock, was the first selection every time.

Round 2 -

Payne DL
Billy Price x2
Dorance Armstrong
Christian kirk

Round 3-
Lorezno Carter x 3
Josh sweat

Round 4 -
Troy Fumagali x2
Trenton Thompson x2

Round 6
QB- Kyle Lauraetta x 2
FB/TE/RB/HBACK/WR - Jaylen Samuels - Like this guy, reminds me of Arron H.....
RB- Kamryn Pettway - Runs through people.

@reamer @BaconGrundleCandy

If mark Andrews's there at 32 would you take him? I really think he could be another gronk in the nfl.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back