PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Combine

OT Crosby of Oregon is almost 6 foot 5 with 35 inch arms.

OT Miller of UCLA is almost 6 foot 9 with 34 inch arms.

Both with about the same size hands.

The gifts and shortcomings of genetics.

Lamar Jackson at over 6'2 and 216 pounds is really good for him. He looked skinny on tape.

OT Crosby of Oregon is almost 6 foot 5 with 35 inch arms.

OT Miller of UCLA is almost 6 foot 9 with 34 inch arms.

Both with about the same size hands.

The gifts and shortcomings of genetics.

Crosby is a bully, will finish his blocks. I'm not very good at evaluating O-Line.

Disappointed in Alex Cappa's arm length; he'll have to switch to LG.

OTOH, I love Brandon Parker's & Will Richardson's arm lengths; these are two of my favorite Day 3 OTs who could be more viable Swing Tackles than Fleming & Waddle, who are RTs only.

Disappointed in Alex Cappa's arm length; he'll have to switch to LG.

OTOH, I love Brandon Parker's & Will Richardson's arm lengths; these are two of my favorite Day 3 OTs who could be more viable Swing Tackles than Fleming & Waddle, who are RTs only.

I think Cappa was always a better guard prospect. He doesn't redirect in space well enough for tackle, but he's nasty, physical, and relishes doing the dirty work. I like him a lot, although I'm not sure if would be good value here. Probably goes in the 2nd - 3rd somewhere, and I don't know if we're looking to upgrade our guards. They played pretty well last year (other than that awful sack . . . ) and still have room for improvement as young players.

Measurements coming in for the receivers. I was surprised that DJ Moore was a full 6 feet. On the other hand, Pettis and Ridley are both sub-190. They better run fast.

Ian Thomas the heaviest of the TEs so far. He's supposed to be more of a pass catcher, but that's great size. Interesting to see how he tests -- I like his tape, although it's pretty sparse. He didn't play much, but could be a better pro than collegiate athlete.

For those who aren't familiar, a lot to like about his game:

Ian Thomas the heaviest of the TEs so far. He's supposed to be more of a pass catcher, but that's great size. Interesting to see how he tests -- I like his tape, although it's pretty sparse. He didn't play much, but could be a better pro than collegiate athlete.

For those who aren't familiar, a lot to like about his game:

I hope he's still available at the end of round 4, after all of our day 1 & 2 picks are used for defense.

Price apparently injured his shoulder during the bench press. Unexpected. He was a durable performer at every interior line position -- tied for the most starts in Ohio State history, I think? Anyway, something to monitor. He is the most ferocious center I've watched. He's just out for blood on every snap. Fun guy, although he has to fix his balance / lunging issues.

Hernandez and Nelson killed the bench, as expected. I doubt they boosted their stock, but it's probably reassuring to scouts to check that off as a positive.

Aruna is an intriguing guy, although it's tough to find a lot of easily-accessible film studies on him. Very long limbs, and he plays hard on every snap. At the very least, he has one of the coolest accents in the entire draft.

Combine Notes: Day 3 | Draft Analyst

He's DE #1 if anyone wants to scrub through the broadcast film. It's a lot more tedious than the draft breakdown cutups, but there's a lot of content if you're patient. :)

Barkley is already starting to put on a show. Over 230 pounds. 29 reps on the bench. He's going to destroy the Combine.

I expect gesicki to put up some ridiculous numbers at the combine. Wouldn't shock me if he ran under 4.6. Maybe he could be Greg Olsen 2.0. I am curious to see how these other tight ends run but Ian Thomas from indiana's a guy to look at.

Aruna is an intriguing guy, although it's tough to find a lot of easily-accessible film studies on him. Very long limbs, and he plays hard on every snap. At the very least, he has one of the coolest accents in the entire draft.

Combine Notes: Day 3 | Draft Analyst

He's DE #1 if anyone wants to scrub through the broadcast film. It's a lot more tedious than the draft breakdown cutups, but there's a lot of content if you're patient. :)

Yeah, he's on my list in the Binky thread. He looks a monster at that level, definitely worth a mid round pick...

Vea a few pounds shy of 350. Huge dude. Settle is also enormous, although he has the smallest hands of the DTs so far. It's not really that important, but it does make me chuckle to think of this enormous man with (relatively) tiny hands. Still a great prospect. He's a couple years younger than Vea, too, so he might have more upside if we have to Settle for my number two ranked DT.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back